Moon shrimp

• 459 Replies
Moon shrimp
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »
I was reading through the post about moon shrimp, shouldn't that be moon prawns though?

Has anyone ever caught one of these by the way?

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
Re: Moon shrimp
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
I was reading through the post about moon shrimp, shouldn't that be moon prawns though?

It was actually a bee keeper from saudi arabia which first informed of the moon emitting light by means of bio illuminescent life on the moons surface.  Only he was not suggesting they were shrimp,  or as some believe "shrimp like."  To my knowledge nobody has ever managed to catch one,  however they have been observed and their existence confirmed.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »
How did they get on to the moon?

Also if they're shrimp like doesn't mean they need to be in water? As last time I checked, or at least was led to believe the moon was a frozen rock pretty much!

Plus aren't the Saudi Arabians pretty unreliable at times?

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »

Irrelevant.

Also if they're shrimp like doesn't mean they need to be in water? As last time I checked, or at least was led to believe the moon was a frozen rock pretty much!

Please don't take the word "shrimp" literally. They are not shrimp and they are not edible. I prefer the term "Moon Demons" because they cause harm to life on earth.

Plus aren't the Saudi Arabians pretty unreliable at times?

Irrelevant.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

It was actually a bee keeper from saudi arabia which first informed of the moon emitting light by means of bio illuminescent life on the moons surface.  Only he was not suggesting they were shrimp,  or as some believe "shrimp like."  To my knowledge nobody has ever managed to catch one,  however they have been observed and their existence confirmed.
Please do stop posting outlandish claims without providing references. If you know something is true, then tell us how you know that it is.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
  however they have been observed and their existence confirmed.
Is there any evidence other than one of James's moonshrimp posts?  Somebody dreaming about them doesn't really convince me.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

Paragraph of rubbish.

The official FES evidence of moonshramps is that John Davis or James or Master Lord Of The Admiralty Willmire had a dream about them.
That isn't even me taking the piss, it really is the official evidence.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
I had a dream once when I was younger. It was a very lucid and realistic dream about a life form that was found on the moon. Imagine if you will, a worm-like creature, perhaps between one and two feet long. It's body was stout - podgy - and segmented. It's mouth was a three-lipped and within it were several rows of teeth all the way around. If you're thinking of the film Dune, you are very close to how these worms appeared, except the obvious difference in magnitude.

This worm resided only a few centimetres beneath the surface of the moon and seemingly never needed to come up to the surface. It was only when astronauts, after landing on the moon, began to dig for dust samples that they discovered these unusual beasts.

Further investigation revealed that these worms also lived on Earth. Somehow, they had managed to colonise the moon. It was supposed that a heavy asteroid impact might have blasted a portion of the Earth towards the moon eons ago, seeding the rocky satellite with these amazing creatures.

This is the kind of thing I used to dream about.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »

Paragraph of rubbish.

The official FES evidence of moonshramps is that John Davis or James or Master Lord Of The Admiralty Willmire had a dream about them.

So it wasn't a Saudi Arabian bee keeper then? There seems to be some sort of hole here in this argument.

If it wasn't a Saudi Arabian then, I would like an apology from you all for saying that it was irrelevant  :P

?

Verrine

• Friend of Dr Crustinator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »

Paragraph of rubbish.

So it wasn't a Saudi Arabian bee keeper then? There seems to be some sort of hole here in this argument.

If it wasn't a Saudi Arabian then, I would like an apology from you all for saying that it was irrelevant  :P

It was a Saudi Arabian bee keeper. Please don't listen to The Knowledge. He's a well known RE troll around here. Most of us FE'ers just ignore his childish provocations, you should do the same.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »

Paragraph of rubbish.

It was a Saudi Arabian bee keeper. Please don't listen to The Knowledge. He's a well known RE troll around here. Most of us FE'ers just ignore his childish provocations, you should do the same.

Don't let me stop you searching the posts from the past about the moonshramps: I just did, to check my source, and it was indeed James who wet his bed with excitement on having the Official Evidence Dream.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
ITT: Knowledge is markjo's replacement as wet towel.

?

Archibald

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

Please do stop posting outlandish claims without providing references. If you know something is true, then tell us how you know that it is.

Please do stop posting,  "please do."  The implications are quite disturbing as it is both you and Ru Pauls trademark way of asking for something.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »
I tried doing a search for this Arabian beekeeper who discovered moonshrimp, but only came across this instead.  Person going by the name 'Felix', who seems very familiar.

http://www.politicalforum.com/science-technology/198882-i-refuse-believe-gravity-21.html

"Moonlight is caused by moonshrimp. Bioluminescent shrimp that live on the moon. Cycles in the moons illuminescence reflects moonshrimp migratory feeding paterns."

"My friend, little is known about these mysterious creatures. I know a beekeeper from Saudi Arabia who has been studying them for 11 years now, and sadly the knowledge of them is still very limited."

Does anyone have a link to the bee keepers announcement of his discovery?

?

Archibald

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »

Paragraph of rubbish.

Actually,  it appears as though they may have simply attempted to take credit for their discovery.

?

Archibald

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »

How did we get on the earth?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
I tried doing a search for this Arabian beekeeper who discovered moonshrimp, but only came across this instead.  Person going by the name 'Felix', who seems very familiar.

http://www.politicalforum.com/science-technology/198882-i-refuse-believe-gravity-21.html

"Moonlight is caused by moonshrimp. Bioluminescent shrimp that live on the moon. Cycles in the moons illuminescence reflects moonshrimp migratory feeding paterns."

"My friend, little is known about these mysterious creatures. I know a beekeeper from Saudi Arabia who has been studying them for 11 years now, and sadly the knowledge of them is still very limited."

