Let's talk about UA, and parachutes

• 10 Replies
?

areyouguysserious

• The Earth Is Flat - True Story
Let's talk about UA, and parachutes
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
I've been skydiving before. Have any of you? If not you should try it, teh free fall is exhilarating and there is a great sense of peace while drifting downwards beneath your open parachute. Hold on a minute, UA states that the earth accelerates at 9.8m/s/s!!! So if that is the case, then how come when my parachute opens the earth doesn't continue to rush up at it's great speed and smush me flat?! Also if the earth is rushing upwards at me in free fall rather than me rushing downwards towards it due to gravity, why does the wind rush at me with such intensity?

I guess you're just going to say something about air resistance and the air is being pushed upwards with the earth due to UA or some kind of baloney, I just want the official flat earth answer.
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
Re: Let's talk about UA, and parachutes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »
I understand it's a lot of work, but please try and read all of the FAQ before posting. Or, alternatively, look up the Equivalence principle.

Rushy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »
I guess you're just going to say something about air resistance and the air is being pushed upwards with the earth due to UA or some kind of baloney, I just want the official flat earth answer.

If you already knew the answer, why did you ask?

?

areyouguysserious

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
It occurred to me as I was typing that that would be the answer. I just finished it out anyways to see what people would say.
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
I understand it's a lot of work, but please try and read all of the FAQ before posting. Or, alternatively, look up the Equivalence principle.

I think you should look up the equivalence principle. It helps to disprove UA. But of course, most of you FE'ers only think you know what the equivalence principle says, not what it actually does.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Tgor

• Universe Accelerator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

Why dont you update the FAQ then?
I dont care what you think as long as it's about me.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »

Why dont you update the FAQ then?

They keep the FAQ purposely full of crap so they don't have to answer questions in any way that makes sense. The FAQ is merely a delaying tactic to make newbies more outraged at the FET idea. Then the FE'ers come along and go "oh no, the FAQ" is wrong" and propose a slightly less silly (but still wrong) idea which looks sensible simply by contrast.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
We have no power over the FAQ. It is impossible to alter it with current technology.

?

areyouguysserious

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
Just like it's impossible to alter flat earth theory with modern technology.

. o O (Irony)

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
We have no power over the FAQ. It is impossible to alter it with current technology.
I'd give that excuse as about as much credit as "the dog ate your homework".

You can easily create a new FAQ as several posts in a new thread. Maybe Lord Wilmore will even sticky it if you do well.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

I am not allowed to make accusations about Thork's seriousness. But if I could, I would.