The Possibility of Infinite Earth According to Genesis

• 74 Replies
Re: Evidence of infinite earth in the bible
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:56 AM »
I was always under the impression that FET was trying to prove itself in the scientific realm. If FET is a science it should be discussed as a science, not as a religion.

So the word of God is less credible then a word of a scientist?
JJA voted for Pedro

Rushy

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »

Based on history (if the bible is accepted as an historical account), I'd say many scientists knew what they was doing more often than God did.

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:32 AM »

Based on history (if the bible is accepted as an historical account), I'd say many scientists knew what they was doing more often than God did.

Examples please
JJA voted for Pedro

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
I was always under the impression that FET was trying to prove itself in the scientific realm. If FET is a science it should be discussed as a science, not as a religion.

It is when we can't be sure who's word it is.  The bible is a book that YOU trust.  Which is completely fine, in fact many consider it to be a good thing.  The issue is that the bible is not science, and science has very different standards for describing the world.  Science was designed to be re written for everytime we learn something new, or learn that something old was wrong, while the bible is sort of a take it or leave it kind of thing, unless you feel like writing a new book and calling it the word of God.

None of this is to say that the bible is wrong necessarily, it does contradict with science, but it could still be right.  The point is that we don't actually learn anything from the bible except what is in the bible (and our interpretations of it) so it is not very good at describing things like why there is background radiation, what a pulsar is, or what mechanism the sun is using to power itself.

Now these inherent limitations (it being a really old book that is interpreted as the word of God) do not make it a prime source of evidence, because many people simply do not believe in the bible.  With science you can review other people's claims, scientists will redo other scientist's experiments to confirm their results, and the community will either reject or accept those findings over a period of time.

So when someone rejects large portions of "science", they are discrediting the tested work of many others (which again is fine, as long as they have tests and experiments that contradict the rest of the community).  The conclusions and experiments of countless scientists get flushed down the toilet.  When someone doesn't believe the bible, they just don't believe in the bible.  And that is why it's not the best source for a scientific debate on any topic, because well, its not science.  That does not make it worse, it just should not be used as evidence because not everyone believes in god or the bible or that particular god or holy book. 

Now I am not looking to debate science versus bible, it just seemed that you needed clarification as to why the bible should not be considered evidence, because if the Koran said something different about the shape of the earth, it would be just as right as the bible is on the topic.  You could not go out and do experiments and then re-write either book without changing the word of god.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:31:46 AM by OrbisNonSufficit »

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »

Nothing wrong in believing in the world of god, but then we run into a problem.

First of all, religion is based on faith (belief without evidence), so if you mix FET and religion, this means to me you don't need any scientific evidence whatsoever to believe in FET, because your faith says earth is flat. All scientific discussion becomes pointless.

Second, that particular verse you is extremely subjective to interpretation. I do believe in the bible and I interpreted differently, but I completely disagree with the OP interpretation.
My interpretation is this. In RET, when the planets were being formed, the planets were just a formless mass of a variety of different substances, and slowly gravity pulls all that mass together and creates the round form the planet has today.

However, I still think that the bible just have no saying in the scientific realm. Unless whatever is said is proven scientifically.

This doesn't mean I don't believe in the word of god, it means I believe that if you want discuss something scientifically you should keep everything under scientific perspective.

Rushy

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »

Examples please

God flooded the whole planet because He wanted to. Scientists decided not to do that, since it would be unethical to do so.

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
The KJV bible(the true bible) says that God created the heaven and the earth. Heaven is singular possibly an indication that it does not go on forever.
I know Clocktower already answered you, but KJV is a translation.
The "True" bible was probably writ in Hebrew, and possibly portions in Roman. Or even other languages used long ago.
Again, and I keep saying this, the bible is open to interpretation.
Why is that so hard for many to grasp?
It says something different for each person.

God flooded the whole planet because He wanted to. Scientists decided not to do that, since it would be unethical to do so.
You'd be surprised what scientists do...
Proverbs 8:27 "When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,"

I too, believe that all matter is infinitely connected to our Creator, and that our known universe is inside the Vault/Dome of Heaven.

Isaiah 45:12, “I, with my own hands, stretched out the heavens [shamayim] and caused all their host to shine...”

Isaiah 48:13, “...with my right hand I formed the expanse of the sky [shamayim]...”

It's gotten to a point where there is no possible way that the Bible could be so accurate yet contain a bunch of metaphors and stories not to be taken literally. How did Moses describe Creation so well thousands of years ago?

How can the Bible's explanations for the shape of the earth be spot on?

Again, here is another example of it being open to interpretation.
To me, it looks like someone is taking things too literally.
I've yet to see the bible say, in simple terms, that the Earth is flat.
Those words are not in there: The Earth is flat.
Point me to a single verse that says those four words.
God bless the Enclave.

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »

Examples please

You gotta be kidding me? Scientists cannot flood the whole planet because they can't, there simply is no technology to do so. God didn't flood the planet because he wanted to but because people deserved it. Please read the account of Noah's flood to understand why it took place.

Are you really going to make an argument that God is evil and science is benevolent? How many examples do you want where science was infect very unethical. Does Nazi Germany ring the bell? Or may be the atomic bomb? So big deal science gave you internet and HDTV. God gave you the breath of life, is that also unethical in your view?

Now to address some other issues; The RET theory much like the bible is also taken on faith. Particularly faith in ancient Greek cosmology and now faith in NASA. No average citizen has ever and I do mean ever witnessed the curvature of the earth. I personally was on hundreds of airplane flights, I saw the world from the highest points created by man such as Sears Tower in Chicago and Stratosphere Tower in Vegas and I saw no curvature.  So therefore we must accept the RET by faith in science, correct?

JJA voted for Pedro

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
If RET is based on faith, FET is just as much if not more.

That argument is silly and you know it.
God bless the Enclave.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »

Examples please

You gotta be kidding me? Scientists cannot flood the whole planet because they can't, there simply is no technology to do so. God didn't flood the planet because he wanted to but because people deserved it. Please read the account of Noah's flood to understand why it took place.

Are you really going to make an argument that God is evil and science is benevolent? How many examples do you want where science was infect very unethical. Does Nazi Germany ring the bell? Or may be the atomic bomb? So big deal science gave you internet and HDTV. God gave you the breath of life, is that also unethical in your view?

Now to address some other issues; The RET theory much like the bible is also taken on faith. Particularly faith in ancient Greek cosmology and now faith in NASA. No average citizen has ever and I do mean ever witnessed the curvature of the earth. I personally was on hundreds of airplane flights, I saw the world from the highest points created by man such as Sears Tower in Chicago and Stratosphere Tower in Vegas and I saw no curvature.  So therefore we must accept the RET by faith in science, correct?

Actually you can go look at the ISS.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
I see the curvature every day when the sun goes beneath the horizon.  No faith needed.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »

Examples please

Or ...

