An Experiment

• 28 Replies
An Experiment
« on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
Okay people, please bare with me here for a minute. This post is completely relevent to FET, even though it won't seem like it at first.
I would like FEers (or REers if they really want to) to answer this simple question:

What comes out of a volcano when it erupts?

Like I said this is an experiment and is completely relevant to FET. Thank-you for your participation. :)

chuck22

• Universe: single spoken sentence "God said..."
Re: An Experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
Magma >> Lava.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:20:45 PM by chuck22 »
"...let there be..."

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »
Thank-you. I'll wait for a few more valid replies, then I'll explain this experiment.

*REers please state that you are a REer if you respond. This is primarily for FEers*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:27:29 PM by open-minded »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
It depends largely on the type of volcano but we can probably safely assume it will be a mixture of magma, lava, ash and gasses.

Also, I don't know what little experiment you are planning but I am would really like to see how the existence of volcanos is a proof for a round earth, if that is indeed what you are on about. I would say that point is far more debatable than what comes out of volcanoes, no one is really going to debate against you there.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
By volcano I'm just referring to a standard volcano.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »
There are several standard types of volcanoes.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/volc/types.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:13:50 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
Okay, first type of volcano that comes to mind. The type really doesn't matter.

Rushy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:17 PM »
The breath of subterranean dragons.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
The breath of subterranean dragons.

Please refrain from low content posting. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
Okay, first type of volcano that comes to mind. The type really doesn't matter.
I suggest that you select a currently erupting volcano, such an http://mobile.volcanodiscovery.com/kilauea.html. This will end the discussion about type.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »
okay mt Kilauea it is then. What comes out of mt Kilauea?

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
Lava, which is molten rock.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Okay, we seem to have come to the unanimous conclusion that lava comes from volcanoes. (Thanks rush for saying dragon breath. That was an important post.).
Apparently most of us believe without a doubt that volcanoes emit lava. My next question to you all, why? Why do you believe lava comes from volcanoes? Have any of you seen a volcanic eruption first-hand, or have you only heard of them on tv or in books? Do you simply accept that lava comes from volcanoes because scientists have researched it, because there is so much undeniable evidence, because it has become common knowledge? How do we know there isn't a dragon living in each volcano? I'm sure not everyone on this site has seen a volcanic eruption with their own eyes.
Think on this for a minute. I challenge anyone to understand the point I'm making. I will again explain myself at s later time once people have thought about this.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:09 PM »
Okay, we seem to have come to the unanimous conclusion that lava comes from volcanoes. (Thanks rush for saying dragon breath. That was an important post.).
Apparently most of us believe without a doubt that volcanoes emit lava. My next question to you all, why? Why do you believe lava comes from volcanoes? Have any of you seen a volcanic eruption first-hand, or have you only heard of them on tv or in books? Do you simply accept that lava comes from volcanoes because scientists have researched it, because there is so much undeniable evidence, because it has become common knowledge? How do we know there isn't a dragon living in each volcano? I'm sure not everyone on this site has seen a volcanic eruption with their own eyes.
Think on this for a minute. I challenge anyone to understand the point I'm making. I will again explain myself at s later time once people have thought about this.

I've never seen an alternative theory about what comes out of volcanoes that had even a shred of evidence. If you can provide on I would be willing to look into it with an open mind, though.

Rushy

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »
I've never seen an alternative theory about what comes out of volcanoes that had even a shred of evidence. If you can provide on I would be willing to look into it with an open mind, though.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=46667.0

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »
Let me see if I understand you...

Since many FEers reject RE evidence because they can't "see" it themselves (in all conditions and at all times) and since FEers accept that lava is coming out of Kilauea without actually see that it is right at this moment, FEers are capriciously selective in their standard for evidence, right?

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »
Yes ClockTower, you're absolutely right. Just because we can't see something for ourselves doesn't mean it's impossible. We as a species work together to make discoveries like this all the time, a lot of which we simply accept after so much evidence is presented. Why accept one widely-accepted concept yet not another? I'm not trying to change anyone's views on Earth shape, just trying to get everyone to think a bit.
For the record, I grew up in Hawaii and actually have seen Kilaueas flow with my own eyes.

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
Let me see if I understand you...

Since many FEers reject RE evidence because they can't "see" it themselves (in all conditions and at all times) and since FEers accept that lava is coming out of Kilauea without actually see that it is right at this moment, FEers are capriciously selective in their standard for evidence, right?
Remember, these are also the people who claim that, while the appearance of a flat earth isn't an illusion, both ships below the horizon, and the sunset/rise is.
God bless the Enclave.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »

The Bible doesn't count as evidence.

Rushy

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »

That depends on whether you accept it or not. What is a book if not a source of information you deem to be true?

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
The Bible is a religious document.

Try something containing experiments and data.
God bless the Enclave.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:32 PM »

That depends on whether you accept it or not. What is a book if not a source of information you deem to be true?

Not true.  Believing in something does not make it evidence.  Proven facts are evidence.

Faith means that you accept it to be true, even though you have no proof.  Therefore, someone who accepts it as being true is doing so on faith.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »

A novel, a comic book, a compendium of myths, just to start the long list. Please try harder. Thanks.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »

We all understand the points you are going to make. Quit patronizing us. You aren't going to blow anyones mind with your conclussions.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
Can I say I have actually been up an active volcano and looked into the caldera, or is that clouding the issue somewhat? Would it help that I didn't actually see any lava, just steam and gases?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
Can I say I have actually been up an active volcano and looked into the caldera, or is that clouding the issue somewhat? Would it help that I didn't actually see any lava, just steam and gases?

It was my understanding that most of the lava comes out of the sides of the volcano.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »

It was my understanding that most of the lava comes out of the sides of the volcano.

There was no lava coming out of the sides either. That's probably why they let tourists on it. It was Mt Vesuvius, if you're interested.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »

There was no lava coming out of the sides either. That's probably why they let tourists on it. It was Mt Vesuvius, if you're interested.

Right, I was just saying that I didn't think it would be likely to expect to see lava in the coldera.