Curious Penguin Discussion

• 4 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Curious Penguin Discussion
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »
Recently came across this and thought it be of note to some of those here.

http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2012/02/29/scientists_reconstruct_long_extinct_giant_penguin/
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
Re: Curious Penguin Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:16 AM »
Interesting, but It is not of note to me.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »
I had thought this might spark some interest in James and those who like Shenton question Penguins.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »
I too wondered what James' views on the subject are, but he's been little more than in and out of late.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:56 AM »
I believe the discovery of a fossil "penguin" only serves to highlight some major problems in the field of cladistics.  The notion that the animal which once inhabited the skeleton in question is related to a particular modern subset of animals is highly speculative on the part of the scientists who have discovered it.  I think it is more appropriate to classify this animal as a dinosaur than as a penguin.  Based on the images provided, it shares many characteristics with dinosaurs.  The crux of my argument, perhaps, is that we ought to be wary of conventional cladistics in dealing with the corpses of long extinguished beasts.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901