astrological scociety

• 9 Replies
?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
astrological scociety
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
i was watching tv today and they said the oldest astrological scociety in the uk (or world, didnt quite catch it) was the liverpool astrological society. im just wondering if the fes classed itself as an astrological society because im sure the society out dates the liverpool astrological society.

Rushy

Re: astrological scociety
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
We're more of a geodetic society than an astrological one, though I suppose we do deal with both simultaneously.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
We're more of a zetetic society than an astrological one, though I suppose we do deal with both simultaneously.
Fixed.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:02:40 AM »
We're more of a zetetic society than an astrological one, though I suppose we do deal with both simultaneously.
Fixed.

Zeteticism is a procedural set rather than a study set. The thread was leaning towards the latter.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
from sacred texts:

Zetetic Astronomy
Earth Not a Globe
by Parallax (Samuel Birley Rowbotham)
[1881]

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
from sacred texts:

Zetetic Astronomy
Earth Not a Globe
[1881]

Your point? He is describing the procedure (Zeteticism) he used for the study set (Astronomy). He also, however, covered geodeticism in that book.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »
I have to agree with Irushwithscvs. Zeteticism is a methodology rather than a field.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
from sacred texts:

Zetetic Astronomy
Earth Not a Globe
[1881]

Astronomy and astrology are not the same thing, you know.

?

areyouguysserious

• The Earth Is Flat - True Story
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
I agree. The two are only superficially related. Also I don't think Flat Earth (geodesic) and astrology (or astronomy) are related at all. Unless of course when you point out how astronomy helps to disprove the earth being flat. (see: celestial gears)
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »
from sacred texts:

Zetetic Astronomy
Earth Not a Globe
[1881]

Astronomy and astrology are not the same thing, you know.

oh ok thanks. i wasnt trying to make a point either. i was just wondering if angry letters should be sent to the BBC for thier ignorance. but its become clear that the fes do not see themselves as an astrological society.
btw did anybody notice the scorce for dan's latest paperwork on the homepage? i thought it was quite funny.