Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions

• 690 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions
« Reply #570 on: April 15, 2020, 01:43:33 PM »
It is suggested to completely avoid moonlight.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #571 on: May 10, 2020, 04:42:50 AM »
This forum has been a little quiet of late I think. I hope the recent super moon didn't harm anyone here. I got a little exposed through my car windows. Had to get Pizza for the family. I ordered online but hadn't yet paid. I think the dill at the counter must have been exposed because he didn't check the docket to see I hadn't paid and handed me the 3 pizzas and chicken wings and said 'have a good night' and walked off

Ok then. Dont take my money  :o

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #572 on: May 10, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »
This forum has been a little quiet of late I think. I hope the recent super moon didn't harm anyone here. I got a little exposed through my car windows. Had to get Pizza for the family. I ordered online but hadn't yet paid. I think the dill at the counter must have been exposed because he didn't check the docket to see I hadn't paid and handed me the 3 pizzas and chicken wings and said 'have a good night' and walked off

And you are complaining.
I get my nightly dose through the bathroom window, with no ell effects.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #573 on: May 10, 2020, 01:00:51 PM »

And you are complaining.

I'm still confused exactly how the moon rays make you mad.

How do they effect the brain? Messing with electro-chemical receptors? Altering dopamine and other compounds? Degrading synapses?

What causes this effect and how is it measured?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #574 on: May 10, 2020, 01:20:02 PM »

And you are complaining.

I'm still confused exactly how the moon rays make you mad.

How do they effect the brain? Messing with electro-chemical receptors? Altering dopamine and other compounds? Degrading synapses?

What causes this effect and how is it measured?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunatic

The term "lunatic" derives from the Latin word lunaticus, which originally referred mainly to epilepsy and madness, as diseases thought to be caused by the moon. The King James Version of the Bible records "lunatick" in the Gospel of Matthew which has been interpreted as a reference to epilepsy. By the fourth and fifth centuries[clarification needed], astrologers were commonly using the term to refer to neurological and psychiatric diseases. Philosophers such as Aristotle and Pliny the Elder argued that the full moon induced insane individuals with bipolar disorder by providing light during nights which would otherwise have been dark, and affecting susceptible individuals through the well-known route of sleep deprivation. Until at least 1700, it was also a common belief that the moon influenced fevers, rheumatism, episodes of epilepsy and other diseases.

The notion the moon induces madness is not something new. How it does this is not all that clear, but just because you dont understand the mechanism, doesn't mean you shouldn't heed the warnings. Humans have feared the moon for thousands of years and it is incomprehensible that the reasons for the fear have been baseless this whole time

If something as small and insignificant as a dung beetle can use the moonlight to aide it in rolling shit in a straight line, then that's reason enough to know the moon rays are not insignificant or inconsequential. Some animals such as insects or bugs may only live a few weeks. The exposure to the moonlight is not long enough to do any damage to them. We would like to live for a century or more, so we should limit our exposure. It's simply sound advice.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #575 on: May 10, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
The notion the moon induces madness is not something new. How it does this is not all that clear, but just because you dont understand the mechanism, doesn't mean you shouldn't heed the warnings. Humans have feared the moon for thousands of years and it is incomprehensible that the reasons for the fear have been baseless this whole time

So if you don't know how the effect works, how can you know if you're safe?

What if the moon rays go though through your house?  They affect the tides even when you can't see the moon.

They could be irradiating you right now.

If you don't know anything about what they are made of then you have no way of defending against them.

That does sound scary.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #576 on: May 10, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
You will know you are safe if you protect yourself from the moon. Most nights you can use an umbrella, but during the supermoon you should really not go outside at all. If you have to, I suggest a full welding helmet and hood.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »
You will know you are safe if you protect yourself from the moon. Most nights you can use an umbrella, but during the supermoon you should really not go outside at all. If you have to, I suggest a full welding helmet and hood.
And a respirator.  Moonlight has been known to cause covid-19 and a super moon will probably give you covid 20, 21 and 22.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »
Good advice!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
It is no coincidence that people who are gathering together outside at night without the proper precautions are more susceptible to Covid19.

Please everyone, wear a mask outside of the house and stay out of the moonlight. We all have to do our part.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #580 on: May 15, 2020, 03:49:48 PM »
It is no coincidence that people who are gathering together outside at night without the proper precautions are more susceptible to Covid19.

Please everyone, wear a mask outside of the house and stay out of the moonlight. We all have to do our part.
Let's reword that slightly:
It is no coincidence that people who are gathering together are more susceptible to Covid19.

Please everyone, wear a mask outside of the house and associate to close with others. We all have to do our part.

Could I suggest that the only evidence that moonlight might have any connection is that people would prefer to congregate where there is more light, such as in the full moonlight?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #581 on: May 15, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »
An interesting conspiracy that should be examined; whether or not moonlight cause covid-19, 20 or 21. At least it can strenghten the covid-19 virus. Thanks to markjo.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #582 on: May 16, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »
Make a mark - the madness or the moon might consume you yet true knowledge has always come from madness.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #583 on: May 17, 2020, 09:11:08 AM »

It is no coincidence that people who are gathering together are more susceptible to Covid19.

Please everyone, wear a mask outside of the house and associate to close with others. We all have to do our part.

