General Relativity

• 10 Replies
General Relativity
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »
What is the FE response to General Relativity which would preclude a Flat Earth and a majority of elements required for a Flat Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_general_relativity

General Relativity
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »
General Relativity is an integral part of the FE model.

General Relativity
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »
I think I should have been clearer.

The FE model states that there is no gravity, only a universal acceleration in the Up direction. The observations testing General Relativity indicate and require that there is gravity and gravitation between objects as an effect of the curvature of time space. These observations are contrary to the FE model. Therefore the FE model and the General Relativity theory models can not co-exist.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
General Relativity
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »
Quote from: "voideng"
The FE model states that there is no gravity,

This is not correct.  The FE model asserts that there is no attractive force between the Earth and the stuff in its neighborhood.  In the language of GR, the FE model asserts that spacetime in the neighbordhood of the Earth is flat and that we are accelerating through it.

GR makes it possible for an observer to believe that he is not accelerating when he discovers the convergence of test particles, but rather that the spacetime around him is curved.  Surely, therefore, it must leave us free to determine the opposite, since the two situations must be equivalent.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

General Relativity
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »
Lol, lots of people in the FE camp often post before something, 'of course this is in my opinion' or 'I don't know if this is accurate'...

Maybe because its very hard to keep deceit flowing smoothly and making sure everyones bollocks agrees with everyone elses.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
General Relativity
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:14:24 PM »
Quote from: "Chri5peed"
Lol, lots of people in the FE camp often post before something, 'of course this is in my opinion' or 'I don't know if this is accurate'...

Maybe because its very hard to keep deceit flowing smoothly and making sure everyones bollocks agrees with everyone elses.

They are actually correct on this particular bollocks.
the cake is a lie

General Relativity
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:28:16 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"

Maybe so, but my post was a general comment/observation. I didn't think it warranted yet another, 'You're all spouting crap' thread.

General Relativity
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"

Maybe so, but my post was a general comment/observation. I didn't think it warranted yet another, 'You're all spouting crap' thread.

But that's also dangerously close to trolling.

Which is bad.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

beast

General Relativity
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »

I also think it's because they're not genuine FEers and are afraid that people will think that they are genuine and thus crazy, even though this is an anonymous forum.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
General Relativity
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 09:46:56 PM »

Maybe it's because the theory is not yet complete or fully tested?  You wouldn't want FEers to be all dogmatic and say, "This is the way it is!  No exceptions!  No possibility of error!" would you?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

General Relativity
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 04:40:51 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"

Maybe it's because the theory is not yet complete or fully tested?  You wouldn't want FEers to be all dogmatic and say, "This is the way it is!  No exceptions!  No possibility of error!" would you?

No possibility of any truth!