RE -------->FE

• 22 Replies
RE -------->FE
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »
right first off i just wanna say hi to everyone :) re and fe alike :) ive been browsing this forum for quite a while now but never joined in.  i first found this site from a friend of a friend (he came here to point and laugh while our forum was down)

ive gone through different stages with the FES, first off i was a bit like my friend of a friend or as you say angry noob :) but i refrained from posting and 'lurked moar' :) then the more i read the more i started to wonder there might be something to this but always having that angry noob attitude in the back ground

but sadly to say in the last few weeks ive slowly realised that im a definite re and today i read the thread 'discourse of the zetetic method' where the knowledge asked a perfectly reasonable question and was shot down by a spelling error :( i mean that was the first reply he got

anyway i enjoy reading just about everyone's posts but what i wanted to know was - what made you become a fe? surely you weren't born this way or you could have fe parents that raised you this way (which i doubt) i mean you probably had the same re teachings as the next kid right? was it a sudden change or a gradual acceptance?

any way please feel free to reply/ignore/check spelling :)

Re: RE -------->FE
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
You need more capital letters, periods, commas, and other punctuation.  >o<

*Also, I came here as a curious RE'r, and haven't really been convinced yet of FET.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:19:14 PM by 29silhouette »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
i refrained from posting and 'lurked moar'
And still not nowhere near enough.  ;)
what made you become a fe?
By listening to and coming to believe in Levee.
any way please feel free to ignore/check spelling :)
That was much harder to do than it seems.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
There are two threads right now in the top 3 of Q&A both claiming to have lurked and both asking the same question we get weekly. I'm seriously doubting the extent to which these posters have lurked.

Also, logic, reason, and a general rejection of institutions led me to FE.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
today i read the thread 'discourse of the zetetic method' where the knowledge asked a perfectly reasonable question and was shot down by a spelling error :( i mean that was the first reply he got

If you had been lurking a little harder, you would understand the context of Lord Wilmore's reply to The Knowledge's "perfectly reasonable question". 

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 03:06:33 AM »
but sadly to say in the last few weeks ive slowly realised that im a definite re and today i read the thread 'discourse of the zetetic method' where the knowledge asked a perfectly reasonable question and was shot down by a spelling error :( i mean that was the first reply he got
I'd be interested to know if 'The knowledge' will be getting a further ban for this obvious alt. No person who has 'lurked' for a year, could possibly find 'the knowledge' in any shape or form to be reasonable.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:10:24 AM by Thork »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »
today i read the thread 'discourse of the zetetic method' where the knowledge asked a perfectly reasonable question and was shot down by a spelling error :( i mean that was the first reply he got

Sadly typical of Lord Wilmore and many others.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
no i am not an alt thork :) although i disagree with most of your beliefs , i consider you all intelligent people and funny to boot :) however whatever intelligence you have is almost negated by your fe beliefs :( the knowledge is just trying to show you what you think is wrong :( but i think it will always fall upon (self inflicted) deaf ears :( i will continue to browse these forums but have zero belief in a flat earth.  i have eventually come to the zetetic conclusion that its just silly

as a side note i saw mention of 'fish nudging' i dont know anything about it past those two words but it made me laugh

anyway Slickus-1 FE-0   full time

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »
Think of the hypocrisy involved there. We are only trying to share a belief in a flat earth and our theory with others only to have it 'fall on deaf ears' on the vast majority of the time. You then come here, to demote our cause, and get annoyed when if 'falls on deaf ears'.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 03:30:43 AM »
Think of the hypocrisy involved there. We are only trying to share a belief in a flat earth and our theory with others only to have it 'fall on deaf ears' on the vast majority of the time. You then come here, to demote our cause, and get annoyed when if 'falls on deaf ears'.

No, people get annoyed when we present a scientific argument against FET which you guys respond to with totally unscientific made up physics, insults, semantic nitpicking and so on. It's at that point that people generally start threads like this one. I don't like to accuse you of noobness but you should have realised that by now.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 03:35:07 AM »
No, people get annoyed when we present a scientific argument against FET which you guys respond to with totally unscientific made up physics, insults, semantic nitpicking and so on.
How should 'people' respond? How can 'people' deliver a scientific flat earth response when science says the earth is round? You're such a moron. If you don't like conversing with those gracious enough to humour you with the FE argument, go join another forum.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:39:11 AM by Thork »

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 04:38:26 AM »
No, people get annoyed when we present a scientific argument against FET which you guys respond to with totally unscientific made up physics, insults, semantic nitpicking and so on.
science says the earth is round

QED.

?

Thork

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »
Science is wrong. Its often wrong. Its wrong about this. You need to lurk moar.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 06:52:19 AM »
Science is wrong. Its often wrong. Its wrong about this. You need to lurk moar.

Science is right. It's often right, far more often than it's wrong. It's right about this. You need to lurk moar.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
i am not here to demote your cause you need no help there and im certainly not annoyed

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

No, people get annoyed when we present a scientific argument against FET which you guys respond to with totally unscientific made up physics, insults, semantic nitpicking and so on. It's at that point that people generally start threads like this one. I don't like to accuse you of noobness but you should have realised that by now.
aye thats about right

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 04:38:19 AM »
welcome to the forum slickus  :) dont take these guys too seriously :D

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 05:30:32 AM »

WOW. Really? Thats the guy who believes the world is only 500 years old. And we are being lied to about the real shape of atoms. And that virtually all written history is a cunning lie. Yeah I've read his posts over in the believers only area.
He pretty much refuses to believe anything that he's ever been exposed to his entire life. EXCEPT for how to use a computer to research the most insane conspiracy nonsense ever written. He certainly listened and learnt about that.
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »

WOW. Really? Thats the guy who believes the world is only 500 years old. And we are being lied to about the real shape of atoms. And that virtually all written history is a cunning lie. Yeah I've read his posts over in the believers only area.
He pretty much refuses to believe anything that he's ever been exposed to his entire life. EXCEPT for how to use a computer to research the most insane conspiracy nonsense ever written. He certainly listened and learnt about that.
A closed mind is like a closed book. Just a block of wood.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:35 AM »
You call it an open mind, I call it serious signs of delusion and paranoia. My ex studied psychology. I am somewhat aware of the warning signs. And I'm serious about this. I think Levee needs to seek some help.

A more comical way to say it is, don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
Don't be so closed minded that you do not let anything in.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
Don't be so closed minded that you do not let anything in.

Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

MrT

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
I would also say don't be so open minded that you let just any old thing in.

I've met people that are swayed by/believe just about every little thing they hear and let it affect their lives.  The fact is, there are a lot of people spouting worthless stuff these days, particularly on the internet.  Every weirdo with a camera and youtube account, or a blog has an audience.  Being open minded doesn't mean accepting everything you hear without questioning the things that don't make sense to you.

I also find it funny that considering most FE believers discount every argument brought up by REr's, seemingly often without solid basis, that FEr's are so often telling REr's to keep an open mind.  "Keeping an open mind" seems to be analogous to believing any random invented hypothesis, assumption, etc. without proof, even if it goes against supposedly proven contradictory ideas.  In fact, particularly if it goes against something generally accepted.
The above is not meant to be an attack or inflammatory, it's just what I think.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I don't understand