General Purpose Moon Topic

• 94 Replies
?

Ryan Onessence

• All and neither; make of it what you will
Re: General Purpose Moon Topic
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 03:25:22 AM »
It's is well known that murders and violent crimes occur with greater frequency during a full moon. If the moon had no effect on human existence, why would this happen?

Tulpa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
   This article contains Indic text.

Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks or boxes, misplaced vowels or missing conjuncts instead of Indic text.
   Look up tulpa in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
[show]
Part of a series on
Tibetan Buddhism

Tulpa (Wylie: sprul-pa; Sanskrit: निर्मित nirmita[1] and निर्माण nirmāṇa;[2] "to build" or "to construct") is an upaya concept in Tibetan Buddhism and Bon, discipline and teaching tool. The term was first rendered into English as 'Thoughtform' by Evans-Wentz (1954: p. 29):

In as much as the mind creates the world of appearances, it can create any particular object desired. The process consists of giving palpable being to a visualization, in very much the same manner as an architect gives concrete expression in three dimensions to his abstract concepts after first having given them expression in the two-dimensions of his blue-print. The Tibetans call the One Mind's concretized visualization the Khorva (Hkhorva), equivalent to the Sanskrit Sangsara; that of an incarnate deity, like the Dalai or Tashi Lama, they call a Tul-ku (Sprul-sku), and that of a magician a Tul-pa (Sprul-pa), meaning a magically produced illusion or creation. A master of yoga can dissolve a Tul-pa as readily as he can create it; and his own illusory human body, or Tul-ku, he can likewise dissolve, and thus outwit Death. Sometimes, by means of this magic, one human form can be amalgamated with another, as in the instance of the wife of Marpa, guru of Milarepa, who ended her life by incorporating herself in the body of Marpa."[3]

The mindstream communion affected by the wife of Marpa in the abovementioned quotation, is an ancient mode of mind transmission (Tibetan: dgongs brgyud) or empowerment (Tibetan: dbang bskur) in the Himalayan traditions, documented in the folklore and anthropological studies of Himalayan and Siberian Shamanism. The Russian Psychiatrist Olga Kharitidi published her direct experience of this phenomenon in the Altay Mountains, where a shaman merged a stream of his consciousness continuum or 'spirit' with hers.[4] This phenomenon is a variation of the spiritual discipline of phowa (Tibetan: 'pho ba) and is often rendered as "spirit possession" within English anthropological discourse.[5]

In mysticism, a tulpa is the concept of a being or object which is created through sheer discipline alone. It is a materialized thought that has taken physical form and is usually regarded as synonymous to a thoughtform.[6]

The term comes from the works of Alexandra David-Néel, who claimed to have created a tulpa in the image of a jolly Friar Tuck-like monk which later developed a life of its own and had to be destroyed.[7]

The tulpa phenomenon is vindicated through the consciousness-only doctrine first propounded within the Yogācāra school and is part of the Mahayoga discipline of the generation Stage (Wylie:kye rim; Sanskrit: utpattikrama) , Anuyoga discipline of the completion stage (Wylie:dzog rim; Sanskrit:saṃpannakrama) and the Dzogchen perfection of effortless "unification of the generation and completion stages" (Wylie: bskyed rdzogs zung 'jug).[8]

So the Moon related events are cued by collective negative associations.... the moon i would suggest is no less bad than the sun each in their own respective ways

Also:

As my core reason for presence on these forums is well know to most of you now, this is in line with what I suppose is the effect that is happening at a mass scale... regarding RET - it is a collective conscinsess tulpa which deviates from the natural Flat perspective. However because the flat earth perspective is natural there is more power behind it than the sub-created RET-tulpa. so an individual can disconnect from the RET perspective regardless of the fact that over 50% of the world population view it as round as it has a pre-buffed exponential source of perpetuation in form.

