Gravity vs Love

• 21 Replies
Gravity vs Love
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
I've been reading lots about UA vs Gravity. The main argument against gravity seems to be that although the effects and interactions can be described and explained, it can't be sufficiently explained why it happens.

The same reasoning could also be applied to 'love'. We're all aware of the effects of love, how it feels, the fact that it's caused by chemical reactions, but I've yet to see anyone explain why it happens.

Thus, I think this conclusively proves that love doesn't exist.

If any flat earther would like to confirm or deny this, could they please do so? I'm interested in seeing why you would apply this particular logic to gravity, but not to any other particular observable phenomena.

THANKS IN ADVANCE - I AM INCLUDING A SMILEY FACE TO SHOW THAT I CARE  :)

Re: Gravity vs Love
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
I've been reading lots about UA vs Gravity. The main argument against gravity seems to be that although the effects and interactions can be described and explained, it can't be sufficiently explained why it happens.

The same reasoning could also be applied to 'love'. We're all aware of the effects of love, how it feels, the fact that it's caused by chemical reactions, but I've yet to see anyone explain why it happens.

If any flat earther would like to confirm or deny this, could they please do so? I'm interested in seeing why you would apply this particular logic to gravity, but not to any other particular observable phenomena.

Well, the UA cannot be explained as well. As far I know FE believers cannot prove that UA actually exists or why it exists.

So, using the same argument FE believers do, UA is not a valid proposition to explain the "gravity" we experience.

Rushy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

This is one of the single worst arguments I have yet to encounter.

Well, the UA cannot be explained as well. As far I know FE believers cannot prove that UA actually exists or why it exists.

So, using the same argument FE believers do, UA is not a valid proposition to explain the "gravity" we experience.

UA is on equal terms with gravity. Meaning both are equally valid.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »
Where does that leave us with LOVE then? Does it exist?

I need to know, because I really like someone, and I'd rather it be because of something that exists, otherwise it's pointless and I'll have to cancel our date.

We might do this :  :-*, and I'd hate to do that if love didnt' exist.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »

I can't work out why. Surely you can see the correlation between the FE thoughts on gravity, and why that exact same logic should be applied to LOVE?

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Where does that leave us with LOVE then? Does it exist?

I need to know, because I really like someone, and I'd rather it be because of something that exists, otherwise it's pointless and I'll have to cancel our date.

We might do this :  :-*, and I'd hate to do that if love didnt' exist.

The only thing I learnt here so far is that if you believe it exist, it exists.

Therefore earth is round and flat at the same time. It just depends of you =)

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »

I can't work out why. Surely you can see the correlation between the FE thoughts on gravity, and why that exact same logic should be applied to LOVE?

You're applying physics to psychology. That in itself is an illogical action.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »
You're applying physics to psychology. That in itself is an illogical action.

Except that I'm not, I'm applying FE logic to physics, and also to psychology. And technically speaking, love isn't 'psychology', but I'll let that one slide.

FE uses the logic : "NO-ONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY IT WORKS, THEREFORE IT DOESN'T EXIST", and applies to gravity. That logic could also be applied to a number of other things, and the one I have selected for this particular debate is LOVE, which is topical because I have an upcoming date.

So, are you able to provide an answer?

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »
Love is an emotion so yes of course it exists.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
Gravity is a force so yes of course it exists.

Anyone can play that particular game though.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »
Gravity is a force so yes of course it exists.

Anyone can play that particular game though.

Correct if gravity was a force, which it isn't.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »

Here's a site with pretty colours that says it is:

http://www.icteachers.co.uk/children/sats/gravity.htm

Rushy

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »

The four fundamental forces of the universe are: Electromagnetic, Strong nuclear, weak nuclear, and dark

Nope, I'm not seeing any gravity.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »

Sorry dude
it doesn't matter what this site says

Gravity isn't a force, but it is experienced as such.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
The four fundamental forces of the universe are: Electromagnetic, Strong nuclear, weak nuclear, and dark

Nope, I'm not seeing any gravity.

Can you provide a source that shows this?

Also, this is a bit of a straw man. My original question was - if you're applying that logic to gravity, why not apply it to love?

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 12:55:46 PM »

Okay it's a force if you're 9 years old.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »

Which is nice.

But, tell me, can you answer my original question? I'm supposed to be going on this date tomorrow, and I'd like ample time to politely cancel if love doesn't actually exist.

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »

Which is nice.

But, tell me, can you answer my original question? I'm supposed to be going on this date tomorrow, and I'd like ample time to politely cancel if love doesn't actually exist.

Love exist because you experience it.

Now, if you want to find the causes of love using the FET techniques, you can say anything you want that fulfils your biases.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
I don't understand what you're asking.

Gravity = acceleration
UA = acceleration

Love = emotion.

We don't know what causes the acceleration due to gravity. FET does not know what causes acceleration due to UA.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »

The fact that we can't explain gravity is not used by anyone here as a reason to not believe in gravity.  So rest easy on your date; FES presents no reason to think that love doesn't exist, and it's probably not what you're after anyway.

Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 10:20:45 AM »

Love is a byproduct of evolution. On the African grasslands, people would fall in love, reproduce and get sick of each other after four years. This trend can still be seen today in average marriage lengths across all countries (except in countries where women cannot divorce for finincial or legal reasons). This four year love period is just long enough to raise a child out of infancy after conception.

People love their children forever because it's a way of protecting their genes. If they protect and help their children then there will be a greater chance of their children reproducing. Loving step-children is a byproduct of this. If every parent has the capacity to love other's children then their own bastard children may find loving homes as well.

Loving close relatitives also protects a persons genes. Loving your nephew protects a quarter of your gens. Loving a sibling protects half.

Loving puppies is a misfiring of love for children.

Finally, people that fall in love with things like chairs or radiators are just crazy. I hope that brief summary covered all the aspects of love. I'm sure I've forgotten at least one, but it all boils down to spreading your seed or protecting your genes. So there, the reasons why love happenes explained. Gravity not.

:'(

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »

Which is nice.

Love exist because you experience it.

Now, if you want to find the causes of love using the FET techniques, you can say anything you want that fulfils your biases.

Love is a series of chemical reactions which take place in the brain. They have been directly observed and are well understood. Gravity is a something that does something and is caused by something and makes mass attract other mass.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:38:18 PM by Tausami »