The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards

• 130 Replies

Rushy

The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »
The Moon, we see it on a near daily basis. We are all aware of the hazards the Moon Demons pose to life on earth, but how can we avoid them? It's not like we can run away from the moon. I will compose a short list of basic moon safety tips. The Moon Demons will be defeated in no time at all!

1. Never look directly at the moon without protective blue tinted glasses. This especially goes for telescopes (because they amplify the cold-frequency light's harmful effects).

2. Cover as much of your body as possible when the moon is out. This does not have to apply if the moon is visible during the day (The sun's effects outweigh the moon). Know that aluminum foil is the best protection, but is not necessary for everyone.

3. Properly protect pets during night time hours. Make sure your dog/cat/hamster has a proper place to sleep shielded from the moon. The moon is indiscriminate in what it harms, even plants still get moon burn after years of evolution.

4. As far as current studies are concerned, moon burn can not be avoided by "moon tanning," so please do not attempt this until further studies are conducted.

5. Do not plan any activities on full-moon nights. Stay indoors.

6. Beware of Moon Demon Acolytes. They often come out on nights of a full moon and comment, "The moon is so beautiful tonight, don't you just want to stare at it?"

There you have it, a very basic guide to avoid irreperable harm to you or your loved ones.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:02:39 AM by Irushwithscvs »

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
Re: The Moon: A Helpful Guide to Avoid its Hazards
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:08:52 AM »
If moonljght is unavoidable, a salve made from rhubarb stalks is effective.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:48 AM »
Remember, most humans have evolved to be immune to moonlight.
Animals evolved way before us and are immune.
It was suggested earlier on this forum, that humans not yet evolved should not breed as to not spread this gene.

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »

Do you have evidence to support these outlandish claims?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
yes, years of moonlight exposure with no ill effects by myself and many other millions/billions of humans.
while people like John Davis who has to take tons of baking soda because his tummy is upset is not immune.

there also was a long thread about an immune person here showing his exposure and his diet, with no ill effects.

when man cam out of his caves centuries ago, the one affected to moonlight died off, leaving us immune healthy humans. A few maybe slipped through, resulting in a few affected people, and sadly becaause they spend all there time "inside" they do not know, breed, and just burden there children with this terrible illness.
it is really sad.

very few animals spend all there time inside, so they were immune much before humans.

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
yes, years of moonlight exposure with no ill effects by myself and many other millions/billions of humans.
while people like John Davis who has to take tons of baking soda because his tummy is upset is not immune.

Moon exposure can cause extensive health problems that aren't limited to pain and readily apparent physical damage. Heavy moon exposure can even lead to cancer (not just skin cancer). Animals are not as affected because most have thick fur or scales to shield their organs from direct exposure. Humans do not have any such luxury and clothes are not always adequate.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »

Do you have evidence to support these outlandish claims?

Typical FEDA FSM FOT

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 09:45:36 AM »
maybe the goverment should ban moonlight?
or position the antimoon so it always blocks it?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
the only scientific data i have found is that lots of light while sleeping CAN make you gain weight. a study was performed on mice and they found those exsposed to more light while sleeping became little fat mice. i work nights and this can explain why i have began to gain some weight too (my slim frame makes it obvious). so as much as this post is a joke its worth noting the true effect of a full moon: its as bad as the sun!

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
maybe the goverment should ban moonlight?

Like enforcing a curfew? I doubt that would work.

or position the antimoon so it always blocks it?

Finding the antimoon would be a difficult task. Repositioning it? Infinitely close to impossible.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
This thread should be stickied

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
Heavy moon exposure can even lead to cancer (not just skin cancer).

Post links to data backing this up. Or shut the hell up.

Good grief, this guy works for the US military. God help us all.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »

Ichi has tons of data about it. Unfortunately, he doesn't  post very often anymore.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »

Ichi has tons of data about it. Unfortunately, he doesn't  post very often anymore.