Also the RET universe has existed long before the world tuned into it due to alternate realites crossing over and blending etc. and the fact that time cycles; consciousness, sciences, and the many ages etc repeat but never the less flat earth is still predominant as the original natural worldview

http://cynthiasuelarson.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/living-in-parallel-quantum-worlds/

http://soundcloud.com/orin-zolis/sets/world-music-ethnic-beats/

Knowledge gained via academic means and intelligence are not mutually inclusive. Those who assume authority and superiority over conventionally uneducated persons would be wiser to keep this in mind.

?

trig

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »
It's is well known that murders and violent crimes occur with greater frequency during a full moon. If the moon had no effect on human existence, why would this happen?
This is one of those "well known facts" that simply disappears when studied. Just like the Bermuda Triangle, when the cold facts of statistics are compiled the myth is revealed as such. Here and in lots of other places you can find how this myth has been studied to death only to find that there is no such relation.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »
This is one of those "well known facts" that simply disappears when studied. Just like the Bermuda Triangle, when the cold facts of statistics are compiled the myth is revealed as such. Here and in lots of other places you can find how this myth has been studied to death only to find that there is no such relation.

The argument on that link says that the full moon is more memorable, therefore any violent crimes sticks out more in a police officer's head.

This is a bunk argument. Police records clearly show that there is a marked increase in unruly behavior during a full moon.

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/june2007/full_moon.htmlml

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »

The argument on that link says that the full moon is more memorable, therefore any violent crimes sticks out more in a police officer's head.

This is a bunk argument. Police records clearly show that there is a marked increase in unruly behavior during a full moon.

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/june2007/full_moon.htmlml

Could you please read the link below (already mentioned) and not try to deny arguments with a non-working link?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=lunacy-and-the-full-moon
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 07:34:42 AM »
why it is aquite possible "some" people may be affected, the vast majority of humans (and animals) are immune.

but it looks like MAster Davis, has found a cure

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 07:55:56 AM »
Could you please read the link below (already mentioned) and not try to deny arguments with a non-working link?

You know, even a cursory glance at the link reveals the typo. Here it is corrected:

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/june2007/full_moon.html

Why do RE'ers have to be baby-fed everything?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »

Starbuck must be immune

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 08:01:12 AM »

The conclusion of that article consists of quotes from astrologer, Jonathan Cainer.  He helpfully provides us with evidence that the "fire brigade and ambulance service will both say...", etc etc.

I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »

You know, even a cursory glance at the link reveals the typo. Here it is corrected:

Why do RE'ers have to be baby-fed everything?

This link raises a couple of issues:

1) The studies aren't named specifically and are summarized by Martin Frost vaguely, giving the impression that he might have misread those documents.
2) An astrologer cannot be an authority in science.
3) Andy Parr is positive that there are more cases on full moon, but he doesn't back his claims with figures.
4) This article is a copy/pase of a Daily Mail paper: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-460050/Theres-violence-moons-say-police.html

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:45 AM »
The moon is often used to great effect in music, literature, and other art to symbolize central themes.  For example, in the Pink Floyd songs "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse," the moon represents insanity and the dark side of human nature, respectively.  It's interesting to note that the symbolism is normally of something negative.

Seriously, Saddam?  Since when does Pink Floyd represent "normal" symbolism in music?  Compare some more popular moon themed songs:
http://www.engine145.com/songs-about-the-moon/

I was just trying to belong. :'(

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:46 AM »
Do you have anything to back this?

?

Thork

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
You're another one that can't use a search engine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/6723911.stm

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »
You're another one that can't use a search engine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/6723911.stm

Could be true.

But the article is far too vague and doesn't give data.

And the conclusion: "Meanwhile in 1994, Jack Nicholson starred in a film called Wolf, in which a publisher becomes infected by a creature and turns into a wolf at full moon."

We're waiting for something peer-reviewed.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:38 AM »
What happened to:

Please note that this thread is for constructive submissions regarding the proposed topic only! It is not for debating or contesting whether or not Moonlight is harmful, or anything else of that nature. Please consider this a warning; I will be moderating this thread quite strictly, and I ask other mods to do the same.