I.   Horizon
A.   Flat Horizon—An observer on the surface of a still ocean viewing sees the horizon as flat.
B.   Rounded Horizon—An observer on the surface of a still ocean viewing at a great height sees the horizon as rounded. It appears to be highest directly ahead of the viewing angle and drops equally away to both sides at a constant predicted rate, regardless of the viewing angle.
C.   The Higher, the Farther—An observer on a middle floor of a tall building watching a departing ship disappear over a clear horizon can climb to the top floor and again view the ship.
D.   Tops First—An observer on a ship approaching a port with skyscrapers will first see the tops of the tallest buildings then the rest of the city’s skyline as the ship comes further into port.
E.   Horizon below Eye Level—An observer will see the horizon is below eye level when viewing from a height above the Earth of 10,000 feet or more.
II.   Earth Based Astronomy
A.   Apparent size of the Sun—Regardless of the season, the time of day, or viewing location, an observer views the Sun in the sky as same shape and size.
B.   Sunrise and sunset—An observer sees the sun set and rise as a disk sliding over the horizon at a predicted time and angle.
C.   Phases of the Moon—An observer sees the Moon go through predicted phases (with the illuminated face facing the Sun when both are visible in the sky).
D.   Moonrise and Moonset—An observer sees the Moon rise and set at the predicted time and angle.
E.   Shadows on the Moon—At the first quarter and third quarter of the lunar phases, an observer sees shadows of features of the moon pointing in opposite direction, but always away from the Sun.
F.   Total Solar Eclipse—An observer sees a total solar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
G.   Annular Solar Eclipse—An observer sees an annular solar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
H.   Lunar Eclipse—An observer sees a total lunar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
I.   Retrograde Motion of Mars—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Mars apparently reverses its motion in the sky.
J.   Retrograde Motion of Jupiter—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Jupiter apparently reverses its motion in the sky.
K.   Retrograde Motion of Saturn—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Saturn apparently reverses it motion in the sky.
L.   Retrograde Motion of Uranus—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Uranus apparently reverse its motion in the sky.
M.   Transit of Mercury—An observer sees Mercury transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
N.   Phases of Mercury—An observer sees Mercury as predicted as a partially illuminated disk with the illuminated portion facing the Sun.
O.   Transit of Venus—An observer sees Venus transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
P.   Phases of Venus—An observer sees Venus as predicted as a partially illuminated disk with the illuminated portion facing the Sun.
III.   Radio
A.   Ham Radio Distance—A listener can hear ham radio stations from around the world.
B.   Commercial Radio Distance—A listener cannot hear commercial radio stations beyond a predicted distance during daylight.
C.   Nighttime Distance—A listener can hear commercial radio stations during nighttime that he or she could not hear during daylight.
IV.   Foucault Pendulum—An observer will see that a Foucault Pendulum’s motion rotates predictably over the course of a day based on latitude.
V.   Parallax
A.   Moon Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the Moon.
B.   Sun Distance— Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the Sun.
C.   ISS Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the ISS.
D.   Iridium Flash Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the flash off one of the antenna dishes of an Iridium satellite.
VI.   Rotation of the sky
A.   Northern Sky Rotation—An observer will not that stars appear to rotate about a fixed point in the northern sky.
B.   Southern Sky Rotation—An observer will note that stars appear to rotate about a fixed point in the southern sky.
VII.   Angle of Polaris
A.   North Pole—An observer at the North Pole will see Polaris directly overhead.
B.   45 Degrees—An observer at 45° North will see Polaris at 45° above the horizon.
C.   Equator—An observer at the Equator will see Polaris at the horizon.
D.   South—An observer south of the Equator will not see Polaris.
VIII.   Angle of Sigma Octantis
A.   South Pole—An observer at the South Pole will see Sigma Octantis directly overhead.
B.   45 Degrees—An observer at 45° South will see Sigma Octantis at 45° above the horizon.
C.   Equator—An observer at the Equator will see Sigma Octantis at the horizon.
D.   North—An observer north of the Equator will not see Sigma Octantis.
IX.   Intensity of the Sun—An observer will measure the predicted solar intensity on a cloudless day, regardless of the time of day or season.
X.   Cavendish Experiments—An observer will measure the same value of G for any sizes or shapes or materials used in a Cavendish device.
XI.   Lake—An observer will measure the predicted angle of deviation from level of a line of sight over a given, large distance over a still body of water
XII.   Zodiac—An observer will determine that the Sun appears to moves in relation to the Zodiac in the predicted manner.
XIII.   Photographs—The observer will see the Earth as a sphere in photographs taken for sufficiently high altitudes.
XIV.   Man to moon
A.   Earthrise—The observer on the Moon will see the earthrise at the predicted time and angle.
B.   Distance—Using the equipment left on the moon by the Apollo project, an observer will accurately measure the predicted distance to the Moon.
XV.   Transits of the ISS
A.   Sun—An observer will see the ISS transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
B.   Moon— An observer will see the ISS transit the Moon at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
XVI.   Launch—An observer will see in the sky a satellite following a successful space launch following the predicted course.
XVII.   Meteors—An observer will see the meteors from a predicted shower or storm radiate from a predicted point in the sky.
XVIII.   Lunar Eclipse Shadow—An observer will always see a round edge to the shadow on the Moon during a Lunar Eclipse.
XIX.   Commercial flights
A.   Great circle—An observer will notice that long commercial flights travel mostly along great circle routes.
B.   Times—An observer will notice that commercial flight times will not be less than a predicted minimum.
XX.   Transverse the Globe—An observer may circumnavigate the globe in any direction.
XXI.   Surveyors—When surveying large features, surveyors must account for the curvature of the Earth.
XXII.   Mountaintops—A pair of coordinated observers on two distant mountain tops within visual range of each other will both measure by line of sight the other’s position to be lower than it is measured by the other.
XXIII.   Latitude Lines—An observer will notice that latitude lines are always straight and equidistant.
XXIV.   Longitude Lines—An observer will notice that longitude lines are always straight and diverge and then converge, going north to south (or vice versa).
XXV.   Tides
A.   Daily—An observer will notice that there are two high tides and two low tides at predicted times and the Moon is high is the sky during one high tides each day and low on the horizon at all low tides at many locations.
B.   Monthly—An observer will notice spring and neap tides each twice during the lunar month, with spring tide during new and full moons and neap tide during the first and third quarter at many locations.
XXVI.   Auroras—An observer will notice auroras near the poles, and they will occur at around both poles with nearly the same intensity and duration.
XXVII.   Modern navigation
A.   Gyroscopes—An observer will note that modern navigation when aided by gyroscopes provide readings consistent with predicted results.
B.   GPS—An observer will note that modern navigation when aided by GPS provide readings consistent with predicted results.
XXVIII.   Weather patterns
A.   Weather Fronts
1.   Speed—An observer will note that weather fronts move with about the same speed in either hemisphere and in line with their internal wind speeds.
2.   Polar Originations—An observer will note that weather fronts originate from both poles with approximately the same frequency and intensity.
B.   Trade winds—An observer will note that the trade winds in both hemispheres blow at approximately the same speed, but in opposite directions.
C.   Large Storm Systems
1.   Speed—An observer will note that large storm systems move with about the same speed in either hemisphere and arrive predictably across great distances.
2.   Direction—An observer will note that large storm systems are about of equal intensity in either hemisphere, but tend to move in opposite east versus west directions within the same latitude bands.
XXIX.   Aberration—An observer will notice an apparent displacement of the position of a celestial body in the direction of the Earth’s predicted motion about the Sun.
XXX.   Earthquakes—Seismographs record earthquakes with results that imply that the Earth is spherical.
XXXI.   Sigma Octantis--Viewing of Sigma Octantis (near Crux) from several longitudes in the Southern Hemisphere means Sigma Octantis (and Crux) is in several places at the same time.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

