A Friendly Chat

• 3523 Replies

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: A Friendly Chat
« Reply #330 on: July 03, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
And invite me. Cos well, I like parties.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »
Got doored by a taxi driver yesterday. Ouch. A good few scrapes and lumps (my right elbow looks like a bomb crater that's trying to heal itself), but I'm still in one piece. The bike is mostly okay, but the left shifter (the side he clipped me on) is thoroughly broken.

I hope you left a good dent in his door. >:(

Not sure. Was a bit too shaken to check. His door left me with a nice shifter-bill though. However, I have insurance, so hopefully it'll be okay.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

rooster

« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Got doored by a taxi driver yesterday. Ouch. A good few scrapes and lumps (my right elbow looks like a bomb crater that's trying to heal itself), but I'm still in one piece. The bike is mostly okay, but the left shifter (the side he clipped me on) is thoroughly broken.

I hope you left a good dent in his door. >:(

Not sure. Was a bit too shaken to check. His door left me with a nice shifter-bill though. However, I have insurance, so hopefully it'll be okay.
Being hit by a car has to be pretty scary. I hope you were wearing a helmet.
cock-a-doodle-doo

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »
It's very odd... 'scary' is almost the wrong word. I basically had mild shock, and it's an oddly unemotional thing. Your body just sort of reacts, and it's very physical - I felt buzzy and exhausted all at once. When I got home I told my girlfriend, have her a hug, and cried, but it was so strange. I wasn't sad at all, I just had to, for a few seconds. The chemicals were just lined up. I'm not ashamed of having a bit of a weep if I'm emotional, but this was very different. After that it was just 'Phew, well that could have been worse'.

As for the helmet... nope! In all honesty though, I had a long think about the whole helmet debate, and quite seriously... the evidence that is out there indicates that drivers give you more room if you're not wearing a helmet, and that they can aggravate a lot of injuries. It's also worth pointing out that they offer no protection at collision speeds - they're only tested for vertical drops from a given height. Nice if you fall off your bike, but if you're flung any distance... well, it's just foam. You're head is a lot stronger.

Anyway, all my scrapes were on my outer limits so to speak. My belt looks like I was sharpening knives with it. My bag is TOUGH AS NAILS though. I knew that when I bought it, but bloody hell - barely a mark, and it bore the brunt as I slid along the tarmac. They make some seriously tough nylon these days. Very future.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:02:55 PM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
I am glad you escaped serious injury. I wish that hadn't happened to you.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
The conspiracy is trying to kill you. Stay safe, Wilmore.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rooster

« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
:o I didn't even think about that!

It must have been pretty bad for shock to set in. I've been in a bad car wreck and have experienced it myself.

cock-a-doodle-doo

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »

It has happened before, after all:

A large man with fair hair wearing sunglasses and a dark coat approached me while I was in Gothenburg, grabbed me by the shoulder, and said in what seemed to be an eastern European accent, "We know who you're associating with; drop it". He then threw his cigarette at my feet and walked quickly away, around the corner. I should add this was in the city centre, at the bottom of Kungsportsavenyn where it meets ?stra Hamngatan, if anyone knows Gothenburg. I've lived in Sweden for several months on two separate occasions, and have a pretty good knowledge of their accent when speaking English- he definitely wasn't a local.

I was pretty shaken at first, because frankly, it was weird. In a bit of a haze I picked up the remains of his cigarette, which was only about half smoked. It had some writing on it in eastern characters- probably the brand or something, I don't know. Fitted with the accent though. I'm not involved in any weird activities- I am an upstanding citizen. I don't associate with anything even remotely subversive aside from fes.org & .net; I don't visit any other conspiracy sites or anything like that. This is the only thing he could have been referring to.

By the way, I'm not so self important to think that an agent of the conspiracy went out of his way to freak me out. Most likely this guy didn't even know what I was involved with. He was probably just some goon who got my picture and a message to deliver. Personally I think it's because I associate with the .net team; Dogplatter and Username were the people referenced in the BBC link. DP is also talking about organising real world protests, so their ideas about promoting FET are a little more 'in your face', and possibly considered more dangerous.