???

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
This link raises a couple of issues:

1) The studies aren't named specifically and are summarized by Martin Frost vaguely, giving the impression that he might have misread those documents.

Granted, they have not been named specifically, and should be cited, but there is no reason to assume he has misread them.

We don't care! This is the Flat Earth Society, and there are no shrines to your godhead here. We disagree with the scientific method. We call into question its methodological underpinnings, and we do not demand that someone be a member of its cult in order to express an opinion.

3) Andy Parr is positive that there are more cases on full moon, but he doesn't back his claims with figures.

He is a police officer of high operational rank, and thus has a huge amount of case experience, as well as an understanding of precinct-wide trends. I think his opinion carries a great deal of weight.

) This article is a copy/pase of a Daily Mail paper: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-460050/Theres-violence-moons-say-police.html

So?

Starbuck must be immune

There are lots of songs which express a dangerous infatuation with Moonlight and its intoxicating power. I think Van Morrison's 'Moondance' really captures the sense of near-inebriation many experience under its influence:

Did you read the link he provided?

What happened to:

Please note that this thread is for constructive submissions regarding the proposed topic only! It is not for debating or contesting whether or not Moonlight is harmful, or anything else of that nature. Please consider this a warning; I will be moderating this thread quite strictly, and I ask other mods to do the same.

???

Indeed. For some reason I thought we were in the topic that was split off earlier.

EmperorZhark, I have already warned you with regard to the purpose of this topic, and a separate topic was even split off so you could make your critiques without cluttering this thread. From now on, submissions as per the OP only, no debate. Last warning, and that goes for everyone.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
I'm still interested in suggested topics or sources with which to augment the thread. The more we have, the more informative it will be.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
i read in a science paper that sleeping in strong light can make you fat. the experiment was performed on mice. as i work night shifts i was interested in possible side effects and so far this is the only real hazard

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »

We don't care! This is the Flat Earth Society, and there are no shrines to your godhead here. We disagree with the scientific method. We call into question its methodological underpinnings, and we do not demand that someone be a member of its cult in order to express an opinion.

So the FES thinks there may be something in astrology.  Most interesting.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:44 PM »

So the FES thinks there may be something in astrology.  Most interesting.

There may be something in anything, until we can confirm or deny it with zetetic science.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »

There are lots of songs which express a dangerous infatuation with Moonlight and its intoxicating power. I think Van Morrison's 'Moondance' really captures the sense of near-inebriation many experience under its influence:

The very song I thought of...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
There will be an annular solar eclipse May 20th, visible from Japan to the western USA.

Is moonlight during an eclipse even more harmful?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »
yes, start the baking soda regiments early!

?

Thork

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
yes, start the baking soda regiments early!
Now who is the faqqer?

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »
for those who are not immune to moonlight, alkalines, like baking soda seem to offer some relief.
I myself is immune...but i hope someday there is a cure for all.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
I have heard that rhubarb also has healing properties.  Consume it raw or in a pie.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
I have heard that rhubarb also has healing properties.  Consume it raw or in a pie.

Actually, raw rhubarb can cause digestive discomfort.  Cooking rhubarb before consuming is recommended, especially for those with sensitive stomachs.  The leaves of the rhubarb should not be eaten at all.
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/poison
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:46:19 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
Oh.  You know something, I might have been thinking of asparagus.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
for those who are not immune to moonlight, alkalines, like baking soda seem to offer some relief.
I myself is immune...but i hope someday there is a cure for all.

How do you know that you're immune to moonlight?

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
i spent many nights in my youth sleeping under the stars, especially when the moon was full. I still will spend hours staring at the moon.
As a Zetetic, because I have showed no symptoms, I conclude I must be immune.
luckily, because I hate the taste of baking soda.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2012, 06:46:45 AM »
He might actually have a point about certain people being immune.  That would explain all the people who claim that they're fine when they're exposed to moonlight.