I read Ichi's pathetic experiments. He presented no data at all regarding cancer, and the experiments he did do wouldn't pass muster with a high school class: no adequate control, too many variables in each sample, and so on.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Rushy

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

I don't wish moon cancer on anyone. Please do not attempt to harm others. Your childish trolling is one thing, but when the spread of false information puts people in harms way that is going too far. Even ClockTower won't troll this thread, because he has morals. You? You're pathetic.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

I don't wish moon cancer on anyone. Please do not attempt to harm others. Your childish trolling is one thing, but when the spread of false information puts people in harms way that is going too far. Even ClockTower won't troll this thread, because he has morals. You? You're pathetic.

Post links to data backing "moon cancer" up. Or shut the hell up.

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »

Indeed I do have morals. I have assailed everything the Ichy has inaccurately claimed. He's a failure at science. Posting unsubstantiated claims of harm is immoral and harmful. FEers should be ashamed for the harm they would cause if anyone believed this outlandish thread.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »

Indeed I do have morals. I have assailed everything the Ichy has inaccurately claimed. He's a failure at science. Posting unsubstantiated claims of harm is immoral and harmful. FEers should be ashamed for the harm they would cause if anyone believed this outlandish thread.

Necessary caution heeds no harm to anyone. Unnecessary exposure to the Moon Demons?  Moon cancer.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

Necessary caution heeds no harm to anyone. Unnecessary exposure to the Moon Demons?  Moon cancer.
If the caution were necessary you might be right. If there were "Moon Demon" or "Moon cancer", you might be right. Since you fail at all three, you're wrong--again.

Rushy

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 06:59:34 PM »
If the caution were necessary you might be right. If there were "Moon Demon" or "Moon cancer", you might be right. Since you fail at all three, you're wrong--again.

You're well known as a Moon Demon Acolyte and your words of Moon Worship will not taint this guide.

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

You're well known as a Moon Demon Acolyte and your words of Moon Worship will not taint this guide.
That would be an ad hominem fallacy. You fail, again.

Rushy

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

I like how you don't deny your Moon Worship, you just point at that is a fallacy to use it against you.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »

I like how you don't deny your Moon Worship. , yYou just point atout that it is a fallacy to use it against you.
Oh, I'm sorry. Do you need me to deny the erroneous statements within your fallacy too? OK, I deny any Moon worship. Happy now?

Rushy

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »

I like how you don't deny your Moon Worship. , yYou just point atout that it is a fallacy to use it against you.
Oh, I'm sorry. Do you need me to deny the erroneous statements within your fallacy too? OK, I deny any Moon worship. Happy now?

Do you have any evidence to support your lack of Moon Worship?

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
Do you have any evidence to support your lack of Moon Worship?
Really? You have to resort to that old, tired routine? Please at least be original with your lackluster trolling.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
I like the moon.  It's beautiful, the way the light feels.

Up there... calling to me.. beckoning with open arms.  I'm a part of it, and it's a part of me.

The cops have my house surrounded now, but it doesn't matter..... here I come moon.... my precious

Rushy

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »
I like the moon.  It's beautiful, the way the light feels.

Up there... calling to me.. beckoning with open arms.  I'm a part of it, and it's a part of me.

The cops have my house surrounded now, but it doesn't matter..... here I come moon.... my precious

See what your moon worship causes, clocktower? Another soul tainted because of you.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
i posted one serious post... funny how its overlooked

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »

This statement is very wrong.  People think that they are immune to moonlight because they spend hours at a time in the moonlight with no ill effects.  Moonlight won't kill you from one night of exposure.  It's like standing outside a bar smoking a cigarette saying, "It's okay, I'm immune to lung cancer.  I've been smoking for months and I'm fine." Stating that you are immune to moonlight is both ignorant and dangerous.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »
i posted one serious post... funny how its overlooked

It was probably overlooked because it was off-topic and irrelevant.  Interesting perhaps, but irrelevant nonetheless.