Care to be consistent?

• 87 Replies

Rushy

Re: Care to be consistent?
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
I would need an observatory sized telescope to capture pictures of the moon clear enough to outline the moon shrimp. This means reserving an Observatory for use (And paying for that time), awaiting the appearance of a relatively large shrimp movement (they are seen easiest while on the move) and then after all this preparation, pray that NASA has not tampered with the observatory telescope.
Why would you need a bigger telescope to capture what you can already see? I guess we now know that you're lying or delusional. Thanks for the evidence.
You apparently don't understand how telescopes work. I'm starting to wonder if you're really into any type of science. Are you an Arts major?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
Not to mention that Rush is just using the word "shrimp" out of simplicity. All we know about them for sure is that they may look shrimp-like, they emit harmful light, and they are telepathic. When their existence is proven, and it will be, do not be surprised if they do not align with your preconceptions.
I'm sure that if Rush weren't delusional or lying, that he could draw what he's seen, have skeptics view through his magic telescope, and about a dozen other definitive efforts. Of course that he hasn't done so means that he's delusional or lying.

As we know, the shrimp-like creatures ARE telepathic. They choose who to reveal themselves to and who not to. I once talked to a Native American who said that he used to conduct sweat lodges and in the glowing red stones he would often see what he thought looked like shrimp. He didn't know why, but for years after that, he was inexplicably drawn to the magnificence of the moon. Innately though, he knew not to stare at it for long periods. Eventually, he bought a telascope and gazed at the moon. That night, having finally gone the extra mile, the moon creatures showed themselves to my friend. He had many questions for them that they were more than willing to answer. They told him that most people only see shaded craters when they look at the moon because that's what the creatures want them to see. They also warned mankind to be more respectful of their environment and when my friend asked why they appeared to him, they told him it was because he was special and open minded.

Now, I know that the creatures telepathically show themselves to Earthlings, it's happened to at least one person on this forum.  I dont know if they actually look like shrimp or if that's how they choose to be seen. Now, if Rush had a similar experience, I cannot say. Perhaps they are waiting for him to take just one more step.

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

As we know, the shrimp-like creatures ARE telepathic. They choose who to reveal themselves to and who not to. I once talked to a Native American who said that he used to conduct sweat lodges and in the glowing red stones he would often see what he thought looked like shrimp. He didn't know why, but for years after that, he was inexplicably drawn to the magnificence of the moon. Innately though, he knew not to stare at it for long periods. Eventually, he bought a telascope and gazed at the moon. That night, having finally gone the extra mile, the moon creatures showed themselves to my friend. He had many questions for them that they were more than willing to answer. They told him that most people only see shaded craters when they look at the moon because that's what the creatures want them to see. They also warned mankind to be more respectful of their environment and when my friend asked why they appeared to him, they told him it was because he was special and open minded.

Now, I know that the creatures telepathically show themselves to Earthlings, it's happened to at least one person on this forum.  I dont know if they actually look like shrimp or if that's how they choose to be seen. Now, if Rush had a similar experience, I cannot say. Perhaps they are waiting for him to take just one more step.
And that fallacy would be special pleading. It's so nice of you to make such obvious mistakes.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
As a member of the military, if I were to provide irrefutable evidence of an indigenous life form that resides on the moon and causes detrimental effects to humanity, I would have no choice but to recommend their immediate termination to military commanders.

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »
As a member of the military, if I were to provide irrefutable evidence of an indigenous life form that resides on the moon and causes detrimental effects to humanity, I would have no choice but to recommend their immediate termination to military commanders.
So?

Also that fallacy would be a false dichotomy. There are more options than just immediate termination.

Also, what's keeping you from recommending their immediate termination? Don't you already know all that?

Rushy

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »
So?

Also that fallacy would be a false dichotomy. There are more options than just immediate termination.

Also, what's keeping you from recommending their immediate termination? Don't you already know all that?

I can surmise that a creature exists and it is harmful to humans. Convincing multiple MAJCOM commanders, SECDEF, and PotUS would require an ungodly amount of evidence. Probably nothing short of me catching one in a jar. I also don't see any other options than termination. Negotiation is not an option (We can't ask a life form to stop living as a form of negotiation) and we can not allow a creature to harm us knowingly.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2012, 11:19:33 PM »
So?

I can surmise that a creature exists and it is harmful to humans. Convincing multiple MAJCOM commanders, SECDEF, and PotUS would require an ungodly amount of evidence. Probably nothing short of me catching one in a jar. I also don't see any other options than termination. Negotiation is not an option (We can't ask a life form to stop living as a form of negotiation) and we can not allow a creature to harm us knowingly.
HAHAHA

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
So?

So you can only surmise that a creature exists. Here I thought you had seen them and knew that they exist.

Backpedal much?

We'll just take that as a concession. Thanks.

Oh, and there are lots of options. You simply fail. You'd, for example, don't know that they have to emit all the frequencies. Perhaps they need only supplemental vitamins to avoid emit light.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »
So?

Plus the creatures could most likely telepathically project the image of an empty jar =\

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
Plus the creatures could most likely telepathically project the image of an empty jar =\
Again: special pleading fallacy.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »
In your case, they would project the image of an invisable floating dragon in your garage.

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »
In your case, they would project the image of an invisable floating dragon in your garage.
Now you're making no sense in two ways: projecting an invisible image?? How does that work for you? I am even more concerned for your mental health now.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »
I was in a book I read once. I guess you're not in the know. It was about dragons and demons and aliens.

