The US makes terrible food

• 150 Replies
?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
Re: The US makes terrible food
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 01:45:23 AM »
How fat are you much do you weigh, Irushwithscvs?

145, if you didn't know by now, I'm in the Air Force, it is literally illegal for me to get fat.

I was in the army for 5 years. Deployed twice. How long have you been in for?
Only about 18 months now.

Thanks for serving, both of you.

I was planning on doing ROTC, but I am not strong enough to make that sacrifice.  Maybe I have too much to lose.  Regardless I plan on joining LAPD, perhaps SWAT, because I can still go home every night.  But I do appreciate those who cannot do the same, so thanks.

Thanks. I wanted to do ROTC but I ended up enlisting. After seeing the real difference between enlisted/officer I am actually glad I didn't go officer. That, and most ROTC cadets are now being denied active duty commissions.

Really?  Is it because of the terrible economy and the desire for a job?

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 05:33:51 AM »
. That, and most ROTC cadets are now being denied active duty commissions.
WTF? Must be an Air force thing?
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
Not necessarily.  When I was in the Marine Corps, junior officers were often active duty reservists who were trying to get augmented into the regular Marine Corps.  Those who didn't wound up reverting to normal reserve status.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
US army food is terrible.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
U.S.A. has the best steaks.

http://www.ruthschris.com/Menu/Signature-Steaks

I've been there 3 times, absolutely one of the best meals you will ever have.  You pay for it though.  Two people with a bottle of wine an an appetizer will easily get up to $200.

When my friend got her masters, we went with a group of 8 and our bill was over $1000.

Rushy

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years and I have seen plenty of Airmen who were a little pudgy in the midsection, whether it was illegal or not.  I have also seen more than my share of Seamen with a similar condition.  And, I will admit that I have seen Marines who where considered overweight.   

What is the Air Force PFT?  I only know the Marine and Army tests.

Push-ups, situps, and a 1.5 mile run. There is an ab circumference test as well but I am not very familiar with it (because I'm not at a point where it is necessary to pay attention to its value)

I will admit I've seen some overweight Airmen, but they're certainly not fat.

Maybe, all I know is the Air Force is having massive draw downs. Our staff MX captain recently got paid a hefty sum to separate early. Obama is taking a battleaxe to the DoD and it really shows when you're on the wrong end of it.

Really?  Is it because of the terrible economy and the desire for a job?

The economy, mainly. See I had a college fund that consisted mainly of my parent's money. Things took a bad turn when my father's commission wasn't paying out. That college money disappeared. Rather than be up to my eyeballs in debt, I enlisted, thinking I could utilize one of the bootstrap programs, which by the way are "suspended indefinitely."

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 09:10:06 PM »
Gotta love how well America treats its soldiers and veterans

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »

I've been there 3 times, absolutely one of the best meals you will ever have.  You pay for it though.  Two people with a bottle of wine an an appetizer will easily get up to $200.

When my friend got her masters, we went with a group of 8 and our bill was over $1000.
Pity you guys are more famous for hot dogs. Hmmm, love those carcinogenic nitrates and nitrites.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
Yes, with terrible food.

Rushy

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Yes, with terrible food.

Oh right, I forgot to mention they shut down our Dining Facility as well.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »

Pity you guys are more famous for hot dogs. Hmmm, love those carcinogenic nitrates and nitrites.

Meh, nitrates aren't that bad for you. Ammonium is the bad nitrogenous compound (as in, the stuff we feed our children). Nitrates just sound scary.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »
Unless you're talking about fertilizer, in which case nitrates can fuck right off

Tausami
Avid limnologist

rooster

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »

Yes, well England is known for fish and chips (mmmm?) and Australia is known for... shrimp on the barbie? And Fairy Bread (lulz), which is one of the lamest desserts ever. I'm not sure you've got much to brag about.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »

Yes, well England is known for fish and chips (mmmm?) and Australia is known for... shrimp on the barbie? And Fairy Bread (lulz), which is one of the lamest desserts ever. I'm not sure you've got much to brag about.

They're called prawns, you redneck.

Australia is known for this shit:

Rushy

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »

If Australia was known for it, wouldn't we have known about it?

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:11 PM »

You do know about it.

Rushy

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »

You do know about it.

But, it wasn't known to me and therefore Australia must not be known for it.

rooster

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

They're called prawns, you redneck.

It's a reference to a movie you ignorant, dirty, Aussie.

I've never heard of that shit.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »

One thing is for sure; both Australia and England love the US fast food and the chains are now over here. We are all becoming terrible. And obese.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »
I've never heard of that shit.
You folks have Marmite. Very similar.

Rushy

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
One thing is for sure; both Australia and England love the US fast food and the chains are now over here. We are all becoming terrible. And obese.

The plan is in motion and it has so far been a complete success.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »
Britain has excellent food. He who has never had bacon and cheese oatcakes has never truly lived.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 02:41:28 AM »
I like "Dennys" breakfasts. I go there  when I'm in Canada. I think it's an American chain. Much better than Tim Hortons.

Saying that, English bacon and sausages are still the best.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 03:38:08 AM »
English bacon is the best. I miss it :(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »

Watch it Marcus. I was in Ruth Chris while it was shut down for an emergency. I was walkinh through the kitchen with the manager. There were filet mignon steaks sitting on the counter and the manager asked us if we wanted them before the rats got them. True story.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »
It appears to be impossible to buy milk in the USA that has neither had something added to it (vitamin D, titanium dioxide etc) nor had something taken out (skimmed, semi skimmed).
At least in the rest of the world you can buy Milk, the whole milk, and nothing but the milk.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 07:08:22 AM »
In my experience of eating out across the Atlantic, they don"t appear to know what uegetables are  :(

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »
I can't believe you guys have never heard of Vegemite. He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »
I can't believe you guys have never heard of Vegemite. He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

Cocaine, it's a helluva drug.

Also baconator for the win.  All other foods are inferior to it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »

Cocaine, it's a helluva drug.

Not my favorite!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.