Moon shrimp

• 459 Replies
?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
Re: Moon shrimp
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
I'm not sure how they're doing it, but some folk are harvesting moon shrimp for culinary purposes.

This recipe proves it: http://www.raleys.com/www/apps/recipes/recipe.jsp?recipeid=1080613

Enjoy!

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
I'm not sure how they're doing it, but some folk are harvesting moon shrimp for culinary purposes.

This recipe proves it: http://www.raleys.com/www/apps/recipes/recipe.jsp?recipeid=1080613

Enjoy!

Mizuki x
I didn't see anything in the link about harvesting shrimp from the Moon. Do pay attention.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
They wouldn't call it moon shrimp if it wasn't shrimp from the moon.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »

And your source for this info is...?

The Saudi man, obviously. Did you even read his post?

Your source of the info ABOUT the Saudi guy, dumbass.
I predict you won't be able to supply any info about him other than what is already posted in this forum.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Rushy

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »

I predict you won't be able to supply any info about him other than what is already posted in this forum.

He talked to the Saudi man personally. Why do you always expect the internet to have sources for everything? How anti-social you are.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
Fine, we'll rephrase to assist you in your pedantry: What scientific, peer-reviewed journal provides evidence for the outlandish claim regarding the Saudi beekeeper? If none, then there's really nothing to discuss.

Given that pretty much all of FET falls outside that description, why are you still here? Clearly there is something else to discuss, namely the alternative model of inquiry based around Zeteticism and the ideas generated thereby.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »
Except none of you are zetetic either.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
Except none of you are zetetic either.

Well I'm not Zetetic, no, anymore than Stephen Hawking is scientific. It's not really a quality that one can attribute to a person. However, I have written about the Zetetic method at some length, and like to think that my positions are largely (if not entirely) consistent with my interpretation of the methodology.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »

He talked to the Saudi man personally. Why do you always expect the internet to have sources for everything? How anti-social you are.

I can't help it.  You guys are killing me!  I keep picturing a movie scene and start laughing at all this.

( Jon Voight handing a classified file to Tom Cruise in some clandestine meeting)

Voight,  "All we know is that he's Saudi, and all we have for a name is 'The Bee Keeper'.  He knows of the moonshrimp though, so we must find him."

Cruise, "Is he dangerous?"

Voight, "Very.  He can communicate with them."

zarg

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
Well I'm not Zetetic, no, anymore than Stephen Hawking is scientific. It's not really a quality that one can attribute to a person.

You regularly refer to yourselves as "zetetics". If you're going to waste time on the tired old semantics game, the least you could do is be internally consistent. ::)

However, I have written about the Zetetic method at some length, and like to think that my positions are largely (if not entirely) consistent with my interpretation of the methodology.

Please list your major positions regarding FET and explain how each of them were arrived at through the zetetic method.
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »
You regularly refer to yourselves as "zetetics". If you're going to waste time on the tired old semantics game, the least you could do is be internally consistent. ::)

Being a Zetetic is not being Zetetic, just as Stephen Hawking being a scientist does not make him scientific. Just as being an economist doesn't make you economic. Tired game or not, I am being consistent, and more importantly, consistently correct.

Please list your major positions regarding FET and explain how each of them were arrived at through the zetetic method.

Click on my profile, and then click on the "Show Posts" link below my avatar. You will find a comprehensive list of positions regarding FET.

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
Fine, we'll rephrase to assist you in your pedantry: What scientific, peer-reviewed journal provides evidence for the outlandish claim regarding the Saudi beekeeper? If none, then there's really nothing to discuss.

Given that pretty much all of FET falls outside that description, why are you still here? Clearly there is something else to discuss, namely the alternative model of inquiry based around Zeteticism and the ideas generated thereby.
To convert more people to RET, of course.

Your attack on FET and its failure to accept and use the Scientific Method is interesting. I suggest you open a thread on the topic if you'd like to discuss it further.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »

Your attack on FET and its failure to accept and use the Scientific Method is interesting. I suggest you open a thread on the topic if you'd like to discuss it further.

Oh it wasn't an attack on FET at all, however I have written about the differences between the scientific method and Zetetic method in the Believers section:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=48821.0

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

Oh it wasn't an attack on FET at all, however I have written about the differences between the scientific method and Zetetic method in the Believers section:
What you intended and what you accomplished then were two different things. Why would I care about anything in the Believers Section since I don't believe?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
What you intended and what you accomplished then were two different things. Why would I care about anything in the Believers Section since I don't believe?