I don't know. I never really believed that the conspiracy would attempt to do anything to involve itself in this place, because ti didn't make sense, but now I don't know that I can come to any other conclusion.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
Damn, very sorry to hear that. Glad to know you're okay.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

It has happened before, after all:

A large man with fair hair wearing sunglasses and a dark coat approached me while I was in Gothenburg, grabbed me by the shoulder, and said in what seemed to be an eastern European accent, "We know who you're associating with; drop it". He then threw his cigarette at my feet and walked quickly away, around the corner. I should add this was in the city centre, at the bottom of Kungsportsavenyn where it meets ?stra Hamngatan, if anyone knows Gothenburg. I've lived in Sweden for several months on two separate occasions, and have a pretty good knowledge of their accent when speaking English- he definitely wasn't a local.

I was pretty shaken at first, because frankly, it was weird. In a bit of a haze I picked up the remains of his cigarette, which was only about half smoked. It had some writing on it in eastern characters- probably the brand or something, I don't know. Fitted with the accent though. I'm not involved in any weird activities- I am an upstanding citizen. I don't associate with anything even remotely subversive aside from fes.org & .net; I don't visit any other conspiracy sites or anything like that. This is the only thing he could have been referring to.

By the way, I'm not so self important to think that an agent of the conspiracy went out of his way to freak me out. Most likely this guy didn't even know what I was involved with. He was probably just some goon who got my picture and a message to deliver. Personally I think it's because I associate with the .net team; Dogplatter and Username were the people referenced in the BBC link. DP is also talking about organising real world protests, so their ideas about promoting FET are a little more 'in your face', and possibly considered more dangerous.

I don't know. I never really believed that the conspiracy would attempt to do anything to involve itself in this place, because ti didn't make sense, but now I don't know that I can come to any other conclusion.

That was very different. Not very physical, just really paranoia inducing. It was a really odd month... just weird looking back.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
Sue the negligent sumbitch!

Also glad you're OK, Wilmore.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #341 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
Hey Gayer, can you recommend me some of your favorite gluten-free recipes?  Thanks!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #342 on: July 09, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »
I lost all my best recipes :( What kind of thing, like a cake or something?
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

EnigmaZV

« Reply #343 on: July 09, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
Hey Gayer, can you recommend me some of your favorite gluten-free recipes?  Thanks!

I know a good recipe for a gluten free steak.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #344 on: July 09, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
And, I make gluten free steamed Kale.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

I dunno, my girlfriend is trying some gluten-free diet so I, by association, am trying some gluten-free diet. Just wondering if you had any favorites I had to try.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »

I dunno, my girlfriend is trying some gluten-free diet so I, by association, am trying some gluten-free diet. Just wondering if you had any favorites I had to try.

You poor poor man :(

My gluten free pizza rolls were pretty popular

Dough: (I use the dough cycle on the bread machine but I'm sure it'll work the same by hand. And you don't need to knead gluten free dough much at all so easier than making real pizza dough)
300ml water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Three quarters teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
450g flour
1 tablespoon psyllium husk (not essential but it really helps the dough be moar normal-like)
1 teaspoons Xanthan gum (again not essential but it sort of replaces the gluten so makes the dough much much better than without)
1 pack dried yeast (11g)

Make it into a dough and leave to rise for a bit, doesn't really rise much though so don't worry if it doesn't seem to do much.

