Stripes

• 23 Replies
?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
Stripes
« on: April 13, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
Ok guys, I got some GT 500 stripes put on my S281 SC, tell me what you think.

Personally i really like what they did, it was obviously a top notch job, but it did lose some of its sinister-ness as its no longer all black.

Disclaimer
1.) So i am also getting the Rims powder coated in black, with a saleen logo in red on the center cap.  The rims shown are absolutely ugly with the current setup with the car, so do your best to ignore them.  Ill post some update picks with rims at a later date.
2.) The shop where the work is being done is called performance associates, they are located in San Dimas Cali.  The car is currently at 600HP at the crank, at 3600 pounds with fuel and driver.  If you see a car badged "Performance Associates (XXX)", it means stay away.  (the number can be 500,600,700,800,900, representing the horsepower bracket).  This guy is so good at tuning mustangs that he was contacted to help with the tune on the 5.0 mustangs.  he took my saleen from 425 to 500HP with just a tune.
3.) the car has not been washed/waxed in weeks, so some of the things that look like road rash are a combo of the California sun and dirt, the car as it sits is at less than 30,000 miles.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
Re: Stripes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »
How much faster does your car go now?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »

you mean due to stripes, nothing.  But due to mods, a lot.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »

Man, I think you got ripped off.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
Racing stripes on a Saleen?  Talk about provocative.  You might as well have a bumper sticker reading "Proud member of the 1%."  For the love of God, be careful with that beauty!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:38:25 PM by Saddam Hussein »

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »

Man, I think you got ripped off.

Hhaha, well i know the guy who runs the shop really well, and he agreed to basically give me some extra Shelby stripes he had laying around for 125 bucks, just to cover the install.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
Racing stripes on a Saleen?  Talk about provocative.  You might as well have a bumper sticker reading "Proud member of the 1%."  For the love of God, be careful with that beauty!

ahah, yeah it is a bit over the top, but in reality the price was not too bad.  I got the car with 25,000 miles for about 30k.  with mods and everything i am out about 35k.  The values on these cars are not dipping too bad either because Steve Saleen left the company and started his own new one, but he did not take the rights to his own name.  So now Steve is making SMS supercars and Saleen motorsports does not have Steve, its really stupid.  But in the end it helps me out because i have one of the last and fastest true saleens ever made.

Not to mention that i have a 6 year 1006,000 mile warranty (bumper to bumper) that the warranty company will let me use Performance Associates for... so if anything breaks i am good for a while.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:55:44 PM by OrbisNonSufficit »

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »
Yeah bro it's this import from Asia.

Why are you calling me bro?  And I know what it is, it's just confusing as to why you would street race Hondas, they do not make much power, and its massively expensive to bring up such small displacement motors to anything remotely considerable for racing, not to mention that street racing is not too smart to begin with.

The autism is strong in this one.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »
Yeah bro it's this import from Asia.

Why are you calling me bro?  And I know what it is, it's just confusing as to why you would street race Hondas, they do not make much power, and its massively expensive to bring up such small displacement motors to anything remotely considerable for racing, not to mention that street racing is not too smart to begin with.

The autism is strong in this one.

How am i being autistic?  I take this baby to the track, its not an import, and it makes tons of power for cheap because its not too down on displacement, although the 4.6 is small for muscle cars.

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
Looks pretty awesome but not really my thing. Funny coincidence though, I am about to do some mods on my truck. Not anything performance wise, a lift kit and grille guard to start out with. Should have done it a long time ago, really.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »
I never called you autistic. ???

You probably are, though.

AUTO-TISTIC, THAT IS.

I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
I've been thinking of putting makeshift racing stripes on my minivan made out of bumperstickers.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
This thread needs more Bill Murray.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:47 AM »
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about the movie.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »

Sorry...

Rushy

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »

Sorry...

We had a car show at Davis-Monthan today. You could have come. I think its on for tomorrow too, I'm not sure.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
Ok guys, I got some GT 500 stripes put on my S281 SC, tell me what you think.

Personally i really like what they did, it was obviously a top notch job, but it did lose some of its sinister-ness as its no longer all black.

Disclaimer
1.) So i am also getting the Rims powder coated in black, with a saleen logo in red on the center cap.  The rims shown are absolutely ugly with the current setup with the car, so do your best to ignore them.  Ill post some update picks with rims at a later date.
2.) The shop where the work is being done is called performance associates, they are located in San Dimas Cali.  The car is currently at 600HP at the crank, at 3600 pounds with fuel and driver.  If you see a car badged "Performance Associates (XXX)", it means stay away.  (the number can be 500,600,700,800,900, representing the horsepower bracket).  This guy is so good at tuning mustangs that he was contacted to help with the tune on the 5.0 mustangs.  he took my saleen from 425 to 500HP with just a tune.
3.) the car has not been washed/waxed in weeks, so some of the things that look like road rash are a combo of the California sun and dirt, the car as it sits is at less than 30,000 miles.

How small is your penis?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 01:14:18 PM »
How small is your penis?

That is not a truck man.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »
How small is your penis?

That is not a truck man.

No, it's a midlife crisis given shape.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 01:24:17 PM »
How small is your penis?

That is not a truck man.

No, it's a midlife crisis given shape.

I am only 20.  I just love driving. Driving a car like this it can take all your focus, and it shrinks the world around you.  Nothing else matters, its like a trip to another planet for me.  I guess its my passion.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:26:08 PM by OrbisNonSufficit »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
GD is obviously jelly.  I think we all are, in fact.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Looks pretty awesome but not really my thing. Funny coincidence though, I am about to do some mods on my truck. Not anything performance wise, a lift kit and grille guard to start out with. Should have done it a long time ago, really.

Thanks, Sounds pretty good.  What kind of truck are we talking about?

Rushy

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

2005 Toyota Tacoma. I'll get some pics when I manage to put everything on. Also, this:

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

2005 Toyota Tacoma. I'll get some pics when I manage to put everything on. Also, this:

Sounds good.