A Friendly Chat

• 3828 Replies

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »
That sounds like a good birthday. I hope its like that today.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #481 on: October 02, 2012, 12:48:08 AM »
Internet is moar important than cleaning your room.

It is my birthday but the Glorious Leader did not give me a birthday lie in :( she didn't even make me breakfast in bed *sigh*

I don't think you quite understand who is a servant to whom.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #482 on: October 02, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »
Internet is moar important than cleaning your room.

It is my birthday but the Glorious Leader did not give me a birthday lie in :( she didn't even make me breakfast in bed *sigh*

I don't think you quite understand who is a servant to whom.

No :(
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:15 AM »

Happy birthday!!   :)
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »
Happy birthday, Gayer!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #485 on: October 02, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
Gayer's daughter is cute and cuddly.

?

Thork

« Reply #486 on: October 02, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #487 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
Will you make up your mind on what you're gonna post? >:(
Recently listened to:

?

Thork

« Reply #488 on: October 02, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
I wanted to find a good one. >o<

Its going that little bit further that makes people feel special, you a*sehole. >:(

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #489 on: October 02, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Don't you d*re call me an a*s*h*l*. >:*
Recently listened to:

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #490 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »
I feel special thanks to Thork

Spent my birthday at soft play with the Glorious Leader. Well I used her as my excuse to go play in the giant playground.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #491 on: October 03, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »
I think I'm going to like the new store I'm working at better than the old one.  They're sort of in-between management at the moment since the last general manager got fired, but once the smoke clears I think it'll be better organized.  And chances are I'll end up basically having my old position in the not too distant future.  I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel and don't have to gas myself in my car anymore.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #492 on: October 08, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
We were coming through the front gate of the apartment complex and there's this old man with both legs amputated that lives here who wheeled up to the gate at the same time, and he motioned for us to go ahead and as we drove off he shook his wheelchair screamed "Ow, my foot!"

Took me a second.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
It's been a week since I smoked a cigarette.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
Congratulations.  Is this long term? 
Yes I know that sounds like a stupid question, but are you really, truely, absolutely done with the cancer sticks now?
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »
Congratulations.  Is this long term? 
Yes I know that sounds like a stupid question, but are you really, truely, absolutely done with the cancer sticks now?

Until next time.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
Congrats Roundy. Did you quit cold turkey or use gimmicks? I need to quit soon.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Thork

« Reply #497 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
I gave up about 4 or 5 times before I quit for good. Nicotine gum is useless. I just got hooked on that and still wanted a cigarette all the time. I found chewing regular gum worked best for me. I ended up with a jaw like a breeze block, but I've not smoked in almost 2 years.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #498 on: October 11, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
I gave up about 4 or 5 times before I quit for good. Nicotine gum is useless. I just got hooked on that and still wanted a cigarette all the time. I found chewing regular gum worked best for me. I ended up with a jaw like a breeze block, but I've not smoked in almost 2 years.

Actually, I'm using the nicotine gum.  This isn't the first time I've tried to quit, and the last time I had great success with the gum.  I managed to ween myself off it and for a period of months (can't remember exactly how long) I didn't smoke or chew anything.  It took a majorly stressful situation (I lost my job after nearly a decade) for me to go back to it.

The situation has changed since then.  I recently went through pneumonia that I was having a really tough time kicking.  I also had pneumonia last year.  I felt like my body was seriously trying to tell me something.  This last time I just wasn't getting over the cough... then I stopped smoking, and within two days it was gone.

This wasn't an "I'm quitting because of future health risks" situation.  It was an "I'm quitting because I think these things are killing me now" kind of thing, and I feel like that gives me extra incentive to be super-serious about it. 

And I just don't have the willpower to do it cold turkey.  I know enough about myself to understand that.  I figure that with the gum at least I'm cutting out the damage it was doing to my lungs, which right now is what I'm particularly concerned about.

But God... I want a cigarette.  :(
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #499 on: October 11, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »
That's awesome! You can do it, Roundy. My dad really needs to stop smoking, maybe I'll try getting him to try the nicotine gum because he's tried quitting a bunch of times as well.
Recently listened to:

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »
My dad started chewing to quit smoking and then he just end up doing both.  He keeps quitting smoking, but he won't kick the chew.  Which is probably even more disgusting than smoking.

But you can't really make anyone kick habits like that.  They have to do it themselves, for themselves.  Sad truth.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #501 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
Dethalbum III is out. It is amazing, as I and II before it were.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #502 on: October 11, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »
First one was boring.  Never bothered with the others.  That show was disappointing.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2012, 04:38:01 AM »
I bought an e-cigarette kit to use to ween myself off regular cigarettes.  Basically, it is about the same size and shape as a real cigarette, and when you take a drag from it, you are inhaling mostly water vapor.  It has nicotine and feels very similar to smoke, but does not really taste the same.  I still smoke cigarettes, but I am smoking fewer real cigarettes every day.  This is the kit I bought, but I got the white version which looks more like a real cigarette.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2012, 06:28:07 AM »
First one was boring.  Never bothered with the others.  That show was disappointing.

To each their own, I suppose.

rooster

« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2012, 06:57:33 AM »
I bought an e-cigarette kit to use to ween myself off regular cigarettes.  Basically, it is about the same size and shape as a real cigarette, and when you take a drag from it, you are inhaling mostly water vapor.  It has nicotine and feels very similar to smoke, but does not really taste the same.  I still smoke cigarettes, but I am smoking fewer real cigarettes every day.  This is the kit I bought, but I got the white version which looks more like a real cigarette.
A couple of people smoke those in A&A's office, which seems so weird to me. If they have nicotine, why still smoke cigarettes? Is it purely a taste thing?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
I've been thinking of trying those. Someone I know has used them to cut down to about 2 real cigarettes a day.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
If they have nicotine, why still smoke cigarettes? Is it purely a taste thing?

I think it is a psychological thing.  E-cigarettes are close to real cigarettes, but not exactly the same.  I am hoping to eventually completely quit. 

rooster

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
Tomorrow, A&A and I are going to Gatlinburg with my mum for a week. Hooray for vacations in the mountains!

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
Your "mum"?  Really?