Then roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread on a little pizza sauce and some toppings and cheese. Keep it a thin layer so it rolls easier. Roll it up and cut slices. Put it in the oven 225C for about 10 minutes.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2012, 01:12:13 AM »
I might pass that on to my babby's aunt.  She's got coeliac too :C
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2012, 01:29:46 AM »
Groovy. Even the non-coeliacs loved them. I think I might have to make some moar soon actually, when I get monies to buy ingredients.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

You poor poor man :(

My gluten free pizza rolls were pretty popular

Dough: (I use the dough cycle on the bread machine but I'm sure it'll work the same by hand. And you don't need to knead gluten free dough much at all so easier than making real pizza dough)
300ml water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Three quarters teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
450g flour
1 tablespoon psyllium husk (not essential but it really helps the dough be moar normal-like)
1 teaspoons Xanthan gum (again not essential but it sort of replaces the gluten so makes the dough much much better than without)
1 pack dried yeast (11g)

Make it into a dough and leave to rise for a bit, doesn't really rise much though so don't worry if it doesn't seem to do much.

Then roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread on a little pizza sauce and some toppings and cheese. Keep it a thin layer so it rolls easier. Roll it up and cut slices. Put it in the oven 225C for about 10 minutes.

This is in the oven now.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #350 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »
Hope it turns out good!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #351 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:07 AM »
We used some kind of almond flour for the dough, it lacked something to be desired. But overall, it was fantastic and I look forward to the leftovers.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #352 on: July 12, 2012, 02:12:09 AM »
Ah yeah almond flour would make it a bit weird. You want to use a mix of flours really.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
>having a good day, listening to Soundtracks of the Blind and browsing the FES, eating pizza
>bites into pizza
>everything becomes a blur for a moment as I grab my mouth and fall off the chair, pizza flipping over
>spend the next five minutes writhing around in pain
>spend fifteen after that staring at my tooth in the mirror while trying to deal with pain

Well, looks like I really need a dentist appointment. Let's hope we don't end up in debt!
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
What happened to your tooth?

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
I'm guessing it's a cavity. I've never had one before, so I've nothing to compare it to. But it's a hole in my tooth and it hurts like fuckafdksfjsa.

Plus my wisdom teeth are starting to come in and those have been starting to hurt lately, so it was only a matter of time before I ended up needing a trip anyway. Blargh.

I have no idea how bad an idea it is to take a couple of painkiller/sleep aid pills only two hours after taking two just-painkiller ones, but I am near the point where I don't care just stop this pain please.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:32:46 PM by Supertails »
Recently listened to:

rooster

« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
I'm guessing it's a cavity. I've never had one before, so I've nothing to compare it to. But it's a hole in my tooth and it hurts like fuckafdksfjsa.

Plus my wisdom teeth are starting to come in and those have been starting to hurt lately, so it was only a matter of time before I ended up needing a trip anyway. Blargh.

I have no idea how bad an idea it is to take a couple of painkiller/sleep aid pills only two hours after taking two just-painkiller ones, but I am near the point where I don't care just stop this pain please.
I think a cavity is a safe bet. I have 4 fillings and I've had my wisdom teeth removed (from the jaw). Getting those removed really isn't that painful, the only thing that sucked was the stiffness in my jaw. I could only eat yogurt and apple sauce for like 3 days.
cock-a-doodle-doo

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
When my wisdom teeth were removed, there were complications and my jaws were in agony for weeks afterward.  I spent the whole time lying around my house taking Vicodin.  I even grew a beard, because it hurt to shave.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
All the tales of wisdom teeth pain does not have me very thrilled to get them taken out. But honestly, I don't care as long as it means my mouth not randomly hurting so much of the time. And I can say without a doubt I've been through worse. Surgery is not fun.

How bad is getting cavities taken care of?
Recently listened to:

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
>having a good day, listening to Soundtracks of the Blind and browsing the FES, eating pizza
>bites into pizza
>everything becomes a blur for a moment as I grab my mouth and fall off the chair, pizza flipping over
>spend the next five minutes writhing around in pain
>spend fifteen after that staring at my tooth in the mirror while trying to deal with pain

Well, looks like I really need a dentist appointment. Let's hope we don't end up in debt!

That might have just been the Swans effect.

Also, don't worry too much if it's a cavity. You won't feel a thing under anesthetics and it wears off pretty quickly.