The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards

• 130 Replies
?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »

Exposure to moon radiation is limited by its very nature.  First of all, the moon is only ever above the horizon less than 50% of the time.  Secondly, because of its cyclic nature, moonlight is only emitted 50% of the time.  Thirdly, the greatest concentration of moonlight is at night, a time when people tend to be less active anyways.  Because of these factors, all this fear mongering about the dangers of moon light is silly and getting exceedingly tiresome.

We aren't limiting this to visible light are we?

BTW, your subjective objection comes somewhat late in a three-page thread of rehash.  Any time you feel tired, feel free to take a time out.   :)

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »
I read on these forums once that the sun did not emit UV light, merely it excited dormant UV particles in our atmosphere causing them to descend upon on us.  I can't recall who posted this (James or Dr. Davis perhaps?), but I think that it warrants further study as the moon may excite the same or similar particles.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
We aren't limiting this to visible light are we?

Since no one seems to be willing to provide specific details as to the nature of this "dangerous radiation" (and it doesn't appear that any helpful details are forthcoming), it's hard to know what we should limit this to.  However, since the prevailing theory is that whatever the source of this dangerous radiation seems to be linked with the moon's phases (especially during the full moon), I don't see anything wrong with my analysis.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
I read on these forums once that the sun did not emit UV light, merely it excited dormant UV particles in our atmosphere causing them to descend upon on us.  I can't recall who posted this (James or Dr. Davis perhaps?), but I think that it warrants further study as the moon may excite the same or similar particles.

This is easily disproved by anyone who understands how photons work or has a rudimentary grasp of physics.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »
Our moonburn is not caused by UV radiation. It was an irrelevant argument caused by ClockTower's relentless derail attempts. At least this time it was ended quickly.

Didn't I ask you to provide any sort of evidence whatsoever of the harmful nature of moonlight or shut the hell up?
I think it's time you shut the hell up.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Rushy

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
Our moonburn is not caused by UV radiation. It was an irrelevant argument caused by ClockTower's relentless derail attempts. At least this time it was ended quickly.

Didn't I ask you to provide any sort of evidence whatsoever of the harmful nature of moonlight or shut the hell up?

Over six hundred posts and still an angry noob. How unfortunate.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »

got bored with the truth so decided to fake it. we can all start name calling. however he has a point. your just repeating what you see on this forum in each and every post. please provide some first hand data to varify your claims

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2012, 06:51:58 AM »

Not as angry as Thork, not as noob as you. Deal with it. Or do you use the phrase "angry noob" to describe "one who can debate properly"?
You are totally pwned in this thread now, most trolls would have noticed and stopped, but no, you still keep on emitting pellets of crap.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »

This is easily disproved by anyone who understands how photons work or has a rudimentary grasp of physics.

Theoretically, photons could be stored inside of molecules. I'm pulling this out of my ass, of course, but I'll do some research and get back to you.

EDIT: the internet says maybe.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:09:46 AM by Tausami »

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2012, 07:22:46 AM »

Theoretically, photons could be stored inside of molecules. I'm pulling this out of my ass, of course, but I'll do some research and get back to you.

EDIT: the internet says maybe.
And that would be special pleading. Do try harder. I also not your lack of intellectual honesty. Why do you continue to make claims but fail to provide your references?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »
He did provide a reference.

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »
He did provide a reference.
Pedantic much? No, "the Internet" is not a reference.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
The Moon, we see it on a near daily basis. We are all aware of the hazards the Moon Demons pose to life on earth, but how can we avoid them? It's not like we can run away from the moon. I will compose a short list of basic moon safety tips. The Moon Demons will be defeated in no time at all!

1. Never look directly at the moon without protective blue tinted glasses. This especially goes for telescopes (because they amplify the cold-frequency light's harmful effects).

2. Cover as much of your body as possible when the moon is out. This does not have to apply if the moon is visible during the day (The sun's effects outweigh the moon). Know that aluminum foil is the best protection, but is not necessary for everyone.

