Is Flat Earth Society Going Viral?

• 24 Replies

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
Is Flat Earth Society Going Viral?
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
Some say The Flat Earth Society has been Trolling since it was founded in 1956. Others would argue that The Flat Earth Society is the oldest club that is still around today. Whatever you believe about the shape of the earth is your business, but if it's not Flat you may be in for a surprise.

Isolated studies show that more and more people are talking about the Earth possibly being Flat. There are an abundance of user submitted videos on YouTube in the last few months alone all discussing Flat Earth Theory.

Is this trend going to continue? Will the world find out once and for all that the earth is flat and celebrate in all it's wonderful Glory? Will modern science be put to shame in one amazing superflat viral sensation?

Only time will tell.

Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: Is Flat Earth Society Going Viral?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
Thanks for looking all of these up - I've added most of them to the society's official YouTube Channel.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

I like this guy. I wonder who he is on this forum.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
There are an abundance of user submitted videos on YouTube in the last few months alone all discussing Flat Earth Theory.

Oh iWitness, you're so cute sometimes.

The videos that have been submitted in the last few months scarcely even approach 1000 views, while the others which approach 50,000 (which still is nothing in youtube terms) have taken about 2 years to do so. This is not what we call "Going Viral".

Search any topic on youtube, set the filter to results within a month, and you'll find very similar viewing trends.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=m&search_type=videos&uni=3&search_query=unibrow
Here we have a video about unibrows gaining over a thousand views in just 2 weeks, and countless other unibrow hits in the last month alone. Are Unibrows Going Viral?
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »
The FES is a club???

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Excellent work iwitness, there were some videos that I had not seen before. I like the "ex nasa" artist guy.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

EduardoVS-BR

• Flat Earth Editor
  • I respect both theories.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »
Thanks for looking all of these up - I've added most of them to the society's official YouTube Channel.
I didn't know that the society had a channel. I'll see it.

"People are like books: they need to be read. Don't stop reading on the cover, for there is a lot of wealth hidden beyond non-attractive covers." - Fábio de Melo

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
aren't most of these parody videos?
they do more damage to the true Zetetics.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:37:41 AM »

Some are parody videos, but many are of genuine interest. I have excluded those I felt would do more harm than good.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »

Some are parody videos, but many are of genuine interest. I have excluded those I felt would do more harm than good.

If FET was solid, no video could harm it.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »
If FET was solid, no video could harm it.

::)

They don't harm FET. But they might harm the site's image if added to our official YouTube channel.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »
Nice Work Willmore!

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
The guy in the video, his name is Math Powerland, he is some some of an artist but claims that he used to work for NASA. He probably is a member of this forum, I suspect its Lord Dave. lol
JJA voted for Pedro

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 12:38:16 AM »
I'm not sure that FET is going viral, but it is surely picking up momentum. Perhaps one day. Also, thanks for the links, I enjoyed many of the videos.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Math Powerland certainly is a member who has been following this forum. I've seen him explain the sinking ship effect with my own explanations verbatim.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
I've seen him explain the sinking ship effect with my own explanations verbatim.

The mark of a true free-thinker.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
The guy in the video, his name is Math Powerland, he is some some of an artist but claims that he used to work for NASA. He probably is a member of this forum, I suspect its Lord Dave. lol

Actually, his name is Math Boylan.  Personally, I don't think that he's very funny.
http://www.rtbot.net/MATH_BOYLAN
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:40 PM »
this guy seems like hes mocking what many of believe is True.
and whats with the painted girl? and 911 references???
his videos do not reflect disc earth theory, and any Zetetic would not embrace this.
please delete any of his videos from this site

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »

Actually, his name is Math Boylan.  Personally, I don't think that he's very funny.

Fortunately people come to this forum to see what I think, not what you think.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 05:23:49 AM »

Yes Tom, your stand up routine is much better than his.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »

You seem conveniently to forget the enormous number of times when people disagree with you.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
I didn't know that the society had a channel. I'll see it.

Sorry, I didn't spot this when replying before, and I should have responded. Yes, we have a YouTube channel, and you can find it at the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/flatearthtoday

Any and all submissions are welcome. I'd love to see more community-created videos up there.

?

Thork

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 03:15:21 AM »
Yes, we have a YouTube channel
... and my word it is ugly.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:52 AM »
Yes, we have a YouTube channel
... and my word it is ugly.

Yeah... to be fair there isn't a wealth of imagery for me to work with in terms of a background, and I have neither the time nor the ability to create one of my own.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
When I submit my redesign entry I'll include a general press kit that can be used for stuff like that.