Pathetic, bad, victimising moderation.

• 41 Replies
?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
Pathetic, bad, victimising moderation.
« on: May 20, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
I am being treated unnecessarily harshly whenever I comment on a derailed topic. This is what keeps happening:
1. A thread appears on a subject.
2. At some point, somebody other than me derails the topic and posts appear which are no longer relevant to it. These posts are ignored by the moderators.
3. I contribute a post relevant to the tangent topic, and am immediately threatened with a warning for off-topic posting. Other posters - who have derailed the topic in the first place - receive no warning.

Wilmore is the worst offender. He has already admitted prejudice against my posts in another thread.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:53:24 AM by Ichimaru Gin :] »
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
Re: Pathetic, crappy, victimising moderation.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
Maybe don't comment off-topic, even if other people have? It will be more effective than making these threads.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »
Or maybe you should just leave.

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
You are likely being specifically targeted by the mods. I suspect it's because your a douchebag.

To rectify this please cease posting or cease being a douchebag.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
Maybe don't comment off-topic, even if other people have? It will be more effective than making these threads.

If you think the point of these threads is to make the mods do their jobs properly, I know perfectly well it won't make any difference. They have another purpose entirely.
I notice there's no denial that it's one rule for me and another for others. I guess because it would be such an enormous lie that not even Wilmore would dare try it.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
What is this other purpose, then?

Lorddave

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
Probably to perma ban TK. It would be my goal of I was a mod.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
Re: Pathetic, bad, victimising moderation.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
At some point, somebody other than me derails the topic and posts appear which are no longer relevant to it. These posts are ignored by the moderators.

They aren't ignored, since the moderators are usually participants.

You apparently misunderstood. The subject of that sentence (the "they") was "threads", not "mods".

Anyway, I'm wondering what the purpose of the threads is too. If you've realized what ethic they operate under and that they don't respond to review, it's most sensible to resign to the fact that one must look to other forums for sanity; preferably ones that aren't largely overseen by teenagers from a community founded on dogma.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
At some point, somebody other than me derails the topic and posts appear which are no longer relevant to it. These posts are ignored by the moderators.

You apparently misunderstood. The subject of that sentence (the "they") was "threads", not "mods".

Anyway, I'm wondering what the purpose of the threads is too. If you've realized what ethic they operate under and that they don't respond to review, it's most sensible to resign to the fact that one must look to other forums for sanity; preferably ones that aren't largely overseen by teenagers from a community founded on dogma.

The purpose of the threads is to make newcomers to the forum quickly aware of what kind of community they have stumbled into, much as a hiker might think they have encountered a friendly hostelry whilst on their travels, only to realise that it is in fact full of inbred hicks and banjo twanging weirdos who are all each other's cousins and parents simultaneously, and are glaring at them as they sharpen their pitchforks. I think most people would like to know that before they've sat down and had a drink, don't you? (That's an analogy btw, people like Wilmore and Lord Dave need them pointed out to them.)

But sadly, Zarg is correct: as I have recently decided to take up the hobby of keeping tropical fish, I shall instead be frequenting a forum that does not contain people who believe the moon is a flat disc covered with shramps, or that mammoths live in tunnels under Antarctica, or that light can bend in four conflicting ways at once, or that spacecraft are fake.
Oh, wait! Nobody believes that here, either.
I might take up talking to the fish. I'd certainly get a better conversation with a guppy than I do from "FE'ers".

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
Noob posting noob thoughts.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Noob posting noob thoughts.

Sorry, and you are? Don't you live in the lower forum with the rest of the apes? When you've at least pretended to participate in a discussion about the shape of the earth, then I might bother with you.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
So you're leaving, then?  Bye, don't let the door hit you, don't come back, etc.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
So you're leaving, then?  Bye, don't let the door hit you, don't come back, etc.
How can I come back if I'm permanently banned, duh?
How are the cacti, btw?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
Will you post pics of your fish when you get them?

?

Thork

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
Why are you 1000+ post noobs still here complaining?

By now you should either be a part of the community and maybe even defending it, or have disappeared back into the internet so as we don't waste any more time trying to knock the corners off you until you post like a human. If you don't think you fit in, go find somewhere you will.

FES is not here for you absolute idiots to keep arguing that the earth is round for years. How simple are you? Get with the program or GFTO.