Examples please

Or ...

I.   Horizon
A.   Flat Horizon—An observer on the surface of a still ocean viewing sees the horizon as flat.
B.   Rounded Horizon—An observer on the surface of a still ocean viewing at a great height sees the horizon as rounded. It appears to be highest directly ahead of the viewing angle and drops equally away to both sides at a constant predicted rate, regardless of the viewing angle.
C.   The Higher, the Farther—An observer on a middle floor of a tall building watching a departing ship disappear over a clear horizon can climb to the top floor and again view the ship.
D.   Tops First—An observer on a ship approaching a port with skyscrapers will first see the tops of the tallest buildings then the rest of the city’s skyline as the ship comes further into port.
E.   Horizon below Eye Level—An observer will see the horizon is below eye level when viewing from a height above the Earth of 10,000 feet or more.
A.   Apparent size of the Sun—Regardless of the season, the time of day, or viewing location, an observer views the Sun in the sky as same shape and size.
B.   Sunrise and sunset—An observer sees the sun set and rise as a disk sliding over the horizon at a predicted time and angle.
C.   Phases of the Moon—An observer sees the Moon go through predicted phases (with the illuminated face facing the Sun when both are visible in the sky).
D.   Moonrise and Moonset—An observer sees the Moon rise and set at the predicted time and angle.
E.   Shadows on the Moon—At the first quarter and third quarter of the lunar phases, an observer sees shadows of features of the moon pointing in opposite direction, but always away from the Sun.
F.   Total Solar Eclipse—An observer sees a total solar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
G.   Annular Solar Eclipse—An observer sees an annular solar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
H.   Lunar Eclipse—An observer sees a total lunar eclipse at a predicted time and location.
I.   Retrograde Motion of Mars—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Mars apparently reverses its motion in the sky.
J.   Retrograde Motion of Jupiter—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Jupiter apparently reverses its motion in the sky.
K.   Retrograde Motion of Saturn—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Saturn apparently reverses it motion in the sky.
L.   Retrograde Motion of Uranus—At the predicted times, an observer sees that Uranus apparently reverse its motion in the sky.
M.   Transit of Mercury—An observer sees Mercury transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
N.   Phases of Mercury—An observer sees Mercury as predicted as a partially illuminated disk with the illuminated portion facing the Sun.
O.   Transit of Venus—An observer sees Venus transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
P.   Phases of Venus—An observer sees Venus as predicted as a partially illuminated disk with the illuminated portion facing the Sun.
III.   Radio
A.   Ham Radio Distance—A listener can hear ham radio stations from around the world.
B.   Commercial Radio Distance—A listener cannot hear commercial radio stations beyond a predicted distance during daylight.
C.   Nighttime Distance—A listener can hear commercial radio stations during nighttime that he or she could not hear during daylight.
IV.   Foucault Pendulum—An observer will see that a Foucault Pendulum’s motion rotates predictably over the course of a day based on latitude.
V.   Parallax
A.   Moon Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the Moon.
B.   Sun Distance— Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the Sun.
C.   ISS Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the ISS.
D.   Iridium Flash Distance—Two coordinated observers separated by large distance will obtain predicted angles to consistently determine the distance to the flash off one of the antenna dishes of an Iridium satellite.
A.   Northern Sky Rotation—An observer will not that stars appear to rotate about a fixed point in the northern sky.
B.   Southern Sky Rotation—An observer will note that stars appear to rotate about a fixed point in the southern sky.
VII.   Angle of Polaris
A.   North Pole—An observer at the North Pole will see Polaris directly overhead.
B.   45 Degrees—An observer at 45° North will see Polaris at 45° above the horizon.
A.   South Pole—An observer at the South Pole will see Sigma Octantis directly overhead.
B.   45 Degrees—An observer at 45° South will see Sigma Octantis at 45° above the horizon.
IX.   Intensity of the Sun—An observer will measure the predicted solar intensity on a cloudless day, regardless of the time of day or season.
X.   Cavendish Experiments—An observer will measure the same value of G for any sizes or shapes or materials used in a Cavendish device.
XI.   Lake—An observer will measure the predicted angle of deviation from level of a line of sight over a given, large distance over a still body of water
XII.   Zodiac—An observer will determine that the Sun appears to moves in relation to the Zodiac in the predicted manner.
XIII.   Photographs—The observer will see the Earth as a sphere in photographs taken for sufficiently high altitudes.
XIV.   Man to moon
A.   Earthrise—The observer on the Moon will see the earthrise at the predicted time and angle.
B.   Distance—Using the equipment left on the moon by the Apollo project, an observer will accurately measure the predicted distance to the Moon.
A.   Sun—An observer will see the ISS transit the Sun at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
B.   Moon— An observer will see the ISS transit the Moon at the predicted time and along the predicted path.
XVI.   Launch—An observer will see in the sky a satellite following a successful space launch following the predicted course.
XVII.   Meteors—An observer will see the meteors from a predicted shower or storm radiate from a predicted point in the sky.
XVIII.   Lunar Eclipse Shadow—An observer will always see a round edge to the shadow on the Moon during a Lunar Eclipse.
A.   Great circle—An observer will notice that long commercial flights travel mostly along great circle routes.
B.   Times—An observer will notice that commercial flight times will not be less than a predicted minimum.
XX.   Transverse the Globe—An observer may circumnavigate the globe in any direction.
XXI.   Surveyors—When surveying large features, surveyors must account for the curvature of the Earth.
XXII.   Mountaintops—A pair of coordinated observers on two distant mountain tops within visual range of each other will both measure by line of sight the other’s position to be lower than it is measured by the other.
XXIII.   Latitude Lines—An observer will notice that latitude lines are always straight and equidistant.
XXIV.   Longitude Lines—An observer will notice that longitude lines are always straight and diverge and then converge, going north to south (or vice versa).
XXV.   Tides
A.   Daily—An observer will notice that there are two high tides and two low tides at predicted times and the Moon is high is the sky during one high tides each day and low on the horizon at all low tides at many locations.
B.   Monthly—An observer will notice spring and neap tides each twice during the lunar month, with spring tide during new and full moons and neap tide during the first and third quarter at many locations.
XXVI.   Auroras—An observer will notice auroras near the poles, and they will occur at around both poles with nearly the same intensity and duration.
A.   Gyroscopes—An observer will note that modern navigation when aided by gyroscopes provide readings consistent with predicted results.
B.   GPS—An observer will note that modern navigation when aided by GPS provide readings consistent with predicted results.
A.   Weather Fronts
1.   Speed—An observer will note that weather fronts move with about the same speed in either hemisphere and in line with their internal wind speeds.
2.   Polar Originations—An observer will note that weather fronts originate from both poles with approximately the same frequency and intensity.
B.   Trade winds—An observer will note that the trade winds in both hemispheres blow at approximately the same speed, but in opposite directions.
C.   Large Storm Systems
1.   Speed—An observer will note that large storm systems move with about the same speed in either hemisphere and arrive predictably across great distances.
2.   Direction—An observer will note that large storm systems are about of equal intensity in either hemisphere, but tend to move in opposite east versus west directions within the same latitude bands.
XXIX.   Aberration—An observer will notice an apparent displacement of the position of a celestial body in the direction of the Earth’s predicted motion about the Sun.
XXX.   Earthquakes—Seismographs record earthquakes with results that imply that the Earth is spherical.
XXXI.   Sigma Octantis--Viewing of Sigma Octantis (near Crux) from several longitudes in the Southern Hemisphere means Sigma Octantis (and Crux) is in several places at the same time.

