Just curious...

• 106 Replies
Just curious...
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:47:04 PM »
Assuming all of the arguments supporting flat earth theory are true, and that it actually is a government conspiracy, that still leaves me with one question... Why would the government want to cover it up? What do they have to gain? Sorry if I missed it, I didn't see that questions answered in the FAQ.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Just curious...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
Moved.  Discussions about the Conspiracy go in FE General.

To answer your question, the general view is that the government as a whole is not involved.  NASA/ the world space agencies are pulling the coverup.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »
In that case, what do the space agencies have to gain?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:18:35 PM »

The basic view is that NASA tried to go into space, but it was too difficult.  So it began to fake the space program to maintain funding.

NASA and the rest of the world believed the earth was round, and so it depicts the world this way in its faked photos.

So the motive is money.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »

The basic view is that NASA tried to go into space, but it was too difficult.  So it began to fake the space program to maintain funding.

NASA and the rest of the world believed the earth was round, and so it depicts the world this way in its faked photos.

So the motive is money.

This is the correct answer. Thank you for following the discussions. So many others jump on the "NASA is hiding the shape of the earth" nonsense.

The truth, of course, is that NASA does not know the true shape of the earth, as they are running a phony space program.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:59:25 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »

So the motive is money.

This is the correct answer. Thank you for following the discussions. So many others jump on the "NASA is hiding the shape of the earth" nonsense.

The truth, of course, is that NASA does not know the true shape of the earth, as they are running a phony space program.

And they're lying about satellites, manipulating navigation systems, hiding the existence of ultra-fast two-way jet streams in the southern hemisphere, and colluding with the NSF to fake the existence of retroreflectors on the moon.

That's it, though, seriously!  Totally believable.  And nothing else will be added to this list as soon as Tom Bishop and Co. can't explain something else.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »

So the motive is money.

Yes, yes, OrbisNonSufficint is indeed correct. These posts are so refreshing to see.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »

the truth
the real facts about a situation, event or person

Tom, what facts (real or imagined) demonstrate that NASA does not know the true shape of the earth?
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:44:06 AM »
Almost seems like it would cost just about as much to pull off a coverup of that magnitude as it would to try to go into space... Things like building towers to fake navigation systems and other technological necessities would surely cost well into the billions. If they really couldn't get into space, they are simply just using all this to delay their demise, because a coverup of such a large scale couldn't possibly last forever. Doesn't make much sense to fake the world into thinking the planet is round while raking in money to keep trying to get into space when they can never actually get there.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »

So the motive is money.

Tom is right, except that the vast majority of NASA thinks its round. THey arent trying to hide anything, they are just wrong.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »

So the motive is money.

Tom is right, except that the vast majority of NASA thinks its round. THey arent trying to hide anything, they are just wrong.

If small minority of NASA know the earth is flat, then Tom is wrong.  Either way he's lying because he does not know.

I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
if you worked at nasa and believed in disc earth theory, would you be very public about it.
i do believe however more and more Zetetics are working for NASA and very soon the truth will be revealed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
if you worked at nasa and believed in disc earth theory, would you be very public about it.
i do believe however more and more Zetetics are working for NASA and very soon the truth will be revealed.

???  If you believed that the earth is flat, then why would you work for NASA in the first place?  Are you saying that Zetetics are knowingly participating in the NASA fraud?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
All things considered, I think the probability of NASA and the rest of the planet being dead wrong about the shape of the earth is a lot lower than the probability that it is a coverup conspiracy.

Does FES have a media presence? As in, is there a spokesperson for flat earth theory making their opinions known to alert the masses?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
Almost seems like it would cost just about as much to pull off a coverup of that magnitude as it would to try to go into space... Things like building towers to fake navigation systems and other technological necessities would surely cost well into the billions. If they really couldn't get into space, they are simply just using all this to delay their demise, because a coverup of such a large scale couldn't possibly last forever. Doesn't make much sense to fake the world into thinking the planet is round while raking in money to keep trying to get into space when they can never actually get there.

Yeah its not really plausible.  My biggest issue the process by which new NASA executives become involved, and who exactly is involved in the conspiracy.  The more you look at it, the more you realize that the Top executives have to be incredible geniuses to predict what they need to do.  It is one thing to tell an artist to come up with a rendition of what they think mercury would look like, its another to keep an entire group of artists quite when you put forth their example as reality.

My professor Jean Brodie does research into globular clusters, and has examined thousands of NASA photos.  My other professor Sandra Faber has examined 50,000 photos of distant galaxies, taken by various telescopes including Hubble.  There are many famous Hubble photographs, and many famous photographs from space, and their descriptions usually do not say "and artists rendition" or at least they do not always say that, which means those artists need to be paid off.

Not to mention we have internal government forces designed to regulate fraud.  It is difficult to take extra taxpayer money in our government.  Its easy to accept money from corporations and people who run them when you should not.  It is easy to lie in office.  Its easy to do another of other fraudulent activities, but it is difficult for individuals to actually steal more money.  The salary of NASA employees is a matter of public record.  Where NASA spent its money is a matter of public record.  When they slip up and do not know where a small percentage of their budget has gone, the government investigates it thoroughly.

It is just to hard for me to believe that everyone for the past 50/60 odd years has had a price.

Then you have the problem of astronauts.  They are all in on the conspiracy, so they all need to be paid off.  And you have to cross your fingers that they are all so loyal as to not release such a grand secret on their deathbed.