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »
I was in a book I read once. I guess you're not in the know. It was about dragons and demons and aliens.
Thinking that an author was referring to you as you read a book is usually a sign of mental illness. Do see a professional soon please.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
I meant to say "it". I sorry, I know you can't handle typos. I post from a phone and I'm afraid it's difficult to proof what I post. I'll endeavor to do better for you.

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2012, 04:01:05 AM »
I'm going to be submitting this paper for peer review soon, tell me what you think.

PURPOSE: To find a cure for HIV/AIDS.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:  Researchers surveyed 1000 people to find anyone who had witnessed AIDS having been cured.
RESULTS: 4 Respondents claimed to have seen AIDS cured. Of those respondents, 3 claimed it was through prayer, and 1 claimed it was by rubbing acorns all over his body.
CONCLUSION: It appears as though praying while rubbing acorns on your body is the most effective treatment for AIDS and a promising potential cure.

Notice any problems with this method of gathering data?
Look, first hand observation may seem like convincing evidence if you are the one seeing it happen, but eye witness testimony ranks among the least compelling types of evidence when trying to convince others. My example demonstrates this. The Salem witch trials demonstrate what happens when people do accept eye witness testimony.

Rushy

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »
Many good laughs were had in this thread.  Especially AnonConda's assertion that eye witnesses are never and should never be taken as evidence.

Oh, and there are lots of options. You simply fail. You'd, for example, don't know that they have to emit all the frequencies. Perhaps they need only supplemental vitamins to avoid emit light.
This just shows that you're a satanic moon worshipper. Of course you would want the moon demons to live, you love them.

Moon demons...I like it better than shrimp.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:51:23 AM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »
Many good laughs were had in this thread.  Especially AnonConda's assertion that eye witnesses are never and should never be taken as evidence.
Laughs were had, but at no point have I asserted that eye witnesses can never be taken as evidence. Just that it is among the weakest forms of evidence. Eye witness (A) pointing at suspect (B) and saying he committed a crime is trumped by the DNA and Cell phone record evidence implicating (A) as the true criminal. Without such evidence, it is the word of person A verses person B.

I simply gave examples of how eye witness accounts can be used inappropriately, and why a true skeptic, some one who is really zetetic, would search for something more SUBSTANTIAL than eye witness testimony. 

Rushy

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2012, 07:15:10 AM »
Laughs were had, but at no point have I asserted that eye witnesses can never be taken as evidence. Just that it is among the weakest forms of evidence. Eye witness (A) pointing at suspect (B) and saying he committed a crime is trumped by the DNA and Cell phone record evidence implicating (A) as the true criminal. Without such evidence, it is the word of person A verses person B.

I simply gave examples of how eye witness accounts can be used inappropriately, and why a true skeptic, some one who is really zetetic, would search for something more SUBSTANTIAL than eye witness testimony.

If you want to provide the funding for my expedition to the moon I'll be glad to gather more evidence.

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »

If you want to provide the funding for my expedition to the moon I'll be glad to gather more evidence.
Even if you were serious about your claim direct observation of moon shrimp (they sound delicious btw), this claim is not compelling because you provided no means for others to make the same observations. If we all could obtain this direct observation, that would be fantastic.

OK, let me make this simple. All I am asking is for evidence of celestial gears, bendy light, or moon critters. This evidence must meet the same standards by which FES members judge RE evidence by. If your criteria is direct observation, provide a means by which I and other scientists can directly observe these phenomena.
That is all.

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 08:28:23 AM »

This just shows that you're a satanic moon worshipper. Of course you would want the moon demons to live, you love them.

FSM. I never said that I wanted the 'moon demons' or even 'moon shrimp' to live.

Rushy

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »

FSM. I never said that I wanted the 'moon demons' or even 'moon shrimp' to live.

You obviously want to keep the option open. Pleasing the moon demons seems to be the only thing on your agenda now.

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »

You obviously want to keep the option open. Pleasing the moon demons seems to be the only thing on your agenda now.
Again FSM. I never said that I want to keep the option open.

I worry that you're having trouble comprehending. Perhaps, it's time for a check-up for you. Please make an appointment soon. We're worried about you.

Rushy

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »

I worry that you're having trouble comprehending. Perhaps, it's time for a check-up for you. Please make an appointment soon. We're worried about you.

If you don't want the option to be open, why suggest it at all? For the pure sake of derailing yet another discussion?

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »

If you don't want the option to be open, why suggest it at all? For the pure sake of derailing yet another discussion?
If I wanted the option to be open, I would say so. Arguing about what I didn't say is derailing this discussion. Perhaps you'd like to debate the points I did make instead of making up things. Should I expect you to be honest or not?

Rushy

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »

If I wanted the option to be open, I would say so. Arguing about what I didn't say is derailing this discussion. Perhaps you'd like to debate the points I did make instead of making up things. Should I expect you to be honest or not?

You clearly had an intention to show options other than immediate termination. You seem to think because something is not explicitly said that it isn't made clearly as a point in your words. I dare to hope that social skills is not something that would be missing on your résumé.

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »
You clearly had an intention to show options other than immediate termination. You seem to think because something is not explicitly said that it isn't made clearly as a point in your words. I dare to hope that social skills is not something that would be missing on your résumé.
So, I showed that there are other options. That in no way indicates that I favor any option. Please do pay attention.

If you're making conclusions like these without reason, then I do worry for you. Again, you appear to need help.

Rushy

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
So, I showed that there are other options. That in no way indicates that I favor any option. Please do pay attention.

If you're making conclusions like these without reason, then I do worry for you. Again, you appear to need help.

Your attempts to hide your moon demon worship are futile.