3. Properly protect pets during night time hours. Make sure your dog/cat/hamster has a proper place to sleep shielded from the moon. The moon is indiscriminate in what it harms, even plants still get moon burn after years of evolution.

4. As far as current studies are concerned, moon burn can not be avoided by "moon tanning," so please do not attempt this until further studies are conducted.

5. Do not plan any activities on full-moon nights. Stay indoors.

6. Beware of Moon Demon Acolytes. They often come out on nights of a full moon and comment, "The moon is so beautiful tonight, don't you just want to stare at it?"

There you have it, a very basic guide to avoid irreperable harm to you or your loved ones.

That is classic trolling, man. Really creative. I was rolling on the floor.   ;D

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
That is classic trolling, man.

Shhh!!
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Rushy

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
This must be bumped for moon awareness.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
This must be bumped for moon awareness.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

?

novaguy

• Pratchett's discworld is historical fact
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
If moonljght is unavoidable, a salve made from rhubarb stalks is effective.

Don't know if your serious or not but I would not recommend rubbing raw rhubarb even the stalks into the skin as it contains oxalic acid and other toxins. Gives me a rash just handling them and may cause skin conditions in non-sensitive individuals if rubbed in regularly. If you do feel compulsion to try this I would recommend boiling and only using stalks not leaves, like you would if were to consume.

And as for tinfoil hats & clothing that's usually a sign of a nutter
There's no point arguing with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Rushy

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »

Exactly what the government has brainwashed you into believing.

?

novaguy

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

Does your tinfoil hat also protect you from the governments brainwashing raygun
There's no point arguing with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

?

novaguy

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

Maybe that's the source of moons light and detrimental effect. It's where the brainwashing raygun is located. Sorry about that too hard to resist.

Rushy

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »

Maybe that's the source of moons light and detrimental effect. It's where the brainwashing raygun is located. Sorry about that too hard to resist.

They don't need the ray gun unless it is an intelligent person and you definitely don't fit in that category. The moon's detrimental effects are solely due to the Moon Demons.

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
Moonlight is not harmful, in fact it is beneficial to us. I have seen several Moon Angels and they allowed me to conduct a research on them.
Cheesus is so wise I sometimes think he's my alt.
CheesusCrust is wise.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2012, 02:57:33 AM »
Moonlight is not harmful, in fact it is beneficial to us. I have seen several Moon Angels and they allowed me to conduct a research on them.

Good work, Brother Crust. However, being zetetic, I shall not accept your account of this unless you can also tell me you had a dream about these Moon Angels, which would be proof beyond doubt.

Rushy

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:27 AM »
Moon Angels are really just Moon Demons (because demons can be fallen angels). Don't let their trickery coerce you.

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2012, 08:23:35 AM »
Moon Angels can also be fallen demons

Rushy

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
It doesn't work the other way around.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
Moon Angels can also be fallen redeemed demons

Fixed to make a bit more sense.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

novaguy

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »

They don't need the ray gun unless it is an intelligent person and you definitely don't fit in that category. The moon's detrimental effects are solely due to the Moon Demons.

I'm impervious to all brainwashing methods as I have no brain. There is a hamster on a wheel and inside his head is another smaller hamster and so on and so on. Therefor I have no need for tinfoil hats only for fashion statement. That's it I'll stop now I promise I'll post serious although probably not intelligent posts for a while at least, some things just bring out my inner troll especially tinfoil hats.
Do these demons have the means or will to travel to the earth?

Rushy

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »

Do these demons have the means or will to travel to the earth?

We don't know. Iwanttobelieve thinks they will migrate to earth and kill all life. I think if they could go to earth they would have by now, the moon sucks.

?

novaguy

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »

What are the benefits of governments lying about shape of earth. The conspiracy must cost more than it brings in and everyone knows all politicians are greedy and would rather keep money for themselves.