It just seems like you need to accept a lot less if the earth was simply round.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
Does FES have a media presence? As in, is there a spokesperson for flat earth theory making their opinions known to alert the masses?

Daniel is our spokesman.  He's done several interviews.  He has press releases and a regular feed on Twitter.

John and James have also been very vocal.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »

???  If you believed that the earth is flat, then why would you work for NASA in the first place?  Are you saying that Zetetics are knowingly participating in the NASA fraud?

It is my understanding that many of us are unwitting pawns in the conspiracy.  If you work at Nextel or NASA, what's the difference?  You are still inadvertently aiding to spread Round Earth mistruths.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »

It is my understanding that many of us are unwitting pawns in the conspiracy.  If you work at Nextel or NASA, what's the difference?  You are still inadvertently aiding to spread Round Earth mistruths.

If you know that the earth is flat and work for an entity that actively promotes globularism, then there is nothing inadvertent about about your collusion with the enemy.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
It certainly seems to me, having worked on big projects in the past, that they would be spending far more money maintaining such a conspiracy than they could ever gain from the relatively paltry budgets space agencies get.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
If you know that the earth is flat and work for an entity that actively promotes globularism, then there is nothing inadvertent about about your collusion with the enemy.

Agreed.  However, I didn't mean "us" as in Flat Earthers, I meant "us" as in people of the world.  So what I should have said was, "Many of the people of the world are unwitting pawns and are inadvertently spreading Round Earth mistruths.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »

I run our Twitter feed, and as Roundy has said, Daniel, James and John have all made themselves available for interviews.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Thork

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
For those that don't have my austistic memory for every post I ever read, this user has been here before and was less than polite. He is also using an alt ... a bammable offense.

Yeah I added something to my post. Is that a crime?
 I'm more interested of when you told me who your media correspondents are. When did you do this? You have not PM'd them to me and it's not on the only other thread I have here so tell me right here, right now.
 I can also tell that it's not enough that I only comment on my own threads. You no doubt plan on banning me very soon because you are too much of a coward to come on radio an get owned.

My drivel coward? This cult is so weak... Put those media correspondents down here so I can contact them coward.

Its a crappy little radio station and the host is bearly able to string a sentence together, let alone perform an in depth interview worthy of our esteemed society.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
For those that don't have my austistic memory for every post I ever read, this user has been here before and was less than polite. He is also using an alt ... a bammable offense.

Yeah I added something to my post. Is that a crime?
 I'm more interested of when you told me who your media correspondents are. When did you do this? You have not PM'd them to me and it's not on the only other thread I have here so tell me right here, right now.
 I can also tell that it's not enough that I only comment on my own threads. You no doubt plan on banning me very soon because you are too much of a coward to come on radio an get owned.

My drivel coward? This cult is so weak... Put those media correspondents down here so I can contact them coward.

Its a crappy little radio station and the host is bearly able to string a sentence together, let alone perform an in depth interview worthy of our esteemed society.

Yeah, there's no way two different people could both possibly use the word iconoclast in their usernames.  Good detective work, Thork.

Although honestly, yes, it does seem like the same person.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:54:35 PM by Cat Earth Theory »
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

?

GoldenLily

• A rose remains the same no matter what you call it
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
Wouldn't it also a cost a lot of money to fake satellites and GPS and launches?
Differences make people interesting.

?

Thork

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »
Yeah, there's no way two different people could both possibly use the word iconoclast in their usernames.  Good detective work, Thork.

Well he wants the same thing. An appearance on his radio show so he can 'own' someone. He might have gotten one the first time if he hadn't revealed himself to be such a tool.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »

Well he wants the same thing. An appearance on his radio show. He might have gotten one the first time if he hadn't revealed himself to be such a tool.

I actually legitimately agree with you and edited and my post to reflect that.

?

Thork

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »

Well he wants the same thing. An appearance on his radio show. He might have gotten one the first time if he hadn't revealed himself to be such a tool.

I actually legitimately agree with you and edited and my post to reflect that.
I would also like you to note how I didn't crash the forum for everyone searching for his last post. I just used some filters.

Yes ... Mr Iconoclastradio. One of the many furious noobs.
Call me up dumb ass. 302-566-1943.
Google is not Websters stupid. A cult is a group that lives by a belief system. The same as religion stupid. The onlyy deference is one is a sanctioned  cult the other has not been. If you have anything else to say on this topic call me or fuck off.
Super nice guy into the bargain.::)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:02:50 PM by Thork »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

Yes, but faking them would only cost a fraction of the price, leaving loads of money for the conspirators.

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
Lol, no that other screen name isn't me. I came across this site for the first time last week. I was just asking a few questions that your FAQ didn't answer, and the media thing was one of them. I hadn't heard about this until recently so that's why I asked the question.

As Orbis said, the amount of money needed to pay people off to keep the issue quiet would also be massive. If the conspiracy's motivation here were really money, it seems like the net gain would be negative due to the huge cost of covering up the facts. But assuming that NASA and the government were somehow able to turn a quick buck using profits from the scheme, where would they be trying to spend it? No party of conspirators goes to great lengths like these just to fatten up their bank accounts.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 03:13:55 AM »

Yes, but faking them would only cost a fraction of the price, leaving loads of money for the conspirators.
Evidence?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards