The Ice Wall and Beyond

• 108 Replies
?

L

• Open-minded RE'er
The Ice Wall and Beyond
« on: March 29, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »
I'm confused about what the FES generally believes about what's beyond the Ice Wall. I've seen some FE'ers saying it stretches on and until forever and we can't say how far it goes; others say it's just a wall that goes on a couple miles or so and then stops and thus the flat earth is a circular disc (ergo the FES logo).

Clarify please.

PS who buys the theory about NASA genetically creating penguins as a seal and bird(?) hybrid as food for the supposed Ice Wall guards?
Highschool student.

Latest assignment: create a documentary.

I'm just here to do research for my documentary.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
Re: The Ice Wall and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:53 AM »
You are correct; there are those like myself who think it is an infinite plain, and some who don't.

I'm not sure about your penguin theory either.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »
what evidence do we have of an ice wall that is almost continously 200 ft?
No its not Antarctica, that has been fully explored, mapped, ect.
And why can Flordia keep out the oceans massive force being only <10 ft above sea level on average?

What makes more sense, and the Zetetic approach would be there is no ice wall, or it has yet to be discovered far beyond Atantartica. 

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:54 AM »
I don't know much about genetically engineered penguins.
I do believe however that beyond the ice wall exists the ends of the crystal dome that is our firmament. The firmament if you didn't know is a giant dome that lies upon the circular flat Earth. It gives us capacitance and allows us to live a life of choice. Without it we'd be subject to the onslaught of heavenly immaculate light that would cause most of us to purge ourselves and die, and the few that remain would be left behind in a world of perfect harmony.
Of course there could also be frost giants out there.
All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved and the sky rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree.

?

L

• Open-minded RE'er
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »
You are correct; there are those like myself who think it is an infinite plain, and some who don't.

I'm not sure about your penguin theory either.

But what does the majority of the FES believe?

And it's not my theory. It's some other guy's, and I've seen RE'ers link to him calling him a psychopath and then generalizing the FES accordingly. I've forgotten his name but it was John or something. I'm sure most FE'ers recognize the theory.
Highschool student.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
there is no such thing as majority,
but the Zetetic approach, which I always thought this once great society was about Zetitism,
ice wall is one theory for what holds the oceans back,
but it has yet to be discovered. so, no ice wall.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
The Ice Wall is at the coast of Antarctica. It is not undiscovered. It is a 150 foot tall barrier of ice which composes 95% of the antarctic coastline.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ice_Wall

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
The Ice Wall is at the coast of Antarctica. It is not undiscovered. It is a 150 foot tall barrier of ice which composes 95% of the antarctic coastline.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ice_Wall

There is no evidence that it is a wall around the rim of the earth. There is no evidence that the earth is a disc rather than any other shape. There is no evidence that if the earth was a disc, antarctica is not in the centre. There is no explanation from FE'res for the sun being visible all night in antarctic summer (or arctic summer if you support the idea of south being in the middle.) There is no explanation under FET of how trans-antarctic expeditions  traverse Antarctica. There is no explanation for rotation of stars round a southern celestial pole. There is no explanation form FE'ers as to why the south polar bases are sited where they are rather than somewhere else. There is no explanation of why nobody has seen the edge during Antarctic explorations, or if the ice wall lies inland, why nobody has seen it. There is no explanation of why nobody can go further than 90 degrees south.
In a nutshell: Antarctica is one big inconsistency in FET that they are unable to make fit.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »
PS who buys the theory about NASA genetically creating penguins as a seal and bird(?) hybrid as food for the supposed Ice Wall guards?

No one, it's a joke.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
There is no evidence that it is a continent on the bottom of the Earth. There is no evidence that the earth is a ball rather than any other shape. There is no evidence that if the earth was a sphere, antarctica is not on the top. There is no explanation from RE'res for the sun being as hot as it is. There is no evidence that anyone has ever traversed Antarctica. There is no explanation for the Bedford Level experiment. There is no explanation form RE'ers as to why there is only one route to the south polar base. There is no explanation of why nobody has seen the curvature during flights, or if this isn't high enough, why it doesn't appear in those videos everyone links. There is no explanation of why nobody can go further than 90 degrees south.
In a nutshell: Everything is one big inconsistency in RET that they are unable to make fit.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »
There is no evidence that it is a continent on the bottom of the Earth. There is no evidence that the earth is a ball rather than any other shape. There is no evidence that if the earth was a sphere, antarctica is not on the top. There is no explanation from RE'res for the sun being as hot as it is. There is no evidence that anyone has ever traversed Antarctica. There is no explanation for the Bedford Level experiment. There is no explanation form RE'ers as to why there is only one route to the south polar base. There is no explanation of why nobody has seen the curvature during flights, or if this isn't high enough, why it doesn't appear in those videos everyone links. There is no explanation of why nobody can go further than 90 degrees south.
In a nutshell: Everything is one big inconsistency in RET that they are unable to make fit.

Sorry, but no.  It's not our fault that you're so ignorant.

If you use the handy-dandy search function you might be able to find the post where I showed Tom articles about an emergency flight out of the south pole that didn't follow the usual route.

Tom's response:  The Conspiracy
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
Personally, I would argue that as it stands, its extent is unknown. We simply do not have enough data about what is beyond the Known Earth to make definitive claims about it.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

Sorry, but no.  It's not our fault that you're so ignorant.

