Earth is straight or sloped?

• 46 Replies
?

areyouguysserious

• The Earth Is Flat - True Story
Re: Earth is straight or sloped?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »
It would be like me saying that there are poor fossils in the area of whale development so the entire theory of evolution should be scrubbed. This is, of course, silly.

Evolution is a theory, not a fact, much like flat earth is a theory, not a fact. Round earth is not a theory, it is a fact, proven, tested and demonstrated time and time again for thousands of years. Even the ancient greeks new the earth was round. Europeans in the dark ages thought it was flat because the Catholic church repressed any and all knowledge so they could keep their stranglehold on the masses.

Narcberry is doing a wonderful job of avoiding The Knowledge's points that an object cannot accelerate at varying speeds simultaneously without tearing apart. This is a fact and it cannot be argued. Therefore we can conclude that UA is a false theory, and a ridiculous one at that.
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
Would you agree that gravity is also a theory, not a fact? (I would)

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
Would you agree that gravity is also a theory, not a fact? (I would)

Gravity is a theory which (to date) fits all observational data which can be cross checked.
UA is a theory which (to date) fits some observational data badly, and other observational data not at all.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
Please give an explanation of how Chile is accelerating faster than India all the time without their relative altitude changing.
On a round earth, how would that work? The distance to the core would be relatively equivalent for those countries. The data doesn't exactly fit with RE, here.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
The distance to the core would be relatively equivalent for those countries.

Relative to what? Sea level?

Irrelative.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 08:12:18 AM »

Irrelative.
Alright, poor word usage. Roughly equivalent. Now please address the point.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »

Irrelative.
Did you consider the effect of the Earth's rotation?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

areyouguysserious

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »

Irrelative.

They're just going to deny the earth's rotation. What was that link you posted awhile back? To the experiment conclusively proving the earth's rotation involving a pendulum? Everybody seemed to ignore that one. Post it again, lets get some attention focused on it.
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »

Irrelative.

They're just going to deny the earth's rotation. What was that link you posted awhile back? To the experiment conclusively proving the earth's rotation involving a pendulum? Everybody seemed to ignore that one. Post it again, lets get some attention focused on it.
This is the usual link that I post on that topic: http://www.calacademy.org/products/pendulum/.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

areyouguysserious

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
Thanks. I'm going to make a thread about this.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »
Please give an explanation of how Chile is accelerating faster than India all the time without their relative altitude changing.
On a round earth, how would that work? The distance to the core would be relatively equivalent for those countries. The data doesn't exactly fit with RE, here.

Why are you taking this out of context - to try and confuse people? It means "[in the scenario of a flat earth accelerating under UA] Chile is accelerating faster than India all the time without their relative altitude changing."
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

zarg

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »

Irrelative.

I believe I just did address the point. Roughly equivalent is not equivalent. It makes a difference, especially when it's "rough" at a scale the size of Earth's radius.
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »

Irrelative.

I believe I just did address the point. Roughly equivalent is not equivalent. It makes a difference, especially when it's "rough" at a scale the size of Earth's radius.

Zarg, see above. You're arguing a point based on an out of context misquote.

zarg

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
I get that, but I assume he's saying that gravity should be the same in RET because the altitudes are the same.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »

Here's an image of measured gravity differences on earth.
Source: http://geophysics.eas.gatech.edu/classes/Geophysics/misc/Gravity.html

If UA is true, the areas on the red side of the spectrum are accelerating faster than areas on the blue side.  Over time, the redder areas would move up and up into the sky.

I'm no expert on this issue, but the lower gravity in southern India has been noted since at least 1976
edit:  Whoops, not a relevant link, let me try to find a better one.  http://www.bssaonline.org/content/66/5/1683.abstract
edit2:  Well, here's one from 1981, but unfortunately I don't have access to anything but the abstract  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0040195182901615

If these values stay stable over time, even a small difference like .5% in acceleration would start causing some big problems for the world.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:36:00 AM by Cat Earth Theory »
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »
Knowledge: the two answers for the question you incessantly ask have been told to you over and over again. Either gravity exists in amounts significantly smaller than in RET, or celestial objects exhibit an unknown force to cause it. Please do pay attention.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
Knowledge: the two answers for the question you incessantly ask have been told to you over and over again. Either gravity exists in amounts significantly smaller than in RET, or celestial objects exhibit an unknown force to cause it. Please do pay attention.

What the hell are you on about? The first excuse doesn't even make sense to me as a solution: and as for the second, "celestial objects do it" is no different from "God did it" without some sort of evidence or data, however slight, to back it up, which I have repeatedly asked for and which you nor anyone else has ever supplied. In fact, observations of celestial gravity actually support the theory that earth has it.
Until such time as you are able to explain how you know celestial objects cause this, it is not an explanation but a fobbing off, no better than appeal to religion. And as such, shall be treated as a non-explanation.