Enough Beating around the bush

• 75 Replies
Enough Beating around the bush
« on: March 03, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
I have yet to see a solid piece of evidence proving your theory, all I have seen is people who can type half of a page about the wording or grammar of the post, so please just give my some solid evidence of this flat earth.
Why that's preposterous my good man!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Enough Beating around the bush
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
Have you absorbed the information in Tom Bishop's signature-links?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
I have yet to see a solid piece of evidence proving your theory, all I have seen is people who can type half of a page about the wording or grammar of the post, so please just give my some solid evidence of this flat earth.
Look out your window.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
Look out your window.
Okay. Why do you suggest that? Are you arguing something in the least bit relevant?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
Look out your window.

I see trees, a parking lot, and a cloudy sky.  Now what?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
Look out your window.

I see exactly what I'd expect on a giant sphere, due to a sharp horizon with objects like the sun and moon being obscured by it. Not what you would expect to see on a flat plane. The earth does not look flat.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

I'm not sure about other posters you have encountered, but I assure you that I have beaten no bushes or around them for that matter.

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »

I'm not sure about other posters you have encountered, but I assure you that I have beaten no bushes or around them for that matter.

I see what you did there, cool story bro, how about a quality post retorting his comment?

Look out your window your five senses are the supreme beings of understanding the truth of the universe around you, we can't see air so its obviously not there, we see in color so its obvious that objects in reality are colored and their colors arent based off the reflected light that goes into and get processed by our eyes.

Look outside and the world look flat therefore it is flat. As Bill O'Rielly would say to RE'rs: You can't explain that!

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »

I see what you did there, cool story bro, how about a quality post retorting his comment?

Look out your window your five senses are the supreme beings of understanding the truth of the universe around you, we can't see air so its obviously not there, we see in color so its obvious that objects in reality are colored and their colors arent based off the reflected light that goes into and get processed by our eyes.

Look outside and the world look flat therefore it is flat. As Bill O'Rielly would say to RE'rs: You can't explain that!

Stop with the "it looks flat" phrase, because it doesn't. If it looked flat it would not ever have a sharp horizon and celestial objects would not be obscured by the horizon. It doesn't even look f*cking flat. The horizon prevents it from having the appearance of a flat plane. Anyone who babbles "it looks flat" ought to compare it with any other flat surface and note the difference in appearance.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »
Bedford.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
Bedford.

Which experiments?  Just the ones you agree with?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
Bedford.

All of the ones that weren't faked. Rowbotham, Blount, Daniel.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
Bedford.

So just the ones you agree with. Got it.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
Bedford.

Right. All of the one's that weren't obviously fake support FET. What a coincidence.

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
Bedford.

Right. All of the one's that weren't obviously fake support FET. What a coincidence.
Correction. All the ones that you say you think weren't obviously fake. Big difference. Please be honest.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »
Bedford.

Lol, how predictable.  Unless you have some actual proof that they were faked, the Bedford Level isn't evidence.

What's mysterious to me is that the Rowbotham/Blount experiments are fairly easy to do, so why haven't the results been reproduced?  If the earth is truly flat it should be quite easy to get the same results in any other slow-moving body of water.  It would clear things up so nicely.  We wouldn't have to have all these arguments over who cheated and who didn't over a hundred years ago.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
Bedford.

Correction. All the ones that you say you think weren't obviously fake. Big difference. Please be honest.

If you consider the Hampden/Wallace trial to have been evidence of RET, you must truly be desperate. And Oldham was his only witness as he took his pictures (which have yet to be produced by an RE'er, I might add) where Rowbotham and Blount had plenty. If this were a court case, I think we all know who would win.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »
Bedford.

Lol, how predictable.  Unless you have some actual proof that they were faked, the Bedford Level isn't evidence.

What's mysterious to me is that the Rowbotham/Blount experiments are fairly easy to do, so why haven't the results been reproduced?  If the earth is truly flat it should be quite easy to get the same results in any other slow-moving body of water.  It would clear things up so nicely.  We wouldn't have to have all these arguments over who cheated and who didn't over a hundred years ago.

Daniel Shenton, our president, performed it successfully a couple of years ago. If I'm ever in the area, I'll do it myself.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
Bedford.

Daniel Shenton, our president, performed it successfully a couple of years ago. If I'm ever in the area, I'll do it myself.

Did he take any pictures?  Is there a link where I could learn more about it?

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Ah, I think I found the right thread:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31522.0

edit: Just read the whole thread.... and nothing :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:14:51 PM by Cat Earth Theory »

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Bedford.

Did he take any pictures?  Is there a link where I could learn more about it?
Considering that the original river-based canal hasn't existed for years, you might want to give Ts an easier task first: show us a picture of the river involved. Then tell us the reason we should expect a river to be level to the RE surface. Then show us a photo better than this counter-example.

Reference: http://www.orcawatcher.com/2011/01/niagara-falls.html

Ah, I think I found the right thread:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31522.0
Yep, that looks like the failure. Isn't odd that Ts claims it's a success?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »

The city is obviously being obscured by the waves.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
Yep, that looks like the failure. Isn't odd that Ts claims it's a success?

Yeah, I don't see any results in that thread.  I wonder why?

Maybe there are more pictures on facebook, but I don't have access.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

It's not obvious to me.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rushy

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »

It's not obvious to me.

We are all aware of your handicapped perception abilities, Markjo. It is not necessary to admit them in every thread.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

It's not obvious to me.

We are all aware of your handicapped perception abilities, Markjo. It is not necessary to admit them in every thread.

Please refrain from personal attacks.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »

It's not obvious to me.

Are you honestly saying that you don't see the waves on the horizon in that image?

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »

It's not obvious to me.

Are you honestly saying that you don't see the waves on the horizon in that image?

Are these waves 20 feet high?

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

It's not obvious to me.

What does seeing the waves on the horizon have to do with your outlandish claim that the city is obviously being obscured by the waves? Are you saying that only the waves are obscuring the missing part of the Toronto skyline?

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
Bedford.

So essentially all of the people that misinterpreted Bedford's experiments?
Why that's preposterous my good man!