A Friendly Chat

• 3828 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #3720 on: July 08, 2022, 03:11:02 PM »
I think I'm going to call her Beebee (but I haven't decided how to spell it). She is like at least two bees.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3721 on: August 04, 2022, 12:34:51 AM »
Ambien and Absinthe theatre presents:

The mystery of the Wasabi pees.

I have a small plastic container of wasabi pees that I like to snack on.  The container is sort of like a small tupperware container, meaning it's water proof.  This information will become important in a moment.

A very busy day for me doing <REDACTED> at work.  Quite stressful.  Fortunately I have remedies for such things.  Alcohol, Ambien and video games.  But there was very little time to eat.  Which means the effects of the evening cocktail can be... unpredictable.  I recall beginning to play Xcom2 and that's it.

Fast forward to the next morning.  I awake sleeping on the floor of my office to see an odd sight, the container of wasabi pees is soaked with some kind of liquid.  One would think that this would be easy to determine but it is not.  The dye in the wasabi turned the water green.  The smell of the wasabi masked any possible clues there.  If I were very curious I could taste it but I suspect the wasabi would again wipe out any other taste.

My top theories.

1.  I poured a beer into it.  I don't know what my motivation would be.

2.  It's water.  Possible.  Maybe I was cleaning it but I was too stupid at the time to realize there was still perfectly good food in it.

3.  This one "feels" like it's the most likely.  At some time in the night, I was too busy to walk an extra 5 feet to the bathroom and I peed into the Wasabi pees.

But we may never know.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3722 on: August 04, 2022, 12:54:31 AM »

I too am a fan of Wasabi peas, so much so that I am pretty sure that my subconscious would veto urination into them. A quick interweb check on the side effects of Ambien reveals a propensity for sleep walking, talking, and eating, maybe the pot and the dried nature of the contents triggered a pot-noodle response that was never fully realized.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3723 on: August 05, 2022, 02:47:42 PM »
You have to lick it to find out. There is no other way to settle this and it must be settled. For science.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3724 on: August 09, 2022, 03:33:30 AM »
Many years ago, we inherited a huge gothic arts and crafts dark wood dressing table from my grandmother with a triptych of heavy mirrors mounted on crenellated towers sporting turned spires and little drawers.
Looking at it closely it was made not by a master craftsman, but more of a spirited amateur but it suited my spouse’s goth heart, the bedrooms iron candle style chandelier, wall manacles and metal bed so it stayed.

The years however had begun to show, cracks, chips and scuffs, broken handles, gaps in some of the drawers, all these things had eroded its appeal, I suggested we upcycled it, so I dismantled it rubbed it down, painted it satin black and put new silver handles and knobs on it and carried it all back upstairs.

Here’s the thing, none of the drawers fitted. I know what you are thinking you judgmental bastards but the carcass ‘s where the drawers go were sound and I didn’t touch them and only three of the drawers needed work, but now none of them fitted, not tight with paint, they don’t go in the holes.

This revelation coincided with me asking where the fittings I had taken off, including mirror hinges with butterfly tightening screws the like of which I had never seen, that I had put on the marble hearth, were. To be told they had been tidied, my loved one’s euphemism for thrown away where we both go through a pointless ritualised search both knowing her borderline OCD has overridden sense and she’s lobbed them in the bin, which had been collected that morning.

For sanity’s sake I made a cup of tea and sat in the garden to ponder things, not my crazy partners thought process, this I know to be beyond me, but the non-fitting drawers.

There is only one feasible reason I can come up with.

Sometime betwixt the dismantling and attempted reconstruction, the universe had transitioned from expansion to contraction, and this has been only partially grasped at this early stage by its constituents, the drawers and carcass now being in different phase states.
Hopefully in the time it will take me to find replacement mirror hinges, possibly ones of a type that have not been made for over 100yrs, they will synchronise and I won’t have to set about them with my plane, time, which is probably now in reverse, will tell. 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3725 on: August 09, 2022, 07:36:56 AM »
I believe your dressing table is demanding that you upgrade it to nice shiny new self closing ball bearing drawer slides.

While it is out of character for gothic furniture, a smooth closing drawer creates joy in the hearts of everyone.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3726 on: August 09, 2022, 07:48:36 AM »
I believe your dressing table is demanding that you upgrade it to nice shiny new self closing ball bearing drawer slides.

While it is out of character for gothic furniture, a smooth closing drawer creates joy in the hearts of everyone.

I commend Jura for his upcycling efforts. The planet needs more people like him. I personally would have hired a skip bin and be done with it  :o

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3727 on: August 09, 2022, 08:03:52 AM »

You peasant!
No. my flabber is gasted, this is strictly wood on wood (that’s bound to attract an Aussie) with just a smidgen of linseed oil to avoid jamming, you’ll have me putting drawer stops on and treating the woodworm next.   