Sorry, are you saying that to engage with or care about material one has to agree with it? Can you please sketch your argument? You know, something that shows why emotional engagement is predicated on belief.

zarg

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »

Being a Zetetic is not being Zetetic, just as Stephen Hawking being a scientist does not make him scientific. Just as being an economist doesn't make you economic. Tired game or not, I am being consistent, and more importantly, consistently correct.

We have established that "zetetic" is used as a noun for a person and is also an adjective -- but you are going to continue to claim that the adjective cannot be applied to a person? Really? ::)

The dictionary definition of the adjective can be applied to people:
zetetic - As an adjective, it means "inquiring, investigating" and "proceeding by inquiry or investigation," or, as a noun, "inquirer."
So which definition are you using?

"Scientific" and "scientist" are two different words; so are "economist" and "economic". So your analogy is flawed.  Can you name any other word that is an adjective which doubles as a noun (like zetetic does) that cannot be used to describe the same noun? I think not. Here are a few off the top of my head:
  • brute - Unreasoning and animallike. As a noun: "a brute". As an adjective: "a brute person".
  • poor - Lacking enough money to live comfortably in a society. As a noun: "the poor". As an adjective: "poor people".
  • yellow - Of the color between green and orange in the spectrum. As a noun: "yellow". As an adjective: "a yellow color".
Your tired old game is neither consistent nor correct. Are you sure you want to keep playing?

Click on my profile, and then click on the "Show Posts" link below my avatar. You will find a comprehensive list of positions regarding FET.

Stop being lazy. We both know I'm not digging through over nine thousaaand posts. You know your beliefs better than anyone. Tell me some of the the main beliefs that comprise your personal interpretation of the Flat Earth Theory, and then, most importantly, tell me how they are based on zeteticism. You can start with this thread's topic, the moon shrimp.

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

Sorry, are you saying that to engage with or care about material one has to agree with it? Can you please sketch your argument? You know, something that shows why emotional engagement is predicated on belief.
No, I said nothing of the sort. FSM & off-topic

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »

Looks like you said it to me.

For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 02:02:39 AM »
zetetic - As an adjective, it means "inquiring, investigating" and "proceeding by inquiry or investigation," or, as a noun, "inquirer."

I'm using the definition of Zetetic that I have argued for elsewhere on this site, at length. I thought that was pretty obvious, seeing as I have mentioned it several times in this thread. I would be interested to see you apply the concept of zeteticism (as I have defined/interpreted it) to a person.

Stop being lazy. We both know I'm not digging through over nine thousaaand posts.

Well I guess we both know who's being lazy then. I've already taken the time to write those nine thousand posts. If you want to know what I believe, maybe you should take the time to read them.

You know your beliefs better than anyone. Tell me some of the the main beliefs that comprise your personal interpretation of the Flat Earth Theory, and then, most importantly, tell me how they are based on zeteticism. You can start with this thread's topic, the moon shrimp.

I'm not sure I have ever said that the existence of Luna has ever been Zetetically grounded.

No, I said nothing of the sort. FSM & off-topic

I'll let your posts do the talking.

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:13 AM »
MAster Lord Willmore,
I have used your dreaming technique to veryify James post about a migration of Luna to Earth sometime in late 2012. I fear they will be hostile and negotiations have broke down.
Do you also have the ability to communicate with them as James can?
If so, can you reopen the talks and try to sign a treaty?

thank you,

zarg

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »

I'm using the definition of Zetetic that I have argued for elsewhere on this site, at length. I thought that was pretty obvious, seeing as I have mentioned it several times in this thread. I would be interested to see you apply the concept of zeteticism (as I have defined/interpreted it) to a person.

Easily. You are a zetetic (which you admit is a noun/adjective), therefore you are zetetic. You still haven't answered my question.  Can you name any other word that is an adjective which doubles as a noun (like zetetic does) that cannot be used to describe the same noun? One word. That's all I'm asking for. If you can't provide one, you've lost your pathetic little game.

Stop being lazy. We both know I'm not digging through over nine thousaaand posts.
Well I guess we both know who's being lazy then. I've already taken the time to write those nine thousand posts. If you want to know what I believe, maybe you should take the time to read them.

