• 45 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Please Explain.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
No, it didn't happen.

So everyone involved lied?  This conspiracy is just getting bigger and bigger!

Just because they lied doesn't mean they are in on the conspiracy. They just thought it would be neat to tell everyone they flew around the world in a big line.

Ironic, isn't it, that everyone that doesn't agree with your theory is lying, and everyone that does isn't? Yet almost all of the most highly educated people in the world are on the side you chuck into the 'lying' category?

I think you misunderstand.  Most of the people who don't agree with our theory are simply mistaken.  Some of them are lying; we see evidence of it all the time on these very forums.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »
No, it didn't happen.

Just because they lied doesn't mean they are in on the conspiracy. They just thought it would be neat to tell everyone they flew around the world in a big line.

Ironic, isn't it, that everyone that doesn't agree with your theory is lying, and everyone that does isn't? Yet almost all of the most highly educated people in the world are on the side you chuck into the 'lying' category?

I think you misunderstand.  Most of the people who don't agree with our theory are simply mistaken.  Some of them are lying; we see evidence of it all the time on these very forums.

Very clever. If I may, what prevents your theory from being as mistaken and ludicrous as you think the more widely accepted theory?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
No, it didn't happen.

Very clever. If I may, what prevents your theory from being as mistaken and ludicrous as you think the more widely accepted theory?

First-hand evidence.  If I may say, I never implied that RET was "ludicrous"; please don't put words in my mouth.

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
No, it didn't happen.

First-hand evidence.  If I may say, I never implied that RET was "ludicrous"; please don't put words in my mouth.

I apologize for 'putting words in your mouth.' The impression I'd gotten is that most supporters of the FET consider the idea of a spherical Earth ludicrous.
To what first-hand evidence do you refer?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »
I apologize for 'putting words in your mouth.' The impression I'd gotten is that most supporters of the FET consider the idea of a spherical Earth ludicrous.

The direct, immediate sensorial evidence that the Earth is flat.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

Yet if Earth is spherical, and causes an immense spacial displacement (gravity), one would feel, at any point on Earth, that one is being forced "down," or, in the case of a spherical planet, inwards. Earth's immense size would account for the feeling of being forced downward. You could only be susceptible to gravitational curvature on a body significantly smaller, but with a similar mass.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »

Yet if Earth is spherical, and causes an immense spacial displacement (gravity), one would feel, at any point on Earth, that one is being forced "down," or, in the case of a spherical planet, inwards. Earth's immense size would account for the feeling of being forced downward. You could only be susceptible to gravitational curvature on a body significantly smaller, but with a similar mass.

The fact that I feel a force pushing up on me is irrelevant to my reason for believing the Earth is flat.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »

The fact that I feel a force pushing up on me is irrelevant to my reason for believing the Earth is flat.

To what immediate sensory evidence do you refer then?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
The visual evidence that the Earth is a flat surface.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

Ah, tired of 'comment Inception' I see.

You mean that you can look to the horizon, and it does not appear curved?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »

No.

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »

No.

Then to what visual evidence do you refer?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »

No.

Well, obviously the horizon doesn't appear curved (sorry for making that response ambiguous) but more importantly, the surface appears flat.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »

No.

Well, obviously the horizon doesn't appear curved (sorry for making that response ambiguous) but more importantly, the surface appears flat.

Earth's surface area is approximately 510625047.7 square kilometers. This, considering that the average human is about .0015 kilometers tall, makes apparent curvature quite insignificant. However, if Earth is flat, landscaping lasers shouldn't have to compensate for curvature. In short, your visual perspective is so small compared to Earth's size that you cannot detect its curvature.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

No.

Earth's surface area is approximately 510625047.7 square kilometers. This, considering that the average human is about .0015 kilometers tall, makes apparent curvature quite insignificant. However, if Earth is flat, landscaping lasers shouldn't have to compensate for curvature. In short, your visual perspective is so small compared to Earth's size that you cannot detect its curvature.

That's one hypothetical explanation, I suppose.  I'm sure one with an active imagination could come up with many more.

Up until this post I'd frankly never even heard of a landscape laser so I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate (preferably with sources) on your claim.

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

No.

That's one hypothetical explanation, I suppose.  I'm sure one with an active imagination could come up with many more.

Up until this post I'd frankly never even heard of a landscape laser so I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate (preferably with sources) on your claim.

In mapping a landscape, to ensure accuracy in the map, a laser or series of lasers is often used. You may have seen workers setting up a few tripods with odd-looking equipment on them. Such lasers can be used to determine the exact distance between the two tripods, and must account for curvature of the planet.