WE GOT APPROVED!

• 44 Replies

Lorddave

WE GOT APPROVED!
« on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
Hey FES, guess what?

Me and My Fiancee got Approved for MARRIAGE IN THE US!  WOOOHOOOO!!!!
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
Re: WE GOT APPROVED!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
You should move to Norway.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
Congratulations. Be sure to apply for social security the instant you get there. It will be your legal entitlement. ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »
Norway is crappy place to live all of you need to figure out that the world is indeed round just look at NASA dumbasses

Lorddave

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Norway is crappy place to live all of you need to figure out that the world is indeed round just look at NASA dumbasses
1. Norway is NOT a crappy place to live.
2. This is the wrong forum to post such things.
3. Insulting people only makes you look like a dumbass.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
I wonder why bots don't post in this style?

"Ur all so dumb. Also buy some Nike Trainers, you dumbass."

I recon less spam would be deleted if bots were more noobish.

Vindictus

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
Someone in my extended family worked in Norway, met their wife there and consequently stayed in Norway.

And they were from Australia.

Lorddave

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »
Someone in my extended family worked in Norway, met their wife there and consequently stayed in Norway.

And they were from Australia.
I've got too many career ties in the US.  She doesn't have any career ties in Norway.  So it works out.  Plus, she's not a fan of snow. lol.

Vindictus

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
That's unfortunate. Doesn't it snow in your general area anyway?

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
That's unfortunate. Doesn't it snow in your general area anyway?
Not this season it seems.  Had nearly 60 degree weather last week.
But the snow is significantly less. :P

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 09:43:06 AM »
congrats
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
I doesn't understand.  What's to approve anyways?  I mean that's cool, but why do you need some approval thing?

Lorddave

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
I doesn't understand.  What's to approve anyways?  I mean that's cool, but why do you need some approval thing?
She's Norwegian.  To get married in the US, she needs a Fiancee Visa.  The US government has just approved our petition for one.  Now all we need is for the Norwegian government to approve it, which shouldn't be a problem.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »
She enters as tourist.  She marries you.  Paper work avoided.

Lorddave

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
She enters as tourist.  She marries you.  Paper work avoided.
Nope.
Tourists have to leave after 90 days.

If we get married, the marriage is not legal because it's not approved by the US government (or State government actually). 

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »
The marriage would be legal in all 50 states.  Let the feds chew on their own paper.

Lorddave

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »
The marriage would be legal in all 50 states.  Let the feds chew on their own paper.
Both people who sign the marriage certificate must be US citizens or have a Fiancee Visa.  Otherwise it's not legal.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »
Sez the feds.  They don't run the marriage laws. 

She, after the marraige, applies for Resident Alien on the basis of marriage to US citizen.

Lorddave

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:38 AM »
Sez the feds.  They don't run the marriage laws. 

She, after the marraige, applies for Resident Alien on the basis of marriage to US citizen.
Yeah, that's essentially the same form as the one I just filled out.
They'd look at our marriage license and say "Oh, you got married here but didn't file the proper paperwork.  Denied."  She'd be deported instantly. 

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »
It's okay if you want to jump through the federal hoops.  I don't think they'd have a basis for deportation, but I understand if you want to follow along with their unwarranted nosiness and interference. 

You can even lie about your name on a marriage certificate/license and it will be regarded as completely legal unless there is a challenge by, like say, a previous wife or husband.  It would be legal as long as both parties to the marriage refrain from a challenge and that challenge would only be valid if she claimed she didn't know your real name was Captain Bluebeard.

Lorddave

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »
It's okay if you want to jump through the federal hoops.  I don't think they'd have a basis for deportation, but I understand if you want to follow along with their unwarranted nosiness and interference. 

You can even lie about your name on a marriage certificate/license and it will be regarded as completely legal unless there is a challenge by, like say, a previous wife or husband.  It would be legal as long as both parties to the marriage refrain from a challenge and that challenge would only be valid if she claimed she didn't know your real name was Captain Bluebeard.

A lie just makes it harder to keep things straight.
And I think having a non-US citizen or resident alien in the country for 90 days is a really good basis for deportation.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »
Apply right after the marriage.  Don't wait ninety days. 

The feds make things up as flat out power grabbers.  There's also immigration laws that make her immediately able to declare herself a RA.  But look, I'm interfering too.  Do it their way and avoid their spoiled children tantrums.

Best wishes to you both.  ;D

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
Peach, do you realize that the federal process that you seem to think Lorddave can just avoid is the very process that's allowing his fiancee to immigrate here in the first place?

Lorddave

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
Apply right after the marriage.  Don't wait ninety days. 

The feds make things up as flat out power grabbers.  There's also immigration laws that make her immediately able to declare herself a RA.  But look, I'm interfering too.  Do it their way and avoid their spoiled children tantrums.

Best wishes to you both.  ;D

I think you seem to be missing something.

See, we apply for the fiancee visa, which takes 5 months at least on the US end(took 6 months for us).  Then her country has to approve it via interview(to make sure she isn't horribly sick or a paid prostitute or something).  Then she comes into the US, we get married, and then she can apply for a change of status from Fiancee to Resident Alien.  Since the process of being a resident alien has mostly been completed by the fiancee visa process, she can not only stay in the US while it's being processed, but it's almost certainly a guarantee that she'll get it and relatively quickly.
Then she'll get a green card which will allow her to work in the US.

Contrary to the movies, getting married to a US citizen doesn't automatically make you a US citizen. 

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 05:41:23 PM »
People manage to live their entire lives as illegals in this country without getting deported.

More illegals = more consumers and more tax revenue. If the government was serious about deporting illegals they would have the police check green cards and social security numbers at traffic stops. Even getting a drivers license doesn't require a social security number.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html
    "You do not need a Social Security number to get a driver’s license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing."

The government allows illegal immigrants to be here because they want them here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:47:17 PM by Tom Bishop »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
Yes, thank you, Tom.  Anyway, congratulations again to Lorddave.

Lorddave

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
Yes, thank you, Tom.  Anyway, congratulations again to Lorddave.
Thanks. :)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
Marriage laws tend to vary by state.  Some states even recognize common law marriage where you don't need a ceremony or have to file any paperwork.  However, immigration law is handled by the feds and you know how they are about linking to trump state laws just to be jerks (just ask the medical marijuana industry).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
ITT: Mrs. Peach doesn't understand federal law and thinks people can just ignore the US immigration policy.
Mrs. Peach is right, assuming that Lorddave's fiancee would enjoy the fate of an illegal immigrant working on a farm.

Also, Tom is right. Underground economy is a very important, albeit unofficial, part of the US economy.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
pics
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.