So you guys think that every pilot/captain of any ship is on the secret?

• 22 Replies
Every pilot and captain who depends on knowing the earth is spherical to navigate is intentionally lying to us because...? How about people who make and use satellites...?

Rushy

Re: So you guys think that every pilot/captain of any ship is on the secret?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »
They are not in on it, neither are the manufacturers of "satellites."

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:56:58 AM »
Every pilot and captain who depends on knowing the earth is spherical to navigate is intentionally lying to us because...? How about people who make and use satellites...?
I am a private pilot, the Earth is flat and I can navigate perfectly well using flat charts on a flat piece of paper.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »
I am a private pilot, the Earth is flat and I can navigate perfectly well using flat charts on a flat piece of paper.

Do you use any Conspiracy equipment?
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »

As a private pilot that is fine. As commercial flying across the world they will use the fact that the world is spherical they can get somewhere going north and then get back by just continuing in that direction. Same with ship captains, what do you guys think of Columbus who only found America because he understood the world was round and if he kept going in one direction it would eventually take him back to land?

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »

Direction indicator (compass) marker pen, chart, scale rule, circular slide rule for calculating wind drift......so no not really.

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 07:30:31 AM »

As a private pilot that is fine. As commercial flying across the world they will use the fact that the world is spherical they can get somewhere going north and then get back by just continuing in that direction. Same with ship captains, what do you guys think of Columbus who only found America because he understood the world was round and if he kept going in one direction it would eventually take him back to land?

This is a terrible way to argue. You can't confirm/deny what Columbus did or did not know. The world is flat and yes, you can sail between continents on a flat world. It isn't difficult.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
Quote from: Youguysaredumb!! link=topic=52879.msg1296188#msg1296188 date=1327677660

Same with ship captains, what do you guys think of Columbus who only found America
[/quote

Columbus did not find Amerikka. It was found by the Icelandic Vikings. Logically this means Iceland owns Amerikka

zarg

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »

Direction indicator (compass) marker pen, chart, scale rule, circular slide rule for calculating wind drift......so no not really.

Okay good. Now may I ask what sort of distances you travel, and may I see an example of one of those flat charts you use?
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »

This is a terrible way to argue. You can't confirm/deny what Columbus did or did not know. The world is flat and yes, you can sail between continents on a flat world. It isn't difficult.

forget Columbus then hes just an example. There are people who sail across the ocean only going in one direction and end up back where they started. So if lets say a cargo ship heads East from china drops off his supplies wherever and then they continue heading East and eventually will be back home in China. I am sure you can find plenty of people reporting doing this countless times. So are all of those people in on the conspiracy? And if you were on a ship that traveled round the world in this manner would you admit you are at fault?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:12:35 PM by Youguysaredumb!! »

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 01:05:26 AM »

Okay good. Now may I ask what sort of distances you travel, and may I see an example of one of those flat charts you use?
Here's a bit of an aero chart.  My longest flight to date.EGNJ.  LFAC.    LFAT.   EGNJ.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
@youguysaredumb

Continually heading east on a flat earth will take in a big circle back to your starting point.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
So... the flat earth is magical too? There is an icewall at the end, but you don't reach it by heading in one direction away from land it will just teleport you back to the other side. Of course how did I not realize this.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
Please do tell us - how do you explain the incompatibility of INS with flat earth routings? I'd love to hear it.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

zarg

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
My longest flight to date.EGNJ.  LFAC.

Please do tell us - how do you explain the incompatibility of INS with flat earth routings? I'd love to hear it.

He hasn't flown far enough to notice. EGNJ to LFAC is Huberside, UK to Calais, France. Between these two red dots:

I'm disappointed, spanner. You gave me the impression that you had flown a long enough route to be able to recognize the difference between flat and curved.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »
My longest flight to date.EGNJ.  LFAC.

He hasn't flown far enough to notice. EGNJ to LFAC is Huberside, UK to Calais, France. Between these two red dots:

I'm disappointed, spanner. You gave me the impression that you had flown a long enough route to be able to recognize the difference between flat and curved.
With the limited endurance of light planes, the maximum safe distance flyable in one leg is probably not much more than double this distance.

zarg

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »
I don't particularly care about your reasons for not having flown long distance. The fact is that you haven't, thus you shouldn't have cited your experiences as though they demonstrate anything in the first place.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »
I don't particularly care about your reasons for not having flown long distance. The fact is that you haven't, thus you shouldn't have cited your experiences as though they demonstrate anything in the first place.
That is typical of FEers. Even Daniel proclaimed that g doesn't vary with altitude because when he measured it he didn't find a difference--all without really looking. Even the standard, the Earth looks flat out my window is the same cop out. I guess we need a name for this FE defect. How about "Can't tell the different between a hole in the ground and something else" or "CTtD"
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 02:44:07 AM »
I was replying, not only to you, but in context with the original post. I think 'every pilot', might include me.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
They are not in on it, neither are the manufacturers of "satellites."

Then the conspiracy theory is inherently flawed. It would be flawed the other way as well, but the point remains.

How exactly do you propose that this works? That somehow the 'industry' that manufactures GPS systems, creates charts and other navigational equipment is wholly isolated from the people that use them? Many times the people that create the equipment use said equipment, with those that initially use the equipment go on to make it later on in their careers?

Indeed, who are these people that do know? A selective cabal of scientists and businessmen that somehow shield the rest of us from finding out? Why would they do this? For money? You'd make far more money exposing the truth than hiding it. The book deals alone could reach well into the billions if marketed right.

How does your conspiracy work exactly?
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Aytron

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

You have got to be kidding, it was well documented that Columbus knew the earth to be round. But he had trouble gaining support in this because the retarded, narrow minded Catholic church insisted he was wrong. His estimate of the westward distance from Europe to Asia differed from that of scholars at the time. His estimate of the size of the earth was low, and he had a high estimate of the size of the European land mass. Basically he was of the belief he'd end up in India if he sailed far enough west. Good god were you educated by farm animals or something?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
You have got to be kidding, it was well documented that Columbus knew the earth to be round. But he had trouble gaining support in this because the retarded, narrow minded Catholic church insisted he was wrong.

You're half right.  Yes, Columbus knew that the earth is round, but so did the church.  The church believed that the round earth was the center of the universe.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

zarg

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »

You have got to be kidding, it was well documented that Columbus knew the earth to be round. But he had trouble gaining support in this because the retarded, narrow minded Catholic church insisted he was wrong. His estimate of the westward distance from Europe to Asia differed from that of scholars at the time. His estimate of the size of the earth was low, and he had a high estimate of the size of the European land mass. Basically he was of the belief he'd end up in India if he sailed far enough west. Good god were you educated by farm animals or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth