Relationship advice?

• 211 Replies

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
Relationship advice?
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
Alright, so there's a girl I want to ask out, and tomorrow is her birthday. I can't quite decide whether asking her then would be considered romantic, weird, or downright creepy and whether or not I should wait a few days. Thoughts?

Rushy

Re: Relationship advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:32:53 PM »
My thought is that if you have to ask here, you're screwed. Also, did she just turn 18 or something? If so it would be very creepy to ask her during some kind of birthday party.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
A lot depends on this girl's personality and your current relationship with her.  I don't think we can really give you much general advice about this.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
Well, if the idea isn't inherently creepy I'm probably fine. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't in itself a horrible idea, since I wasn't really sure and was overanalyzing myself.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
Mount her like a lion?

EnigmaZV

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
Mount her like a lion?

This.

Also, there are far too many other factors for any of our opinions to likely matter.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
Don't ask her out on her birthday. Just don't. Girls are really sentimental about anniversaries and I'm sure she'd appreciate having a separate day for your anniversary assuming she says yes. 

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »
What Andrew said, while not necessarily for the same reason. Mostly 'cause if you ask and she turns you down (which I'm not saying will happen, but if), it might put a bit of a damper on her birthday. Plus some girls may find it weird, girls aren't exactly all the same. The anniversary thing too, though. Those are important.
Recently listened to:

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »
What Andrew said, while not necessarily for the same reason. Mostly 'cause if you ask and she turns you down (which I'm not saying will happen, but if), it might put a bit of a damper on her birthday. Plus some girls may find it weird, girls aren't exactly all the same. The anniversary thing too, though. Those are important.

I thought of that too, but I didn't want to imply that he might get rejected.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 02:56:23 AM »
Supertails is a realist.

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »
Wait a few days. Definitely.

Hope she says yes. I"m sure she will.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
Yeah wait a couple of days. But definitely talk to her on her birthday and/or get her a small gift. Depending on how well you know her.

Of course you could use the birthday as an advantage. Something like:

"well I wasn't sure what to get you. A beauty such as you can not simply be honored with a physical object. So I was thinking the best gift I could give you are wonderful memories. Perhaps a night of ..." add in some of her favorite activities. Dinner, dancing, a movie, etc...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:36:09 AM by Lorddave »
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 03:40:06 AM »
I'd liked to be asked out on my birthday. I'd be thinking "Yeah, ok so I'm old ... but I'm still sexy".

You probably aren't asking out a desperate old b*st*rd though, so maybe this isn't very relevant. I've never been asked out on a birthday. But I'd definitely like it. Even if it was by someone hideous. Cos hideous people still have eyes. Well most of them. And despite lower standards there were plenty of other people who are out of their league they could have asked out. But they waited to ask me out. On my birthday. So in a way doing it on the birthday makes it seem like you have been thinking about it for a while and its not just "Yeah, I thought about sex with you today, how about that?". Of course I wouldn't mind either approach, but assuming the person you like is more fussy than me it might not be a bad thing. If you decide to ask out a middle-aged man come back to me. My advice will be far more relevant. I'll make sure you get sex then.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:34 AM »
Depends when it feels right. To be honest I wouldn't 'ask her out' with all the trimmings that entails, I'd just wait until you're both feeling comfortable and just say something like 'want to get a drink sometime?'

Unless you're too young to get a drink, in which case, this drunkard has no useful advice. From experience though, don't ask someone out entirely out of the blue and don't ask her out online.

EDIT: I like that advice, Thork :)

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »
I'd liked to be asked out on my birthday. I'd be thinking "Yeah, ok so I'm old ... but I'm still sexy".

You probably aren't asking out a desperate old b*st*rd though, so maybe this isn't very relevant. I've never been asked out on a birthday. But I'd definitely like it. Even if it was by someone hideous. Cos hideous people still have eyes. Well most of them. And despite lower standards there were plenty of other people who are out of their league they could have asked out. But they waited to ask me out. On my birthday. So in a way doing it on the birthday makes it seem like you have been thinking about it for a while and its not just "Yeah, I thought about sex with you today, how about that?". Of course I wouldn't mind either approach, but assuming the person you like is more fussy than me it might not be a bad thing. If you decide to ask out a middle-aged man come back to me. My advice will be far more relevant. I'll make sure you get sex then.

I can see the senility already.

Lorddave

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:41 AM »
From experience though, don't ask someone out entirely out of the blue and don't ask her out online.
Worked for me. I'm two weeks away from marrying her too.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »
From experience though, don't ask someone out entirely out of the blue and don't ask her out online.

I suggest that you're the exception rather than the rule?

Lorddave

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 04:55:32 AM »

Exception for normal people? Sure. But no one here is normal.

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 04:56:27 AM »

What is "normal"?

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:15 AM »

What is "normal"?

"Normal is what everyone else is and you are not. "
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:00:14 AM by Lorddave »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 07:06:33 AM »
Tausumi you would be better off asking the Lord God for advice, He will help you.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 07:08:42 AM »
The Lorddave has already answered him.

rooster

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:59 AM »
Lorddave is cheesy. Teenage girls don't like cheesy.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »
What do they like?

rooster

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
What do they like?
I don't know.

But I will say that as a teenager I was never technically asked out. We would just start hanging out with other people, then alone, then eventually we were just an item.

Rushy

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:24 AM »
What do they like?
I don't know.

This is the basic thought process of women. They don't know what they like, but they certainly know what they don't like. It leads to a lot of unfortunate circumstances and the general rule of thumb that they will appreciate shiny objects.

rooster

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
What do they like?
I don't know.

This is the basic thought process of women. They don't know what they like, but they certainly know what they don't like. It leads to a lot of unfortunate circumstances and the general rule of thumb that they will appreciate shiny objects.
I'm not a teenager anymore, how am I supposed to know what they like?
Give her a bottle of vodka and act aloof?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:38:16 AM »
But I will say that as a teenager I was never technically asked out. We would just start hanging out with other people, then alone, then eventually we were just an item.

Who's we?  Around and About, the thirty year old guy? :o

rooster

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »

Who's we?  Around and About, the thirty year old guy? :o
No, I didn't date him as a teenager. But I had 3 boyfriends before him.

Lorddave

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
Lorddave is cheesy. Teenage girls don't like cheesy.

Is Tausami a teenager?