Care to be consistent?

• 87 Replies
?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: Care to be consistent?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »
The use of the word 'troll' automatically exempts your post from consideration in any discussion on consistency.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »
automatically exempts your post from consideration

You know, you folks seem to have an inordinate amount of criteria which lead to this decision.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »
Likewise, I'm sure.

zarg

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
It's not really in the spirit of free thinking though, is it?
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Rushy

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
I don't know about you, but I dirently observe the moon shrimp just about every night.

Do you observe the moon shrimp themselves or do you observe the effects of the shrimp?

I have repeatedly observed their effects, however I have seldom viewed them with a telescope. I believe they may be subterranean in nature.

It wasn't just out of the blue.  I personally observed a couple of wobbles.

He grew increasingly sarcastic, then went entirely troll.  That is not a wobble. 

On december 22nd he made a comment that he thought 50 percent of the fEers were just one person with alts.  And byt eh 25th he was suddenly an fer.

Truth is not a gradual process. Truth becomes known.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:39:45 PM by Irushwithscvs »

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »
The use of the word 'troll' automatically exempts your post from consideration in any discussion on consistency.

What is the thought process behind this conclusion?  I disagree.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
I don't know about you, but I dirently observe the moon shrimp just about every night.

Do you observe the moon shrimp themselves or do you observe the effects of the shrimp?

I have repeatedly observed their effects, however I have seldom viewed them with a telescope. I believe they may be subterranean in nature.

It wasn't just out of the blue.  I personally observed a couple of wobbles.

He grew increasingly sarcastic, then went entirely troll.  That is not a wobble. 

On december 22nd he made a comment that he thought 50 percent of the fEers were just one person with alts.  And byt eh 25th he was suddenly an fer.

Truth is not a gradual process. Truth becomes known.

Just lol... Okay, scvs, just have your fun playing devils advocate then.

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

So you don't 'directly observe the moon shrimp' any time, especially not every night, right? Any other posts you got wrong?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »

So you don't 'directly observe the moon shrimp' any time, especially not every night, right? Any other posts you got wrong?
Well for one, I said just about every night. Indeed, sometimes the moon never shows up. You know the moon shrimp phases right? Sometimes the moon is on the day side of the planet. I know, hard to imagine, but it happens.

When I do see the moon, however, I am directly observing the shrimp. Afterall, what is observing something if it isn't the processing of photons emitted by that object? I see photons emitted by the moon shrimp, therefore I observe them.

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

Well for one, I said just about every night. Indeed, sometimes the moon never shows up. You know the moon shrimp phases right? Sometimes the moon is on the day side of the planet. I know, hard to imagine, but it happens.

When I do see the moon, however, I am directly observing the shrimp. Afterall, what is observing something if it isn't the processing of photons emitted by that object? I see photons emitted by the moon shrimp, therefore I observe them.
No. You'd have to be able to discern that they are indeed shrimp before you could determine that you weren't just viewing their effects. The photons involved could, for example, have been emitted by the shrimp, absorbed by dust on the lunar surface and then re-emitted to you. So the effect is indirect and you've not observed the shrimp directly.

Have you had high school physics yet?

Rushy

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
The ones I witnessed were created directly by the moon shrimp inhabitants. Only the darker areas are portions where the shrimp are less dense and deeper undergroud.

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
The ones I witnessed were created directly by the moon shrimp inhabitants. Only the darker areas are portions where the shrimp are less dense and deeper undergroud.
Tell us how you know that the ones you witness almost every night come directly from moon shrimp inhabitants. You are just making things up, aren't you?

Rushy

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
Tell us how you know that the ones you witness almost every night come directly from moon shrimp inhabitants. You are just making things up, aren't you?
Are you suggesting the light comes from somewhere else? I suggest you wait for the moon to appear during the day and then look where the sun is. Chances are they won't line up at all. That is because the light from the moon isn't reflected sun light.

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Are you suggesting the light comes from somewhere else? I suggest you wait for the moon to appear during the day and then look where the sun is. Chances are they won't line up at all. That is because the light from the moon isn't reflected sun light.
I certainly allow for the possibility just like an zetetic would.

No, that logic fails horribly. Two things don't have to 'line up'  for one to illuminate the other. You are arguing from a false premise.