If you use the handy-dandy search function you might be able to find the post where I showed Tom articles about an emergency flight out of the south pole that didn't follow the usual route.

Tom's response:  The Conspiracy

ITT: cherry-picking, missing the point

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »
There is no evidence that it is a continent on the bottom of the Earth.
Apart from cartography indicating that it is. Next?
There is no evidence that the earth is a ball rather than any other shape.
Apart from eyewitness accounts from high altitude and space, and the visible shadow on the moon during an eclipse, and the predictions of gravity, you're quite right, it could well be an icosahedron. In fact, about the only shape it can't be is flat.
There is no evidence that if the earth was a sphere, antarctica is not on the top.
There is no "top" or "bottom" on the sphere of earth except by convention. And I think you'll find that it's actually never right on the bottom even then. Next?
There is no explanation from RE'res for the sun being as hot as it is.

There are theories, though we lack some data needed to test them. You carefully neglect to mention there's no explanation in FET either.
There is no evidence that anyone has ever traversed Antarctica.
Lies. Next?
There is no explanation for the Bedford Level experiment.
If you mean Rowbotham's results as opposed to everybody else's, yes there is. Poorly conducted science, or possibly a mirage effect that nobody else saw when they repeated the experiment and showed curvature.
There is no explanation form RE'ers as to why there is only one route to the south polar base.
There are plenty of possible routes to the south polar bases, but why not take the easiest one rather than the ones that increase your chances of falling into a crevasse on the way there?
There is no explanation of why nobody has seen the curvature during flights, or if this isn't high enough, why it doesn't appear in those videos everyone links.
Lies. Even denying the existence of pictures posted in my thread debunking the wide angle lens excuse. You exhibit the signs of trolling here.
There is no explanation of why nobody can go further than 90 degrees south.
At least you're honest about that, even if all the rest is strawmen and lies.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

The point being... that you like to make exaggerated and false statements for the hell of it?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »

The point being... that you like to make exaggerated and false statements for the hell of it?

The point being that TK's questions were tedious and easily/commonly answered

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »

Well sure, if you invoke The Conspiracy you can answer any question.  Beyond that, I don't see much in the way of answers.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Well sure, if you invoke The Conspiracy you can answer any question.  Beyond that, I don't see much in the way of answers.

I don't see any answers either. You've just posted a list of different questions, something I was roundly scolded for by Wilmore as a supposedly childish tactic.
Where are the answers?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
You've just posted a list of different questions, something I was roundly scolded for by Wilmore as a supposedly childish tactic.

I have to be honest, I don't recall this. Can you link me to where I scolded you because I felt your posting of a list was a childish tactic?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »

As TK so delicately described, there is a very (and I emphasize VERY) detailed explanation for all of that. You just choose not to believe it. I could explain most of that with such extreme detail that it would make your pre-calculus mind go numb. And because you don't understand it, you will deny it. I don't know what else to say...

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 08:25:38 AM »
I do believe however that beyond the ice wall exists the ends of the crystal dome that is our firmament. The firmament if you didn't know is a giant dome that lies upon the circular flat Earth. It gives us capacitance and allows us to live a life of choice. Without it we'd be subject to the onslaught of heavenly immaculate light that would cause most of us to purge ourselves and die, and the few that remain would be left behind in a world of perfect harmony.

No one responded to my comment... I was entirely serious. Though it did sound comical.
All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved and the sky rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »
You've just posted a list of different questions, something I was roundly scolded for by Wilmore as a supposedly childish tactic.

I have to be honest, I don't recall this. Can you link me to where I scolded you because I felt your posting of a list was a childish tactic?

No. Because when you look at it, if you haven't used those exact words then you'll start pompously proclaiming that you never said that exact sentence, as if that's some sort of victory for you. Everyone else here will know which thread I mean if they have bothered to read your posts. And if they don't know which thread it is, it will delight me that your Lord Windbaggisms are not being read.

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »

No one responded to my comment... I was entirely serious. Though it did sound comical.

Well, it's a comment. It's not fact, it's not supported by anything.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »

Ofcourse there is. You must use Google, find pics, and your local book store, find books aobut earth, and start to read. Please, understand something.....i wish u were right, with your believes, but, i must say that this FET theory does not work well, there si no living proof of that, no film, no photo , only one book... or two... maybe...

there is curvature during flights.... her si simple  test:

ok, trace time line to 6:10 and you will se something nice. so please bi gentle and say what you see.... a earht curvature.... ok?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
No. Because when you look at it, if you haven't used those exact words then you'll start pompously proclaiming that you never said that exact sentence, as if that's some sort of victory for you. Everyone else here will know which thread I mean if they have bothered to read your posts. And if they don't know which thread it is, it will delight me that your Lord Windbaggisms are not being read.

Okay, will you at least quote the post you were referring to, whatever its wording was? That way we can see if it was even roughly in line with what you claimed I said.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:43 AM »
Is this the ice wall? It must be real, I've seen it on TV:

?

L

• Open-minded RE'er
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
Is this the ice wall? It must be real, I've seen it on TV:

A sarcastic post...? I'm pretty sure the "ice wall" wouldn't be a literal wall but more of a gradual hill, complete with cliffs and valleys.
Highschool student.

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 03:09:22 AM »
I wonder if the woman who recently skied across Antarctica had to climb that ice wall...

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 05:11:47 AM »
She does not exist.

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 07:09:31 AM »
That clears things right up. Just denounce the existence of the perpetrator.