NASA live space feed!

• 33 Replies

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Re: NASA live space feed!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
How ridiculous, you can't say either theory is correct or not based on the height of the ISS.

Now you're attempting to derail this argument with semantics? I'll rephrase: "The calculated height of the ISS in the aforementioned article that I supposedly read proves that the ISS is not as far away as you believe it is." Prove me wrong.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
I'm not attempting to derail anything.  Goodness you're impatient.

Do me a favor and don't assume I use the same tactics as the supposed flat earthers that post here.  I found the thread:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,4632.msg46074.html#msg46074
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
I'm not attempting to derail anything.  Goodness you're impatient.

Do me a favor and don't assume I use the same tactics as the supposed flat earthers that post here.  I found the thread:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,4632.msg46074.html#msg46074

I'm not impatient, I was just urging you to respond with evidence because you continued to respond without it. Thank you for finding this. Very interesting.

~D-Draw

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
Why wouldn't the calculations differ depending on the shape of the earth? On a Flat Earth you and your assistant are on the same plane, and on a Round Earth your assistant is standing at a completely different angle from you.

Because the distances involved aren't large enough that we'd need to take the earth's curvature into account to get a rough estimate.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.