The Return of Angry Ranting

• 10 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
The Return of Angry Ranting
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »

Your mind etc.

Okay, so by popular demand, we are bringing back Angry Ranting. I am not a benevolent god. I am not a caring person. In my soul I am old and full of bitterness and spite. I do not understand this thing you call fun. But a lot of the mods are up for it, so I am relenting.

Now, I have ALL kinds of reservations about this, because I remain unconvinced Angry Ranting was a good thing. So though it's back, it's back with some 'ifs' and 'buts' (no laughing at the back):

1. It's going to be a hidden board like Complete Nonsense, and will be moderated in the same way. No biggy there I assume.

2. Its return is provisional. Specifically, I remain of the opinion that most Angry Rants posted in the upper boards were caused by Angry Ranting itself. Inside I am old. I hate the fun things you love. When I watch Rebel Without a Cause, I think "How do these sensible adults deal with these unreasonable, crazy kids? They're just so unreasonable and crazy!" My priority is the state of the upper boards. So if I see a noticable spike in the number of stupid rants posted 'upstairs', AR is gone. Boom. Poof. I don't care how much you like it. I will glory in its destruction, and use patronising phrases like "I'm taking your toys away" with unabashed glee.

But if things stay cool... it stays. So yeah, go nuts.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

theonlydann

• Official Member
Re: The Return of Angry Ranting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »
I am angry about this. Will you direct me to the proper place to rant?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »
Well, at least you're honest.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
OMG ANGRY RANTING, SQUEEEE!!!

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
isn;t there enough angry ranting in the forums? why do we need more?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
We don't need more angry ranting, we just needed a better home for it.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
All hail Lord Wilmore.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »
Cheesus is so wise I sometimes think he's my alt.
CheesusCrust is wise.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »

2. Its return is provisional. Specifically, I remain of the opinion that most Angry Rants posted in the upper boards were caused by Angry Ranting itself. Inside I am old. I hate the fun things you love. When I watch Rebel Without a Cause, I think "How do these sensible adults deal with these unreasonable, crazy kids? They're just so unreasonable and crazy!" My priority is the state of the upper boards. So if I see a noticable spike in the number of stupid rants posted 'upstairs', AR is gone. Boom. Poof. I don't care how much you like it. I will glory in its destruction, and use patronising phrases like "I'm taking your toys away" with unabashed glee.

I hope you keep in mind that with the return of people who actually take the FE side in the debates, the rate of angry rants may increase.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

areyouguysserious

• The Earth Is Flat - True Story
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 08:49:37 AM »

Your mind etc.

Okay, so by popular demand, we are bringing back Angry Ranting. I am not a benevolent god. I am not a caring person. In my soul I am old and full of bitterness and spite. I do not understand this thing you call fun. But a lot of the mods are up for it, so I am relenting.

Now, I have ALL kinds of reservations about this, because I remain unconvinced Angry Ranting was a good thing. So though it's back, it's back with some 'ifs' and 'buts' (no laughing at the back):

1. It's going to be a hidden board like Complete Nonsense, and will be moderated in the same way. No biggy there I assume.

:) you're funny  :)
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. I also have the right to believe that you're a (Bleep)ing idiot!