Astronauts wore sneakers on the Moon

• 63 Replies
?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
Re: Astronauts wore sneakers on the Moon
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
I don't see why that's the only possibility.  Why not some sort of perspectival phenomenon that makes that earth appear to be round?  Why, it could even be the same phenomenon that causes the sun to appear to go beneath the horizon!

That's killing two birds with one stone right there.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
I don't see why that's the only possibility.  Why not some sort of perspectival phenomenon that makes that earth appear to be round?  Why, it could even be the same phenomenon that causes the sun to appear to go beneath the horizon!

That's killing two birds with one stone right there.

So how do they send probes to other worlds? Beyond the solar system? Robots to Mars? I have yet to see a convincing explanation for this.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
So how do they send probes to other worlds? Beyond the solar system? Robots to Mars? I have yet to see a convincing explanation for this.

With rockets, obviously.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 08:02:08 PM »
I know it was addressed in the second post.  If you step in dirt, turn you shoe, and then lift it, the pattern will match the sole.  If you step in dirt, lift your heel first, begin turning as if stepping away, and continue lifting your foot, or lifting it some other uneven way while turning, it will deform the tread pattern.

In the first image look at the spacing between the ribs of the sneaker print and the ribs of the boot print. The ribs of the sneaker print are spaced closer together. What you described would not cause the ribs to be closer together.
Indeed.  However, viewing the ribs from a shallower angle versus a steeper angle would cause the ribs to appear closer together.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »

With rockets, obviously.

I have yet to see a convincing explanation for this.

::)
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
Moving something up into the sky with a rocket isn't convincing?  I'm not sure how else you'd want it done.  Building a very tall ladder, perhaps?

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
But everyone is a crazy conspiracy theorist... otherwise, criminals would get away with everything.

You ever heard of the phrase: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

::)
Now when is the last time something like that has happened?
Besides; they have been improved.
Just the general shape hasn't.

Oh, and most things don't really change anyways. Even after events. They don't really see the need, and in most cases they are quite right.
There's always room for improvement, but then that is also a hassle sometimes. Example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle
We've been using the same gun for quite some time. And that is, of course, not the only thing.
We base most our designs of preexisting items. Jet fighters, helicopters, ect. The Blackhawk is another example.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_helicopter
The F-18 was used for many years, and even now designs look nearly the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-18
The Chinook.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_CH-47_Chinook
The Apache.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache
The C-130
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-130_Hercules

I can go on for quite a while.

Point is: They don't need to make it drastically different.
God bless the Enclave.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »

Uh, you mean since they "retired" it? ???

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Uh, you mean since they "retired" it? ???
What I mean is: The Challenger disaster was in 1986. Now, the Columbia was more recent, yes. But then accidents do happen, and it was in 2003. A good eight years before the shuttle was retired.
The space shuttle was retired March 9, 2011.

Quite the number of years it was still used, yes?
God bless the Enclave.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
What I mean is: The Challenger disaster was in 1986. Now, the Columbia was more recent, yes. But then accidents do happen, and it was in 2003. A good eight years before the shuttle was retired.

Between 2003 and 2011 there was one mission. There were no missions between 2005 and 2011. So no. ::)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »

Between 2003 and 2011 there was one mission. There were no missions between 2005 and 2011. So no. ::)

Are you talking about a particular shuttle, because NASA says that there were several shuttle mission every year between 2005 and 2011. 

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/index.html

I think you meant to say there was only one shuttle mission between 2003 and 2005.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:05:45 PM by jroa »

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »

And you think there was no improvement or correction based on this event?
You think that NASA didn't try and learn from this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Columbia_disaster#Investigation
Perhaps you should read.
Sounds to me like this event was taken pretty seriously.

God bless the Enclave.

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »

Did some painting of my own, outlining the best edges of the tread pattern.  My bottom right line shows a bit that is broken off and turned slightly, and the rest of the print is pretty much broken chunks.  The parts I outlined seem to match the other print pretty well.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
So Wilmore, were they murdered by the conspiracy without knowing anything, or are you just accusing these dead people of being a part of the conspiracy too?

If it's the second thing, perhaps you should investigate the families of these dead astronauts and try to find where they've hidden the conspiracy money.  They no doubt received lots of hush money.

That'd be a great way to get some actual evidence.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
I think you meant to say there was only one shuttle mission between 2003 and 2005.