Addendum: I blame Markjo. When you have a mod that behaves like this for years and years and years, he sets a bad example.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:31:49 PM by Thork »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
FES is not here for you absolute idiots to keep arguing that the earth is round for years.

Blunt and harsh, but true.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
He says he here to try and convince noobs that we are all actually trolls. I suppose a noble, if not misguided and retarded, goal.

?

Thork

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »
We have lavished enough time on that selfish little prick.

He is chasing away new comers to the site who may end up as useful contributors, possibly so as he gets all our attention. I for one am sick of it.

Chasing away new members is trolling. F*ck his definition. He is damaging the site. I hope the mods will defend it.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Will you post pics of your fish when you get them?

No, because the moment Davis or Wilmore log on, I'm going to get bammed. But If I wasn't, then yes I would.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »

He is chasing away new comers to the site who may end up as useful contributors, possibly so as he gets all our attention. I for one am sick of it.

Chasing away new members is trolling. F*ck his definition. He is damaging the site. I hope the mods will defend it.

Do you think I care anymore, Mr "Pilot"? I have asked to be banned, why are you still complaining? Useful contributers - to WHAT?

?

Around And About

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
FES is not here for you absolute idiots to keep arguing that the earth is round for years.

Blunt and harsh, but true.

THEN EXPLAIN MARKJO, SIR.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Thork

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
Useful contributers - to WHAT?
Its The Flat Earth Society. Come for the flat earth, stay for the society. The clue is in the name.

And you think we are stupid? My god. ::)

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
Useful contributers - to WHAT?
Its The Flat Earth Society. Come for the flat earth, stay for the society. The clue is in the name.

And you think we are stupid? My god. ::)

[wilmore]Sorry, off topic post, naughty Thork, this is the first of your many final warnings. [/wilmore]
That's what I get. Why would I stay? Go back to the lower forum and carry on fapping.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

Do you think I care anymore, Mr "Pilot"? I have asked to be banned, why are you still complaining? Useful contributers - to WHAT?

Why do you need to be banned? If you don't want to be here then you could simply stop posting and checking the site.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »

Why do you need to be banned? If you don't want to be here then you could simply stop posting and checking the site.

Unfortunately, I find it difficult to resist wanting to give Wilmore, Thork et al a verbal punching. It's too tempting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
Change your email addy, and scramble your password.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

The purpose of the threads is to make newcomers to the forum quickly aware of what kind of community they have stumbled into, much as a hiker might think they have encountered a friendly hostelry whilst on their travels, only to realise that it is in fact full of inbred hicks and banjo twanging weirdos who are all each other's cousins and parents simultaneously, and are glaring at them as they sharpen their pitchforks. I think most people would like to know that before they've sat down and had a drink, don't you? (That's an analogy btw, people like Wilmore and Lord Dave need them pointed out to them.)
I do plenty of analogies.  Yes, I misread the topic of that sentence.  My mistake.  I thought you were talking about the mods.
But your analogy is pretty bad.
These guys aren't a bunch of inbred, angry, hicks.  Most of them are very pleasant.  Contrary to your belief, this isn't a hostile forum.  At least, not the people who have been here.  Plenty of angry noobs come in and insult the society but that's about it.  The problem is you.  You aren't civil.  You aren't understanding.  You are the inbred hick sharpening the pitchfork then telling all the visitors to get outta here.

I knew coming in what I was getting into: A forum where people believed the Earth was flat.  As silly as you think it is, there are people who believe silly things that make no sense.  Ever heard of religion?
The people on this forum don't conform to your views on how humans should think.  And that's not a bad thing.  I've been exposed to new ideas and new ways of thinking.  I may not agree with it, but so what?  If I got angry with people I didn't agree with, I'd only hang out with people who agreed with me all the time and how much fun can that be?

I hope you keep that attitude of yours for the rest of your life.  I hope it ruins all your relationships.  I hope it destroys many friendships.  And I hope, as you die alone at the ripe old age of 95 in a nursing home, you think back to this forum and realize we were right about you.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »

Unfortunately, I find it difficult to resist wanting to give Wilmore, Thork et al a verbal punching. It's too tempting.

Please, have mercy.

?

Around And About

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
Go on, ban me forever, I dare you.