Could I suggest that the only evidence that moonlight might have any connection is that people would prefer to congregate where there is more light, such as in the full moonlight?
No. Corona is no joking matter.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #584 on: May 17, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »

No. Corona is no joking matter.
I'd be extra careful of a full moon with a corona then:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #585 on: May 17, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »
Exactly!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #586 on: May 17, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »
Those are the most dangerous of all moons! Even viewing through a screen is dangerous!

Next time please link to the image with a warning

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »
The Strawberry Moon approaches! Stay safe out there folks. Especially anyone in the Eastern hemisphere.

https://www.livescience.com/strawberry-full-moon-june-2020.html

Friday's full moon, also known as the strawberry moon, will light up the night sky in most of the Western Hemisphere (including North America), but that's not the case the world over.

In much of the Eastern Hemisphere, the full moon on Friday (June 5) will showcase a penumbral lunar eclipse, meaning that the strawberry moon will appear dark and silvery.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #588 on: July 03, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
Saturday night we will experience the particularly deadly "Thunder Moon". Please be sure to wear your strongest protective gear while lighting your explosives.

?

Eren

« Reply #589 on: February 21, 2021, 04:49:42 AM »
Upon further reading of this site I can only conclude to most of you this is a joke.

I like jokes.

Flat earth is taken so seriously by academia there's so much debunking of it. I thought there would be more people that believed it.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2021, 12:19:48 PM »
I urge you not to laugh when the Snow Moon is rapidly approaching.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #591 on: February 21, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Many souls have been lost to the Snow Moon. It's 6 days away. Preparations should be made as soon as possible.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2021, 10:59:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to board the windows, sleep wrapped in aluminium foil and hide under the bed.

I won't tell the family so I can report back to you all the threat is real when they start coughing blood from exposure. Or, is that too extreme?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2021, 02:26:28 AM »
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” It is a sad fact that there are both genetic and developmental factors that underly the condition of mestoselenophobia (fear of the full moon).

Culturally, a rejection of the moon is a patriarchal denunciation of the female spirit and the cyclical forces of nature, menstruation (ultimately from the Greek moon) being a reason for purdah in many male-controlled societies/religions. The linking of lunacy and lycanthropy to the moon, an extrapolation of period induced mood swings is another technique of female denigration.

Further to this, our divorce from nature, mother earth and her sister is compounded when babies are born under electric lighting and kept this way. Who among you has been exposed to the first full moon after your birth to release the epigenic genetic potential of our forebears? None I would guess, no instead we have witch trials and legions of basement dwelling computer troglodytes whose nocturnal cycles are wedded to artificial light instead of the beauty of sister moon.

Break these debilitating civilised chains, come dance with us under the Hunger moon and call in the spring.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:33:41 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2021, 02:30:04 AM »

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” It is a sad fact that there are both genetic and developmental factors that underly the condition of mestoselenophobia.

Culturally, a rejection of the moon is a patriarchal denunciation of the female spirit and the cyclical forces of nature, menstruation (ultimately from the Greek moon) being a reason for purdah in many male-controlled societies/religions. The linking of lunacy and lycanthropy to the moon, an extrapolation of period induced mood swings is another technique of female denigration.

Further to this, our divorce from nature, mother earth and her sister is compounded when babies are born under electric lighting and kept this way. Who among you has been exposed to the first full moon after your birth to release the epigenic genetic potential of our forebears? None I would guess, no instead we have witch trials and legions of basement dwelling computer troglodytes whose nocturnal cycles are wedded to artificial light instead of the beauty of sister moon.

Break these debilitating civilised chains, come dance with us under the Hunger moon and call in the spring.

Looking at your avatar, you can have your 'beautiful' natural moon light. I'm fine under this fake fluorescent light

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2021, 02:57:27 AM »
Do I hear shaming language Shifty?   Do I see blinkers?

Selene will welcome you despite your abuse of her admirers, maybe, but do not imagine her as weak or passive, the scars on her splendour are wounds of battle earned in the defeat of the deadliest of monsters, Typhon.
Be wary of angering her.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 05:22:52 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2021, 03:04:40 AM »

Do I hear shaming language Shifty?   Do I see blinkers?

Selene will welcome you despite your abuse of her admirers, maybe, but do not imagine her as passive, the scars on her splendour are wounds of battle earned in the defeat of the deadliest of monsters, Typhon.
Be wary of angering her.

Oh, I thought it was just one side of her face being exposed to moonlight and the other, not. Kind of like damage from the sun with 'Truck Driver face' except the moonlight is far more nasty
https://supposeudrive.com/truck-driver-face-what-it-is-and-how-to-prevent-it/

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2021, 03:30:37 AM »

Your western tribal and frankly retarded view of beauty is indicative of a mind with the depth of a car-park puddle Shifty, those of us who see magnificence not just as a pretty veneer pity you.

Reflect on the moon and her wisdom, all need not be lost.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:00 AM »

Your western tribal and frankly retarded view of beauty is indicative of a mind with the depth of a car-park puddle Shifty, those of us who see magnificence not just as a pretty veneer pity you.

Reflect on the moon and her wisdom, all need not be lost.

This is exactly what a werewolf would say!

« Reply #599 on: March 03, 2021, 07:36:41 PM »
I saw the full moon and, I must have gone looney, I am still here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:59:29 PM by MouseWalker »
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.