You are correct - I was reading about the final missions and the grounding, and muddled the dates in the post. My point was basically that the period Graff mentioned included a major grounding.

And you think there was no improvement or correction based on this event?
You think that NASA didn't try and learn from this?

I don't know. Did they learn about how best to murder people, or how best to avoiding killing people in their publicity stunts?

So Wilmore, were they murdered by the conspiracy without knowing anything, or are you just accusing these dead people of being a part of the conspiracy too?

If it's the second thing, perhaps you should investigate the families of these dead astronauts and try to find where they've hidden the conspiracy money.  They no doubt received lots of hush money.

That'd be a great way to get some actual evidence.

I don't know, they may have been murdered, or they may simply have died in a stunt gone wrong. Either way, there's no reason that the families of the dead would have received "hush money". Real liars will lie to anyone and everyone, and dead men (or "astronauts") tell no tales.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »
I don't know, they may have been murdered, or they may simply have died in a stunt gone wrong. Either way, there's no reason that the families of the dead would have received "hush money". Real liars will lie to anyone and everyone, and dead men (or "astronauts") tell no tales.

If they were ever employed by the conspiracy, they'd need to have some of that sweet conspiracy money.  Where would that money go after their death?  How would the existence of that money be explained to the families?

I love that you have no problems accusing the people at NASA of murder, or calling dead astronauts "real liars."  Yet you don't seem very angry about this whole killer konspiracy in our midst.  There's no conviction there.  No certainty.  It's not what I'd expect from someone who's found the real truth.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:50:52 PM by Cat Earth Theory »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »

If they were ever employed by the conspiracy, they'd need to have some of that sweet conspiracy money.  Where would that money go after their death?  How would the existence of that money be explained to the families?

Come on, this is hardly a logistical nightmare. Surely you're aware that people can have more than one bank account, right?

I love that you have no problems accusing the people at NASA of murder, or calling dead astronauts "real liars."  Yet you don't seem very angry about this whole killer konspiracy in our midst.  There's no conviction there.  No certainty.  It's not what I'd expect from someone who's found the real truth.

I've discussed this subject on many occasions over the years, and simply put the possibility that they were murdered is not something which shocks me any more. Besides, it remains that - a possibility. We just don't know what happened. It may simply have been an accident, as I indicated above.

I don't see why level-headed posting indicates a lack of conviction. I've even been threatened by agents working on behalf of The Conspiracy, and as frightened and unnerved as I once was, it's just a thing that happens, and you get over it.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
I've even been threatened by agents working on behalf of The Conspiracy, and as frightened and unnerved as I once was, it's just a thing that happens, and you get over it.

Anything to back your claims?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
I've even been threatened by agents working on behalf of The Conspiracy, and as frightened and unnerved as I once was, it's just a thing that happens, and you get over it.

I have posted about it before on this forum. Do a search.

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

I have posted about it before on this forum. Do a search.

I don't know where to start!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »

You start by using the search function. Seriously, I used the search term "threatened", specified the user 'Lord Wilmore' and the boards FEG, FE Q&A and FED. I got seven results, three of which were relevant. Anyway, here is my account:

A large man with fair hair wearing sunglasses and a dark coat approached me while I was in Gothenburg, grabbed me by the shoulder, and said in what seemed to be an eastern European accent, "We know who you're associating with; drop it". He then threw his cigarette at my feet and walked quickly away, around the corner. I should add this was in the city centre, at the bottom of Kungsportsavenyn where it meets ?stra Hamngatan, if anyone knows Gothenburg. I've lived in Sweden for several months on two separate occasions, and have a pretty good knowledge of their accent when speaking English- he definitely wasn't a local.

I was pretty shaken at first, because frankly, it was weird. In a bit of a haze I picked up the remains of his cigarette, which was only about half smoked. It had some writing on it in eastern characters- probably the brand or something, I don't know. Fitted with the accent though. I'm not involved in any weird activities- I am an upstanding citizen. I don't associate with anything even remotely subversive aside from fes.org & .net; I don't visit any other conspiracy sites or anything like that. This is the only thing he could have been referring to.

