NASA lost their control codes for the ISS last year?

• 14 Replies

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
NASA lost their control codes for the ISS last year?
« on: April 01, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/5889677/nasa-lost-a-laptop-with-unencrypted-space-station-codes

"According to testimony given to the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, a laptop stolen in March of last year "resulted in the loss of the algorithms used to command and control the ISS". And apparently at least 48 laptops and mobile devices were lost or stolen between April 2009 and April 2011."

NASA needs to at least pretend to care about their control algorithms, or else people might get suspicious.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: NASA lost their control codes for the ISS last year?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
yet another show of incompetence by NASA
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 05:39:03 AM »
So, they lost the codes to the non-existent ISS?  What was it, the pass code to enter the green screen stage?

?

trig

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
yet another show of incompetence by NASA
This is what everybody has been telling you, Flat Earthers (maybe not you, personally). NASA is way too incompetent to head the greatest Conspiracy of them all, which has to maintain under control every person with a telescope, every navigator, every airline, and so many others.

We really need to know what is the official position of the FES. Otherwise, we just need John Davis' word that NASA is incompetent, and with that statement and the fact that only a Conspiracy could make us not know that the Earth is flat, the Society is doomed.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:18:06 AM »
I imagine the typical FE conspiracy theorist would say NASA are not heading the conspiracy.  Only key folks at NASA would need to be in on it.  From there, the incompetence would work for the conspiracy not against.  Their constant lack of record keeping, multiple mistakes, etc would be a perfect smoke screen.

That said, its my belief that one should in general tend towards assuming folks are stupid, ignorant, or incompetent rather than evil.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
I imagine the typical FE conspiracy theorist would say NASA are not heading the conspiracy.  Only key folks at NASA would need to be in on it.  From there, the incompetence would work for the conspiracy not against.  Their constant lack of record keeping, multiple mistakes, etc would be a perfect smoke screen.

That said, its my belief that one should in general tend towards assuming folks are stupid, ignorant, or incompetent rather than evil.

Space travel: over 50 years old, many countries involved, hundred of thousand of techniciens and scientists, and yet you still think there's a conspiracy?

Put aside for a moment your lack of proofs (and you so easily debunkable proofs of the faking od Moon missions) and try to be logic and use you common sense. If you still think there's a conspiracy, there you are: you've lost your common sense and logic.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »

Space travel: over 50 years old, many countries involved, hundred of thousand of techniciens and scientists, and yet you still think there's a conspiracy?
No I don't.  Where did you get the idea that I did?

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:42 AM »

All right. There's no conspiracy. Space flight is possible. One of the many ways to prove that the Earth is round.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »

All right. There's no conspiracy. Space flight is possible. One of the many ways to prove that the Earth is round.
Neither of those prove the Earth is round.  In fact, I believe just about every model thats currently held by folks in this forum holds space flight is possible.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »

Neither of those prove the Earth is round.  In fact, I believe just about every model thats currently held by folks in this forum holds space flight is possible.
Space flight?  Yes.  Sustained space flight (as in stable orbit)?  For the most part, no.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
Ah, you are likely right that he was referring to sustained space flight, though they are two completely different things. 

Still, the point stands that neither prove the Earth is round, ignoring my objection to the use of "prove" in this instance.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
Ah, you are likely right that he was referring to sustained space flight, though they are two completely different things. 

Still, the point stands that neither prove the Earth is round, ignoring my objection to the use of "prove" in this instance.

Yeah, right, space flight doesn't prove the Earth to be round. In which fantasy land do you live?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:10 AM »
Fantastic logical argument defending your position.   Is this how you always post or do you sometimes support your argument and read the opposing sides posts?

?

trig

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:44 AM »
Fantastic logical argument defending your position.   Is this how you always post or do you sometimes support your argument and read the opposing sides posts?
Should we understand that this is the best you have to show? You do not make any sort of argument, except, maybe, the one about a few people controlling all of NASA's and all of the world's information, like in Matrix. And then you do not like it when they say you  live in a fantasy world. Go figure.

Please make an argument worth countering before waiting for an answer.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
Should we understand that this is the best you have to show? You do not make any sort of argument, except, maybe, the one about a few people controlling all of NASA's and all of the world's information, like in Matrix. And then you do not like it when they say you  live in a fantasy world. Go figure.

Please make an argument worth countering before waiting for an answer.
What is the best I have to show?  Of course I don't make an argument, and I didn't intend to.  He made the implied argument that space flight being possible is one way to prove the earth is round.  He has not supported it, and I simply have pointed as much out.  Its he (and you, in fact) that needs to make an argument worth countering.  However, I have given both of you the courtesy of a reply (which really was only to aid you in making an actual point.)

Furthermore its met with lies and deceit.  When did I make an argument concerning a few people controlling all of NASA OR all of the world's information?  I have done neither.

Its up to him to show space flight would indeed prove a round earth; that was his argument.  This has not been done.  I simply pointed out as much, and you march in here like some grand defender ready with quill up the bottom.  Well I'm sorry trig, you are just looking silly.  Perhaps I should have directed the comment concerning reading posts towards both of you instead.

We really need to know what is the official position of the FES. Otherwise, we just need John Davis' word that NASA is incompetent, and with that statement and the fact that only a Conspiracy could make us not know that the Earth is flat, the Society is doomed.
Please support your claim that "only a conspiracy could make us not know that the Earth is flat".