Does anyone have a link to the bee keepers announcement of his discovery?

I suspect that this Aribian apiarist is nothing more than fiction. Though, if evidence of his or her existence were to come forth, the implications would be quite interestion. As it would be an unrelated and independent discovery of shrimp-like creatures on the moon that predates our own.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
it would be an unrelated and independent discovery of shrimp-like creatures on the moon that predates our own.

No, it would be the only discovery of moonshramps, because nobody at the FES has actually discovered them, just made them up.

?

Archibald

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
it would be an unrelated and independent discovery of shrimp-like creatures on the moon that predates our own.

No, it would be the only discovery of moonshramps, because nobody at the FES has actually discovered them, just made them up.
No,  it is quite clear that one or two others here came across the saudi's research and built upon it themselves.  The saudi first suspected moonlight had adverse effects due to the hives which were not exposed to direct moonlight as opposed to the ones that were.  The hives which were directly exposed to moonlight suffered from a lack of organization and efficiency as opposed to the bees from the hives which were concealed at night.  After researching red leaf syndrome and some other historical accounts relating moonlight and the moon to mental illness,  he decided to examine the moon in attempt to discover what (if not sunlight)  was illuminating the satellite.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »

No,  it is quite clear that one or two others here came across the saudi's research and built upon it themselves.  The saudi first suspected moonlight had adverse effects due to the hives which were not exposed to direct moonlight as opposed to the ones that were.  The hives which were directly exposed to moonlight suffered from a lack of organization and efficiency as opposed to the bees from the hives which were concealed at night.  After researching red leaf syndrome and some other historical accounts relating moonlight and the moon to mental illness,  he decided to examine the moon in attempt to discover what (if not sunlight)  was illuminating the satellite.

And your source for this info is...?

Rushy

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

The Saudi man, obviously. Did you even read his post?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »
No,  it is quite clear that one or two others here came across the saudi's research and built upon it themselves.

This is the bit I'm interested in. Who here has expanded upon the beekeeper's research?

NOTE: Fixed for ClockTower, whose mind is incapable of rendering an error.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:10:54 PM by Pongo »

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »

Fine, we'll rephrase to assist you in your pedantry: What scientific, peer-reviewed journal provides evidence for the outlandish claim regarding the Saudi beekeeper? If none, then there's really nothing to discuss.

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
No,  it is quite clear that one or two others here came across the saudi's research and built upon it themselves.

This is the bit I'm interested in. Who here has expanded upon the beekeeper's research?
1) Please fix your quote BBCodes.
2) It's great to see FE Trolls are now challenging Archy's claims. Thanks!

Rushy

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »

Fine, we'll rephrase to assist you in your pedantry: What scientific, peer-reviewed journal provides evidence for the outlandish claim regarding the Saudi beekeeper? If none, then there's really nothing to discuss.

Why does he need a scientific journal to show what he has already seen? Must you always have someone else there to tell you what you're seeing is the "correct" reality?

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Why does he need a scientific journal to show what he has already seen? Must you always have someone else there to tell you what you're seeing is the "correct" reality?
Yes, even my observations must be vetted. My son once claimed that he saw Santa Claus. Even the zetetic method requires careful consideration of observations. The Scientific Method even more so.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »

I'm not challenging his claims.  It's like someone saying, "I read a good pirate story," and me saying, "Oh, what was it called?"  I am merely curious in reading the threads he is talking about, not implying that he has in fact NOT read any such story.  As far as I can tell, this is the first post on shrimp-like creatures on these forums: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=42779.msg1060485#msg1060485

I was interested if something predates that, or if other research does.  It would be collaborating evidence for shrimp-like creatures on the moon.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »

I'm not challenging his claims.  It's like someone saying, "I read a good pirate story," and me saying, "Oh, what was it called?"  I am merely curious in reading the threads he is talking about, not implying that he has in fact NOT read any such story.  As far as I can tell, this is the first post on shrimp-like creatures on these forums: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=42779.msg1060485#msg1060485

I was interested if something predates that, or if other research does.  It would be collaborating evidence for shrimp-like creatures on the moon.
No, you would just accept his claim if that were true. You're asking for a source: "Who here has expanded upon the beekeeper's research?". Archy has repeatedly made up stories as evidenced by his repeated failure to provide sources or references.

Oh, and thanks for fixing your mistake. It was mature of you.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
No, you would just accept his claim if that were true. You're asking for a source: "Who here has expanded upon the beekeeper's research?". Archy has repeatedly made up stories as evidenced by his repeated failure to provide sources or references.

How can you possibly pretend to know what I was thinking?  I believe I explained the reasons I asked who posted about the beekeeper.  And again, I'm not asking for the sources of his beekeeping stories, I'm asking who has elaborated upon them.  A bibliographical reference is not required, just a name or two.  If you choose not to believe me then I guess that's your choice and this discussion has reached an impasse.  However, your view is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting your rote recitation of your list of fallacies.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »

How can you possibly pretend to know what I was thinking?  I believe I explained the reasons I asked who posted about the beekeeper.  And again, I'm not asking for the sources of his beekeeping stories, I'm asking who has elaborated upon them.  A bibliographical reference is not required, just a name or two.  If you choose not to believe me then I guess that's your choice and this discussion has reached an impasse.  However, your view is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting your rote recitation of your list of fallacies.
Just so you know, asking for a name is asking for a source. Thanks for playing. You can continue your admittedly trolling games at your leisure.

Reference: http://www.historyonthenet.com/Sources/questions_to_ask_of_a_source.htm
WHOSE opinion does it show?