Your examples again are based on what science claims is reality. An average citizen has no access to outer space and even most astronomic observatories here on earth. Our experience day to day suggest that the earth is flat.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
Honestly, I can't help but find your argument ridiculous.
If RET takes faith; so does FET.
Do you agree?
God bless the Enclave.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
Your examples again are based on what science claims is reality. An average citizen has no access to outer space and even most astronomic observatories here on earth. Our experience day to day suggest that the earth is flat.

Incorrect.

You can see the ISS.

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »

Incorrect.

You can see the ISS.
Not only that; you can contact it.
A good friend of mine (he happens to be a radio fanatic) has done so when they were over Mobile, once.
God bless the Enclave.

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »

Examples please

Or ...

I.   Horizon
III.   Radio
V.   Parallax
VII.   Angle of Polaris
XIV.   Man to moon
XXV.   Tides
A.   Weather Fronts
C.   Large Storm Systems

Each of those examples are available to the average person. No, our experience day-to-day does not suggest that the Earth is flat, just open your eyes to the above list.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

EduardoVS-BR

• Flat Earth Editor
  • I respect both theories.
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Genesis Chapter 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty.
Please put the quotation marks.

"People are like books: they need to be read. Don't stop reading on the cover, for there is a lot of wealth hidden beyond non-attractive covers." - Fábio de Melo

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »

Examples please

Or ...

I.   Horizon
III.   Radio
V.   Parallax
VII.   Angle of Polaris
XIV.   Man to moon
XXV.   Tides
A.   Weather Fronts
C.   Large Storm Systems

Just because someone doesn't understand the evidence, it doesn't mean the evidence is false.

The Possibility of Infinite Earth According to Genesis
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »
Do you agree?

Yes I agree. The reason I started this post is just to have some food for thought. Perhaps I didn't name this thread correctly. The most appropriate title should have been " The Possibility of Infinite Earth According to Genesis" I mean I do realize that the word "Evidence" is not really the right word here.

In any case My view of infinite earth have always been about the future earth that God will create. The new earth or earth 2 will be an infinite slab and outer space will be no more. it will be paradise with incredible infinite atmosphere and new universal sun or light that will illuminate the earth perfectly. Our current continents will be reproduced in that new reality however since this will be a non spherical world, the shape of continents and landmasses will be slightly or may be significantly different. But since it will be an infinite plain there will be trillions of continents and oceans, amazing place indeed. But this is just my personal vision, I don't have any nerdy evidence for it. This is just something I channeled from reading the book of Revelation.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
Re: The Possibility of Infinite Earth According to Genesis
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
Do you agree?

Yes I agree. The reason I started this post is just to have some food for thought. Perhaps I didn't name this thread correctly. The most appropriate title should have been " The Possibility of Infinite Earth According to Genesis" I mean I do realize that the word "Evidence" is not really the right word here.

In any case My view of infinite earth have always been about the future earth that God will create. The new earth or earth 2 will be an infinite slab and outer space will be no more. it will be paradise with incredible infinite atmosphere and new universal sun or light that will illuminate the earth perfectly. Our current continents will be reproduced in that new reality however since this will be a non spherical world, the shape of continents and landmasses will be slightly or may be significantly different. But since it will be an infinite plain there will be trillions of continents and oceans, amazing place indeed. But this is just my personal vision, I don't have any nerdy evidence for it. This is just something I channeled from reading the book of Revelation.
Very good, but please remember that this is your opinion.
Others will read the bible and find what they read as evidence God made the earth round, and others have even taken evidence they read as of being square.
The opinion varies. To someone else, the  Bible can say something completely different.
It is a matter of perspective, relation, and of course vision.

The Bible is open to interpretation. Some take it more literally than others, and that is fine. But don't expect others to see the same.
God bless the Enclave.

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
Yes again I agree bible is subject to different interpretation and I understand that many people view it differently. I don't expect people to think like me or become like me. What I do and what I know is me and no one else. My infinite earth is my vision and I don't shove it nobody's throat. I never liked the idea of a sphere or a globe because to me it represents limitations, but others might disagree.
JJA voted for Pedro

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Do you agree?

I don't think God likes channels or familiar spirits.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
Yes again I agree bible is subject to different interpretation and I understand that many people view it differently. I don't expect people to think like me or become like me. What I do and what I know is me and no one else. My infinite earth is my vision and I don't shove it nobody's throat. I never liked the idea of a sphere or a globe because to me it represents limitations, but others might disagree.

really NE its all you ever talk about. you told us all that we wont make it to paradise unless we belive in what you believe and that we are all wrong and your right.

anyway your point about any part of the first testiment is BS. for a start how can somebody describe something they never even saw? and if we are all to believe in the first testiment than we are all hill billy imbreds. christanity is based on lies and borrowed belief

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
Do you agree?

I don't think God likes channels or familiar spirits.

So God does not like personal spiritual experiences? Does God always require that you learn about him and his works from a  third party?
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 02:08:01 AM »
The earth is flat because it's in the bible.
The earth is round because it's not.
The evidence and logic is indisputabe.  8)
Everything is one...you.
You are so much greater than
The outline of your body.

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »

Well said assassin
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
How many times must I say it before you lot get it through your thick skulls?
The Bible is open to interpretation.
You realize that what one verse might say to you will mean something completely different, right?
I mean, really.
I keep saying this. You all seem to fail to understand it.
The Bible is subject to opinion. One might see something, another something else.
God bless the Enclave.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
You realize that what one verse might say to you will mean something completely different, right?
I mean, really.
The Bible is subject to opinion. One might see something, another something else.

Because let's face it... no Human Understands all the Secrets and inner-workings of Creation. That's why no Man should rule over the Lives of Other Men.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
I mean, really.

Whoa!  Take it easy Graff.  Your letting a bit of sarcasm pierce your ego and puncture your pride.

When you know that everything is subject to opinion and intrpretation, as you so self rightously proclaim, you denigrate the very opinions that support your point.

It was 9:21 am when you wrote that. Try decaf.  8)
Everything is one...you.
You are so much greater than
The outline of your body.