Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions

• 690 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2014, 07:44:23 AM »
I am sorry for offending you about your autism.  I will drop the subject.  However, have you ever thought that maybe lunar light could be the cause? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2014, 08:13:29 AM »
I am sorry for offending you about your autism. 
No you aren't.

I will drop the subject. 
That would be nice.

However, have you ever thought that maybe lunar light could be the cause?
So much for dropping the subject. ::)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Arith

« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
Hey, moderator. Can we get some moderation here?
I'm guessing you've never dealt with those with (actual) autism huh.

« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
I don't think he was trying to be a dick just saying (and rightfully so) that the cause of autism is the moon it used to be called lunicy but we've learned a lot sence then

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »
I don't think he was trying to be a dick...
You're new here, aren't you?

... just saying (and rightfully so) that the cause of autism is the moon...
Citation please.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »
So you can say "no cuz science booklearned me so im right"?

lunar eclipes cause autism so do vaccenes its pretty obvious for those of us that actually look around us instead of just saying what They have teached you

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »
I personally support vaccination. The Moon is very different.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
So you can say "no cuz science booklearned me so im right"?

lunar eclipes cause autism so do vaccenes its pretty obvious for those of us that actually look around us instead of just saying what They have teached you
Without evidence it's just your opinion.  You must have seen something that made you believe the moon causes autism, what was it?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2014, 03:52:55 AM »
Cases of lunacy have been documented for centurys.  Look it up. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2014, 07:16:49 AM »

You mean like some diseases are attributed to an imbalance in the humors? Or an evil spirits curse?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2014, 09:17:32 AM »

No they haven't.  And I did look it up...

"There is a more serious problem for fervent believers in the lunar lunacy effect: no evidence that it exists. Florida International University psychologist James Rotton, Colorado State University astronomer Roger Culver, and University of Saskatchewan psychologist Ivan W. Kelly have searched far and wide for any consistent behavioral effects of the full moon.

In all cases, they have come up empty-handed. By combining the results of multiple studies and treating them as though they were one huge study—a statistical procedure called  meta-analysis—they have found that full moons are entirely unrelated to a host of events, including crimes, suicides, psychiatric problems and crisis center calls.

In their 1985 review of 37 studies entitled "Much Ado about the Full Moon" which appeared in one of psychology’s premier journals, Psychological Bulletin, Rotton and Kelly humorously bid adieu to the full-moon effect and concluded that further research on it was unnecessary."

—And again, my apologies for posting actual scientific evidence.  I know it's frowned upon in these forums, but I just can't resist LOL.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »
Sickness from the moon has been debunked. Had you actually read the thread you would have seen that octojay made the claim that autism is caused by the moon. This is what we want evidence for. Currently it seems that octojay ran away from the thread.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »
Autism is worst when the moon is full FACT

Proof to me that it isnt.  JUST LOOK AROUND YOURSELVE

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »

Proof to me that it isnt.  JUST LOOK AROUND YOURSELVE
Cute opinion.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
that you're theory is that we all live on a magic ball that everything sticks to?  that is pretty cute

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
that you're theory is that we all live on a magic ball that everything sticks to?  that is pretty cute
Feel free to back up anything you say. Or is it too hard?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

ausGeoff

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2014, 01:08:37 PM »

Proof to me that it isn't.

Autism is caused by what's known as brain "overgrowth" during the embryonic stage of human gestation, as per the following:

•  An excess of neurons that causes local overconnectivity in key brain regions;
•  Disturbed neuronal migration;
•  Unbalanced excitatory/inhibitory networks;
•  Abnormal formation of synapses and dendritic spines;
•  Modulation of the neurexin–neuroligin cell-adhesion system;
•  Poorly regulated synthesis of synaptic proteins.

Can you now provide us evidence supporting your hypothesis that autism is aggravated by sunlight reflected off the moon.  Can you also explain why—despite everybody being exposed to "moonlight"—only people with autism are negatively affected.  Additionally, what specific symptoms do people with autism display during full moon periods, and are blind (totally sightless) sufferers affected in the same way?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2014, 06:03:18 AM »
Florida International University psychologist James Rotton, Colorado State University astronomer Roger Culver, and University of Saskatchewan psychologist Ivan W. Kelly have searched far and wide for any consistent behavioral effects of the full moon.