Another thought occurred as to the unexplained refit problem, it could be some sort of demon puzzle, that the drawers can only be returned to the carcass in a particular sequence, maybe even at specific phase of the moon otherwise not only will it refuse to be reassembled but an evil djinn will be unleashed, then again I might have overdone the coffee intake today.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3728 on: August 23, 2022, 02:31:49 AM »

There is a special place so very near, incorporating Malazan, Spanish Harlem, Heaven, and Hell, just head for the second star to the right and straight on til’ morning to find places far further than the voyagers have travelled, and James Webb has glimpsed.

It is our greatest asset our downfall and redemption.

A place of love, adventure, exploration, galaxy spanning empires, fantastic beasts, beauty, horror and because we are human, war and devastation.
It raises us from the dust, gives hope to some, a vision of distant horizons of how it could be. For others it becomes a cage, beyond wisdom it speaks in tongues, turns us away from others setting lies on lips that were never spoken until twisting in on themselves they spiral down into a private genie bottle of fear and suspicion.

Shunned by some as a childish thing we put away, it still whispers, what if? It is the place we become heroes in our own story.

Such a place was dreamed by the Boy-star, true to his nature it was a paradox, a dread place of salvation occupied by monsters and paladins, fought over by shifting alliances of the damaged and needy it yet produced camaraderie, comedy, and meltdowns.
It was a fine place, and I will miss it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 03:07:41 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3729 on: August 23, 2022, 05:02:49 AM »
Indeed.  In my heart, I too am pouring a 40 for my dead penguin homies.

Perhaps one day its glory shall be restored in one form or another.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3730 on: August 27, 2022, 07:07:00 AM »
Ethics question;

If I have a nightmare about a problem at work is it okay to charge time for that?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3731 on: August 27, 2022, 03:35:48 PM »
Send them a detailed description of your nightmare, and charge them for pain and suffering.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3732 on: August 28, 2022, 12:10:45 PM »

The problem being, if you are paid for something, they have rights over it, do you want your firm to have control in any way of your dreamtime?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3733 on: September 14, 2022, 06:56:36 AM »
One of Beebee's baby fangs fell out yesterday. I've got my fingers crossed the rest of them fall out in the next few days. I swear this dog has the sharpest baby teeth of any puppy EVER. Not even my brother's pitbull will play with her anymore.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3734 on: September 14, 2022, 07:12:46 AM »

You mean Ratbag?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3735 on: September 14, 2022, 07:25:42 AM »
YES. I should have named her that, she is evil.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3736 on: October 24, 2022, 06:56:57 AM »

North Wales, through the Celtic lands, coloured and dressed by the mists and golds of Autumn, up through the passes and mountains of the Cwm Idwal nature reserve under the watchful shadow of Kite and buzzard, the Ordovician sea bed landscape twisted, raised and gouged by glaciers, walked by stone age hunters, weapons tipped with honed quartz, followed in turn by Charles Darwin and not least of all Jura, silver haired warrior poet of clan Glenlivet, spirit renewed by storm and mountain air.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3737 on: October 24, 2022, 12:53:10 PM »
Why does Beebee hate getting a bath so much? WHY DOES SHE LOOK AT ME LIKE SHE WILL MURDER ME IN MY SLEEP?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3738 on: October 24, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »

I would never look at you like I would murder you in your sleep!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3739 on: October 24, 2022, 06:56:57 PM »
Hey cool, that dog looks like a tiny but playable version of a freisian cow

Neat! 8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3740 on: January 23, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »
Do any of you nerds collect coins?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3741 on: January 23, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »

For parking meters.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3742 on: January 23, 2023, 01:33:15 PM »
I do not remember the last time I used a parking meter!

Anyway, my mom watched a youtube about pennies and was searching through her pennies, so I brought her the jars of pennies my grandma kept so she could go through them. We both got excited when we found several 2009 pennies, which are rarer than others, and then we got really excited when we found a 2009 "professional life" penny minted in Denver... BUT upon further research I think it might only be worth a couple dollars and not SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. lol

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #3743 on: February 09, 2023, 09:22:34 AM »
That's still significantly more than penny.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3744 on: February 09, 2023, 09:47:21 AM »
OMG hi Ski!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3745 on: February 09, 2023, 10:16:48 AM »
OMG hi Ski!

How has space herding been treating you?

I trust you've been taking care of things here.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3746 on: February 09, 2023, 03:32:38 PM »
It's so good to see you here again. My life's been alright, just got over covid again, but other than that about the same. How have you been?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3747 on: February 09, 2023, 05:08:44 PM »
I keep waking up on this side of the dirt, so I suppose I have no real reason to complain (not that it stops me).

I expected I'd see more about the Chinese satellite malfunction, but I suppose not. Just a quick browse reminded me of how insufferable the globularists can be.  I don't have the time and energy to engage in all the global ridiculousness of late.

Took the kids back east (well, north of you) for a funeral and to see the small town much of the family came from. Really made me miss that place and the family, though I've never lived there myself. Maybe I'll buy a little farm in the boonies, and we'll be state neighbours. 

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3748 on: February 10, 2023, 05:22:33 AM »
SKI!!!!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3749 on: February 10, 2023, 08:44:16 AM »

This can be the theme song for the move.