Am I seeing things here? Seriously? Let me read that again to make sure.

Yep, you literally just implied that I am lazier than you for not reading 9000 posts as opposed to you refusing to answer a question directly. Good God, it's a wonder even FE'ers take you seriously. I am not asking you to rewrite 9000 posts. I am asking you a simple question.

You know your beliefs better than anyone. Tell me some of the the main beliefs that comprise your personal interpretation of the Flat Earth Theory, and then, most importantly, tell me how they are based on zeteticism. You can start with this thread's topic, the moon shrimp.
I'm not sure I have ever said that the existence of Luna has ever been Zetetically grounded.

Strawman. And you're not even trying. All you have to do is remove the last sentence from that quote to turn your obvious strawman into a completely irrelevant statement.

Try again. Tell me some of the the main beliefs that comprise your personal interpretation of the Flat Earth Theory, and then, most importantly, tell me how they are based on zeteticism.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:22:15 AM by zarg »

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
MAster Lord Willmore,
I have used your dreaming technique to veryify James post about a migration of Luna to Earth sometime in late 2012. I fear they will be hostile and negotiations have broke down.
Do you also have the ability to communicate with them as James can?
If so, can you reopen the talks and try to sign a treaty?

thank you,
So your chance to be different from others is at a close as the only man who can partially explain your outlandish space medium light distortion theory has left so now you revert to trolling.  How quaint.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

zarg

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
If he's trolling, he certainly didn't only now revert to it, and it would mean Lord Wilmore is trolling as well.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

Try again. Tell me some of the the main beliefs that comprise your personal interpretation of the Flat Earth Theory, and then, most importantly, tell me how they are based on zeteticism.

We should have a sweepstake on which will be answered first - this question, or the one about INS that they refuse to answer. It could take years.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Thork

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »

We should have a sweepstake on which will be answered first - this question, or the one about INS that they refuse to answer. It could take years.
How do you still not understand INS? You bring it up in every thread and it has been explained to you at length.

Read it again if you still don't get it. INS is a flat earth instrument!
Schuler tuning. INS works great on a flat earth. Like really great. Like better than it would on a round earth. RE people know this and trying to cobble a reason to calm suspicions. An adjustment.
So I say there is no schuler tuning ( because its not needed). You say there is schuler tuning even though you only just found out about it.
I say earth is flat. You say its round.
That is where the trail runs cold. Its why that boring INS thread ended after 20 something pages. Because it wasn't going anywhere. So can this thread now go back to retrograde motion? We have done INS to death.
The topic stops every single time because you are too stupid to grasp that INS is a flat earth instrument that would need constant adjustment to work on a round earth. The adjustment for the 100th time is called schuler tuning.

So, FErs say there is no such adjustment made. RErs say there is. Until you grasp this really easy to understand starting point for discussion, the debate will keep falling on its arse. Are you really that stupid? If you are, just let it go.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
And the thread went on to show you wrong, including:
INS plots your position in 3D space. It will make all calculations based on your x, y and z positions. It does this with accelerometers and gyros.

Example: You fly in a straight line at 120 kts. You then make the same trip at 240 Kts. It took half the time. But also when you flew slower, you flew more nose up (higher angle of attack) to generate more lift at the lower airspeed. In other words you had your nose pitched up. The INS didn't assume you were climbing. It didn't give a sh*t. No more than it cares if you roll the wings or yaw the nose.
So you admit that you were wrong. INS measure more than just North, East, and Down. Noted. I guess we should start to doubt all of your postings regarding INS.

I do so like your example by the way. Your imagining that INS would 'care' about anything is quite cute.

?

Thork

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
You can keep quoting that, but we were in discussion regarding what INS measures relative to your position. It doesn't matter if it measures the temperature of the pilot's coffee as well, that isn't going to give us any clue as to earth's shape.

INS does not prove earth round. The opposite. Its an FE instrument.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
Easily. You are a zetetic (which you admit is a noun/adjective), therefore you are zetetic. You still haven't answered my question.  Can you name any other word that is an adjective which doubles as a noun (like zetetic does) that cannot be used to describe the same noun? One word. That's all I'm asking for. If you can't provide one, you've lost your pathetic little game.

zarg, the relevant question is not whether such words exist, the question is whether or not all meanings of such words can be applied the same way as both an adjective and a noun. Take the word 'bright'. It can mean bright as in 'bright light', or bright as in 'a bright kid'. If I say "zarg is bright" meaning the latter, it makes sense. If I say "zarg is bright" meaning the former, it doesn't. That is the real issue here: zetetic in my sense cannot be applied to a person, even if zetetic used to mean 'an inquirer ' can.

In any event, I can name such a word (there are plenty) and also use it to demonstrate my point at the same time. Take the word 'level'. As a noun, it can mean a level in a videogame, i.e. a stage, section, whatever. As an adjective, it usually means flat. I don't know if you play many videogames, but many of them are not flat. The point is that when the noun has this particular meaning, the meaning of the adjective does not match up. Again, take the noun minor and the adjective minor - there are meanings that do not correspond or function together. How about sable, or light, or brief, or wee? All have noun-meanings that do not correspond to the adjective-meanings.

There may be a noun zetetic, but it does not convey the same meaning as my interpretation of the adjective zetetic. More importantly, I do not think that meaning can be applied to a person.

Am I seeing things here? Seriously? Let me read that again to make sure.

Yep, you literally just implied that I am lazier than you for not reading 9000 posts as opposed to you refusing to answer a question directly. Good God, it's a wonder even FE'ers take you seriously. I am not asking you to rewrite 9000 posts. I am asking you a simple question.

You are asking me to write out everything I believe regarding FET, and then explain how I arrived at those beliefs zetetically. It's not a "simple question". In fact it's not a question at all, but a request or demand, depending on how rude one considers its phrasing to be. Besides, this is something I have done time and time again during my time here, as you would know if you reviewed my post history. The information is all there, and I will continue to post about my beliefs and defend them. I neither obligated nor inclined to comply with the brash and absurd demands of every RE'er I enter into a discussion with.

Strawman. And you're not even trying. All you have to do is remove the last sentence from that quote to turn your obvious strawman into a completely irrelevant statement.

It's not a strawman at all - your question implicitly assumes something which is not the case, and it is in no way fallacial to point that out. If you gave sufficient attention to my Discourse on the Zetetic Method (which I have linked to in this thread), you might understand why.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:04:58 PM by Lord Wilmore »

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
You can keep quoting that, but we were in discussion regarding what INS measures relative to your position. It doesn't matter if it measures the temperature of the pilot's coffee as well, that isn't going to give us any clue as to earth's shape.

INS does not prove earth round. The opposite. Its an FE instrument.
Wrong. The high-end INS provide enough precision to show the Earth round. It measures both your position, velocity, and acceleration. They are not FE instruments.

So, if the flights don't match the lines of latitude, the pilots are going to need to make constant adjustments. 074 degrees, 075, 076 throughout the entire flight. But pilots don't do that. They fly direct from beacon to beacon, point to point or along GPS tracks at constant heading.
You argue from a false premise. Tell us how the same planes fly without constant adjustments on FE.

Also you're lying about the use of beacons on trans-oceanic flights.

From Ask the pilot: everything you need to know about air travel By Patrick Smith:

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »

How do you still not understand INS? You bring it up in every thread and it has been explained to you at length.

Read it again if you still don't get it. INS is a flat earth instrument!

What is it I don't "get"?
How does the phrase "INS is a flat earth instrument" have any relevance to the question you refuse to answer? Which, to reiterate, is:
Is INS capable of detecting the difference between a path that deviates in a curve to left or right and a path that does not deviate to left or right?
If you think that question has been answered (only possible answers - yes, no, I don't know) then please post a link to where I missed it.
Otherwise, agree with me that this question has not been answered and stop posting irrelevance tangential to the INS question. You only succeed in making yourself look silly because every time you post the same babble, I reiterate the question, so everyone reading the thread can see that you keep dodging it. Eventually every single forum member will have seen you refusing to answer this question.
The argument is NOT whether or not INS would work on a round earth better than a flat earth or vice versa. It is NOT whether readings from INS can prove the curvature of the earth or vice versa. It is about a mechanism by which the difference between RE circumnavigation and FE circumnavigation can be detected. You don't even need to understand or care why I'm asking the question, you just need to answer it.
It's not me who looks silly when I continually ask a very simple question and you continually refuse to answer it.
So yes, no, I don't know?