I wonder how much they were paid to say that?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »
Florida International University psychologist James Rotton, Colorado State University astronomer Roger Culver, and University of Saskatchewan psychologist Ivan W. Kelly have searched far and wide for any consistent behavioral effects of the full moon.

Feel free to peer review their work.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Arith

« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »

Well, I'd say Psychologist and Astronomer money respectively.

ausGeoff

« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »
Well, I'd say Psychologist and Astronomer money respectively.

LOL... poor old jroa must think that research scientists work for free?

Arith

« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2014, 02:06:23 PM »
So guys, back to the subject.
When can I expect to become a werewolf or grow an autism or whatever happens with long term exposure to the moon? Including supermoons by the way.

It's been pretty well a month or so. Can I call this sufficiently BS, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »
So guys, back to the subject.
When can I expect to become a werewolf or grow an autism or whatever happens with long term exposure to the moon? Including supermoons by the way.

It's been pretty well a month or so. Can I call this sufficiently BS, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Can't you see it? It has already happened! You have spent all your life walking under the Moon just like that, and now your small, moonlight-fried brain makes you believe in RE! Despite all the evidence for FE!!!1!

Arith

« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
Holy sweet atheismo you're right!
I've gone full lunatic!

« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
I've gone full lunatic!

See? Even the name fits :D

By the way, I wonder what do these moon-will-kill-us-all guys think causes the moonlight to be so "harmful". Is it some weird frequency/wavelength? Polarization, maybe? Or does it contain some "moonar" spores which can infect us and make us sick?

ausGeoff

« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
By the way, I wonder what do these moon-will-kill-us-all guys think causes the moonlight to be so "harmful".

It's the subtle but undeniable effects of denpressure on the light's wavelength as it travels through the earth's atmoplane.  Denpressure twists the light's molecular structure, and increases its UV component by several hundred per cent.  It therefore acts like sunburn on a summer's day.  Apparently most flat earthers avoid this danger by wearing SPF 35 and dark glasses when they're outside during the night.

« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2014, 08:41:57 AM »
As you all say, autism becomes worse under moonlight, these poor, innocent people slowly being seduced under the influence of the government, who use the moon to send light waves which stimulate parts of the brain, causing this heinous phenomenon (it's why sometimes when we look at the full moon, it's so bright we just can't look away). Perhaps down syndrome is caused by this as well, as pregnant women look into the moon their fetus' minds become corrupt. BEWARE OF THIS PHENOMENON CALLED MOON BURN, BY WEARING FOIL HATS (METALLIC POTS PREFERRED), LEAD JACKETS, AS WELL AS SUNGLASSES  8) THAT CANCEL OUT INFRARED WAVES!!!!!! HEED TO THIS PLEASE IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
I'm not sure what's more dangerous the moon or your stupidity what does the media and government gain by not telling people the earth is flat

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »
i hadn't thought about this before, but it makes sense. sunlight causes skin cancer and sunburn, and the moon is just the same kind of object, just closer to the earth, with less in the way to disrupt the rays.
it seems so clear it could be dangerous. it's a pity so few people are aware of the true shape of the earth, and the real dangers.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

ausGeoff

« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »
i hadn't thought about this before, but it makes sense. sunlight causes skin cancer and sunburn, and the moon is just the same kind of object, just closer to the earth, with less in the way to disrupt the rays.
it seems so clear it could be dangerous. it's a pity so few people are aware of the true shape of the earth, and the real dangers.

So-called "moonlight" is in fact simply reflected light irradiated by the sun.  The albedo of the moon is 0.038 at the UV wavelength of 1700 Angstroms, which is the harmful component of sunlight.  Albedo is a non-dimensional, unitless quantity that indicates how well a surface reflects solar energy. Albedo varies between 0 and 1.  Clean snow has an albedo of 0.9 as a comparison.

Moonlight has a solar radiation component which is about 1/500,000th of that of the sun at the earth's surface.  Or put another way, sunlight is approximately 500,000 times stronger than moonlight.

To think for even a moment that moonlight can cause sunburn or skin cancer is totally unfounded—to say the least.  I challenge any flat earther to provide any viable evidence that would contradict this, along with citations of course.  I also note the typical flat earth inclusion of the phrase "could be" when making alleged statements of fact.  They're commonly called "weasel words" and are usually employed by people who are unsure of their argument, and need to provide an escape clause when empirical evidence destroys their claims.