The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards

• 130 Replies
Re: The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2012, 03:13:17 AM »
Scanning info websites today. Nothing special about the supermoon.
I don't think you know how to use a search engine.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/supermoon_2012.html
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/02may_supermoon/

Please enjoy this short film about last night's moon. Which apparently you believe there is nothing special about. ::)

Its been ruined with Round Earth propaganda (the film is by NASA after all) but I am sure you will smugly nod along to it. However note, last night was a special supermoon and that you are as usual wrong about matters of science.

It was understated "concerning health issues", the topic which has been discussed (not its apparent size or the tides).
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Thork

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2012, 03:35:12 AM »
It was understated "concerning health issues", the topic which has been discussed (not its apparent size or the tides).
You wilfully ignore anything that doesn't support your blinkered point of view. You don't even look for the possibility that you might be wrong. Doesn't matter what I post. You will try to find anything in it that confirms your pre-conceptions.

Quote from: http://www.livescience.com/1696-full-moon-sends-dogs-cats-emergency-room.html
Injuries and illness among dogs and cats seems to be higher during full moon than at other times of the month, a new study finds. But researchers don't know why.

The study, reported in the July 15 issue of the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, finds emergency room visits for these pets increases during or near the full moon. In studying 11,940 cases at the Colorado State University Veterinary Medical Center, the researchers found the risk of emergency room visits to be 23 percent higher for cats and 28 percent higher for dogs on days surrounding full moons.

The types of emergencies ranged from cardiac arrest to trauma.

Quote from: http://www.livescience.com/1617-strange-happen-full-moon.html
Recently BBC News reported that some British police departments have decided to add extra officers on nights with a full moon.

The concern isn't over werewolves or vampires—no need to issue silver bullets or wooden stakes—but more human threats such as petty thieves and violent criminals

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »
You wilfully ignore anything that doesn't support your blinkered point of view. You don't even look for the possibility that you might be wrong. Doesn't matter what I post. You will try to find anything in it that confirms your pre-conceptions.

Quote from: http://www.livescience.com/1696-full-moon-sends-dogs-cats-emergency-room.html
Injuries and illness among dogs and cats seems to be higher during full moon than at other times of the month, a new study finds. But researchers don't know why.

The study, reported in the July 15 issue of the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, finds emergency room visits for these pets increases during or near the full moon. In studying 11,940 cases at the Colorado State University Veterinary Medical Center, the researchers found the risk of emergency room visits to be 23 percent higher for cats and 28 percent higher for dogs on days surrounding full moons.

The types of emergencies ranged from cardiac arrest to trauma.

Quote from: http://www.livescience.com/1617-strange-happen-full-moon.html
Recently BBC News reported that some British police departments have decided to add extra officers on nights with a full moon.

The concern isn't over werewolves or vampires—no need to issue silver bullets or wooden stakes—but more human threats such as petty thieves and violent criminals

Are you sure:

Lunar effect below details some of the symptoms of the moon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_effect

and that Thork knows way too much about the moon.

From your last link:

"Meta-analyses have revealed that apparently significant results are likely to be statistical anomalies rather than indicative of a real effect."

"Apparent positive findings have tended to be inconclusive, contradicted by other studies, or shown to be the result of statistical errors."

?

Thork

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2012, 03:41:25 AM »

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »

What you post is, from the links you give:

"Meta-analyses have revealed that apparently significant results are likely to be statistical anomalies rather than indicative of a real effect."

"Apparent positive findings have tended to be inconclusive, contradicted by other studies, or shown to be the result of statistical errors."

I'm not interested by claims that I find unfounded, incomplete, ludicrous, unproven.

?

Thork

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »

What you post is, from the links you give:

I'm not interested by claims that I find unfounded, incomplete, ludicrous, unproven.

You ignored the evidence and statistics provided in this thread. You then decided to quote from an entirely different thread that was a source of links, not info. It was wiki after all, written by Christ knows who.

You latched onto that because it suited your stance better. You suffer from confirmation bias, always looking to confirm what you hold to be correct. This would make you a terrible scientist. Its seems you simply don't have he right mindset to foster sound scientific theories. It is also likely that you are a slow learner due to your inability to form new judgements based on information as it becomes available to you. :(

Or maybe its just the moon effecting you right now?
http://www.superforce.com/Press-Releases/press-release-American-Election-Results.htm
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:26:06 AM by Thork »

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
I can't judge the Ion Ratio Algorithm mentioned in the site because I don't know how it's calculated.

The site also seems a little out of date, pro-republican and I cannot see the relation between the phases of the Moon and the intentions of the voters (and we all know that polls aren't that reliable).

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
As expected, only trolling questions are answered. I have valid questions are get ignored. That's enough proof for me that this site is just an entertainment forum for those who simply enjoy argument for the sake of argument, and use archaic scientific theories as the subject. I have no interest in such a site.

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
I got my full-moon protection right here.

1200 rounds of Russian 7.62x39 silver-bullet werewolf ammo, a 75rnd magazine, and an RPK.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:54:07 PM by 29silhouette »

ozmax

• bhut seks
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »
As expected, only trolling questions are answered. I have valid questions are get ignored. That's enough proof for me that this site is just an entertainment forum for those who simply enjoy argument for the sake of argument, and use archaic scientific theories as the subject. I have no interest in such a site.
oh my god someone finally figured it out...   
advocate of simulated commiseration

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

I'm not really sure what you were expecting. Your questions were, frankly, trivial. How do you measure Moon intensity? By looking at it or measuring its brightness in other ways.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord