What are your Favorite T.V. Shows

• 32 Replies

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
What are your Favorite T.V. Shows
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »
Aww that little box of joy that is ever so apart of our daily existence. Even if it is purely for entertainment value you have to admit it sure does play a huge role in shaping our collective conscience. The fact is, Television is not Reality. What you see on T.V. has been recorded, edited, manipulated, altered and presented to you according to someone else's perception.

That being said, what are your favorite television programs?

My all-time favorite shows are America's Funniest Home Videos and Cops

That is about as reality as it gets and I can't take much more than that. Television has turned into one big steaming pile of horse manure. There are 1000+ Channels and EVERYTHING SUCKS. Hey you wanna watch Who's my Baby's Daddy on Maury? No? How about Paid Programming? No? hmmm, let's see what else is on... oh look hunny The History of the Earth on Discovery Channel~! It is pathetic. I mean come on, how hard is it to make a damn t.v. show in this day and age? It was shitty when it came out and it is shitty now. T.V. has always sucked the big one.

I was watching Ed Sullivan the other day on YouTube and I figured out why all the videos were performances and none of him.... what a douchebag.

Everyone on T.V. just about is one large Bag full of disposable Douches. I like watching Tosh.0 but only to see the funny videos I saw on Ebaumsworld.com a week earlier. Daniel is funny and all but some of the things the show says and promotes is just despicable..

Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

Re: What are your Favorite T.V. Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »
I don't watch television.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
Loving 'The West Wing' at the moment, but 'Doctor Who' is still unashamedly my favourite ever.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
The Walking Dead is fairly entertaining, or at least the first season was.

I'm also sad that House is in its last season.

Also, I've been watching Sherlock on Netflix.

Finally, Star Trek in all its forms is enjoyable to me.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
QI

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Babestation
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
All-time favorite: Full House

Current, still airing favorite: toss up between CSI: Miami, NCIS and Switched at Birth

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »
CSI, seriously? The programme switches violently between absurdly dull cases where the killer is obvious from the moment the intro finishes rolling, and stories where they introduce the killer as a character ten minutes before the end. A compelling whodunnit CSI isn't.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
I don't watch much lately. I like House, Dexter, The Mentalist is alright but all of the other characters are pretty shit beside Jane.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 02:47:36 AM »
Mrs Brown's Boys.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 03:51:26 AM »
Mrs Brown's Boys.

I feckin' love that show, based on a series of theatre plays.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »
Meh, Walking Dead, Doctor Who, various cartoons (adventure time, fim, generator rex). Still wish there was another decent sci-fi series airing. The last season of Doctor Who was a bit silly.

rooster

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »
Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and TrueBlood. I don't have cable tv anymore so I don't really know anything new or exciting.

Although I hear there's going to be a new Avatar (not the last Air Bender) series with a Water Bender in a steam punk-esque style.  :D

And I never get tired of Friends or (old) Office reruns

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
I'm also sad that House is in its last season.
[/quote]

WHAT!  :'(
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Community, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, True Blood, The Good Wife, Ancient Aliens (I like his hair, OKAY?)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »
Yeah, Game of Thrones is quite good. Just finished the books out so far, and by God they drag out towards the end. Martin must be paid by the fecking word.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »
Ancient Aliens (I like his hair, OKAY?)

Ancient Aliens buddies!  High-five!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

His hair is even bigger this season!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »

His hair is even bigger this season!

Season 4: Bigger hair, darker tan, browner suits.

rooster

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »
I hate that guy. He is so tan and tacky.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

BAM!

rooster

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Wow, his hair really is getting tall.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »
I'm tempted to start watching the show just for him. Is he as fun to listen to as he is to look at?
Recently listened to:

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
Community, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory (as conflicted as I am over the latter two, because one airs at the same time as Community and the other took Community's timeslot on its own network this year, and Community is one of the greatest shows in the history of television and its lack of viewership is just lame), Breaking Bad, and Justified.  Oh, and The Soup, of course.

I'm digging Alcatraz even though I find the chick in the lead a little stiff and unappealing.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

rooster

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
Aw, that's right! I miss The Soup so much.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:44 AM »
Big Bang is currently our flat's default after-work TV show, before that it was Friends, before that, The Simpsons/Come Dine With Me.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:22 AM »
Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Scrubs, ST: TNG, The Mentalist and Game of Thrones. I don't mind Big Bang Theory or HIMYM.

I've never watched Community (because it's never aired on public television over here to my knowledge), but since everyone loves it so much I'll have to see if I can buy it somewhere/pirate it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
I'm tempted to start watching the show just for him. Is he as fun to listen to as he is to look at?

He is awesome. The show is interesting, too. You don't have to believe in ancient alien astronauts, the archeological sites they talk about are interesting enough on their own. Then the bonus is how they link everything that has ever happened in mythology to aliens.

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »

He is awesome. The show is interesting, too. You don't have to believe in ancient alien astronauts, the archeological sites they talk about are interesting enough on their own. Then the bonus is how they link everything that has ever happened in mythology to aliens.

You're not exaggerating either.  According to that show, everything that ever happened throughout human history has directly or indirectly involved aliens.

On a related note: if you enjoy Ancient Aliens, try to track down an old movie from the 1970's called "Chariots of the Gods".  It's very much the blueprint for the entire Ancient Aliens series.  And it's really fascinating to watch.  In terms of format and presentation, it's like an old educational film.. but one that was produced in an alternate dimension.  The soundtrack is great too.