By the way, I'm not so self important to think that an agent of the conspiracy went out of his way to freak me out. Most likely this guy didn't even know what I was involved with. He was probably just some goon who got my picture and a message to deliver. Personally I think it's because I associate with the .net team; Dogplatter and Username were the people referenced in the BBC link. DP is also talking about organising real world protests, so their ideas about promoting FET are a little more 'in your face', and possibly considered more dangerous.

I don't know. I never really believed that the conspiracy would attempt to do anything to involve itself in this place, because it didn't make sense, but now I don't know that I can come to any other conclusion.

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
That's it? (I am sorry for your encounter)

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »
I love the way Wilmore zetetically proves this man was a conspiracy member. I'm convinced!  :P
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
There are tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.  I'm sorry, Wilmore.  I'm sure it was a frightening experience.

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »

You start by using the search function. Seriously, I used the search term "threatened", specified the user 'Lord Wilmore' and the boards FEG, FE Q&A and FED. I got seven results, three of which were relevant. Anyway, here is my account:

A large man with fair hair wearing sunglasses and a dark coat approached me while I was in Gothenburg, grabbed me by the shoulder, and said in what seemed to be an eastern European accent, "We know who you're associating with; drop it". He then threw his cigarette at my feet and walked quickly away, around the corner. I should add this was in the city centre, at the bottom of Kungsportsavenyn where it meets ?stra Hamngatan, if anyone knows Gothenburg. I've lived in Sweden for several months on two separate occasions, and have a pretty good knowledge of their accent when speaking English- he definitely wasn't a local.

I was pretty shaken at first, because frankly, it was weird. In a bit of a haze I picked up the remains of his cigarette, which was only about half smoked. It had some writing on it in eastern characters- probably the brand or something, I don't know. Fitted with the accent though. I'm not involved in any weird activities- I am an upstanding citizen. I don't associate with anything even remotely subversive aside from fes.org & .net; I don't visit any other conspiracy sites or anything like that. This is the only thing he could have been referring to.

By the way, I'm not so self important to think that an agent of the conspiracy went out of his way to freak me out. Most likely this guy didn't even know what I was involved with. He was probably just some goon who got my picture and a message to deliver. Personally I think it's because I associate with the .net team; Dogplatter and Username were the people referenced in the BBC link. DP is also talking about organising real world protests, so their ideas about promoting FET are a little more 'in your face', and possibly considered more dangerous.

I don't know. I never really believed that the conspiracy would attempt to do anything to involve itself in this place, because it didn't make sense, but now I don't know that I can come to any other conclusion.

This happened to me once, I discovered it was the boyfriend of a girl I was friends with.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
I love the way Wilmore zetetically proves this man was a conspiracy member. I'm convinced!  :P

To be fair, I don't say that he was a member of The Conspiracy, and I don't even say I'm certain he was working on their behalf. I just don't see who or what else he could have been referring to.

There are tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.  I'm sorry, Wilmore.  I'm sure it was a frightening experience.

At the time it was, mostly because I was really paranoid about what this guy knew about me. Presumably he knew my movements, and as I was studying abroad at the time and he spoke to me in English, he (or whoever he was working for) probably knew where I was from as well. For a few weeks I was really worried about it.

It certainly wasn't funny at the time, but to be honest, it doesn't really bother me any more, partly because there was never any follow-up, and partly because I'm a bit more aware of how easy it is to track someone's movements these days. I guess I'm just a bit less shocked that someone could find out where I was living/studying given the way I use technology.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
I just don't see who or what else he could have been referring to.

I see you make the zetetic assumption that there is no possibility of either (a) mistaken identity, (b) mistaken behavioural observation by this fellow (c) a wind-up, or (d) you were doing something to piss him off but haven't realised what it was.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »
I see you make the zetetic assumption that there is no possibility of either (a) mistaken identity, (b) mistaken behavioural observation by this fellow (c) a wind-up, or (d) you were doing something to piss him off but haven't realised what it was.

No, I didn't. Stop being so intellectually dishonest.

To be fair, I don't say that he was a member of The Conspiracy, and I don't even say I'm certain he was working on their behalf.

You cut out the part of my post which specifically contradicts the accusation you have just levelled. Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »
How can the moon landings have been faked? We have corroborrating evidence from tracking stations and observers independent of NASA that watched them travel to the moon and listened in to their comms. I know a lot of people think it's all a hoax but really there is so much evidence they went there. If they didn't go there where did the Saturn rockets go? You can't just throw something like that into the sky and leave it up there!