Have you had high school math? Do you understand the basics of how to argue?

I repeat: Tell us how you know that the ones you witness almost every night come directly from moon shrimp inhabitants. You are just making things up, aren't you?

Rushy

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 02:22:27 PM »
Two things don't have to 'line up'  for one to illuminate the other.
When I shine a flash light in one direction, the area behind me should light up? Fascinating.

I repeat: Tell us how you know that the ones you witness almost every night come directly from moon shrimp inhabitants. You are just making things up, aren't you?

I told you I can observe the moon shrimp through my telescope. Which I jury rigged together with hand picked OEM parts. I couldn't just buy any telescope, they might have been tampered with. You understand.

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 02:28:21 PM »
When I shine a flash light in one direction, the area behind me should light up? Fascinating.

I told you I can observe the moon shrimp through my telescope. Which I jury rigged together with hand picked OEM parts. I couldn't just buy any telescope, they might have been tampered with. You understand.
Okay, tell us how you can. What magnification is your homemade telescope? How big is the smallest shrimp you can see? Why haven't you posted photos of your telescope and the moon shrimp that you can see?

You are just making things up, aren't you?

Rushy

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

Okay, tell us how you can. What magnification is your homemade telescope? How big is the smallest shrimp you can see? Why haven't you posted photos of your telescope and the moon shrimp that you can see?

The magnification is at max 150x, but that is using my largest lens and it is wonky to work with. I usually work with 70x. I have been thus far unable to capture a clear picture of the moon shrimp themselves, however some viewings have shown evidence of the creature's movement as I've found disturbed dust streaks along the moon.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Protip: Clocktower is trying to trick you into saying that you've seen them so that he can start talking about how that's impossible.

Rushy

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
Protip: Clocktower is trying to trick you into saying that you've seen them so that he can start talking about how that's impossible.
I was hoping to come back to another thrilling chapter of ClockTower Chronicles but I come back to this.  >:(

zarg

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »
Clocktower is trying to trick you into saying that you've seen them

What, you mean like this?

I directly observe the moon shrimp just about every night.

Please try to pay attention.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
Clocktower is trying to trick you into saying that you've seen them

What, you mean like this?

I directly observe the moon shrimp just about every night.

Please try to pay attention.

No, it would more be him saying,

i saw a moonshramp the other nite. It sed hi

zarg

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »
Post sober please.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
Post sober please.

That was an actual quote.

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »

The magnification is at max 150x, but that is using my largest lens and it is wonky to work with. I usually work with 70x. I have been thus far unable to capture a clear picture of the moon shrimp themselves, however some viewings have shown evidence of the creature's movement as I've found disturbed dust streaks along the moon.
So what's keeping you from documenting these observations? Your Nobel Prize awaits you.

Rushy

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

So what's keeping you from documenting these observations? Your Nobel Prize awaits you.

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »

So what is keeping you from capturing a clear picture of the moon shrimp themselves? Your Nobel Prize awaits you. Also you could just invite the Nobel Prize Committee over to your magical telescope to see for themselves.

And, AFAIK, the only other people who aren't able to capture clear pictures of what that can readily and repeatedly see are delusional or lying.

Rushy

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 10:24:38 PM »
I would need an observatory sized telescope to capture pictures of the moon clear enough to outline the moon shrimp. This means reserving an Observatory for use (And paying for that time), awaiting the appearance of a relatively large shrimp movement (they are seen easiest while on the move) and then after all this preparation, pray that NASA has not tampered with the observatory telescope.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »
Not to mention that Rush is just using the word "shrimp" out of simplicity. All we know about them for sure is that they may look shrimp-like, they emit harmful light, and they are telepathic. When their existence is proven, and it will be, do not be surprised if they do not align with your preconceptions.

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
Not to mention that Rush is just using the word "shrimp" out of simplicity. All we know about them for sure is that they may look shrimp-like, they emit harmful light, and they are telepathic. When their existence is proven, and it will be, do not be surprised if they do not align with your preconceptions.
I'm sure that if Rush weren't delusional or lying, that he could draw what he's seen, have skeptics view through his magic telescope, and about a dozen other definitive efforts. Of course that he hasn't done so means that he's delusional or lying.

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »
I would need an observatory sized telescope to capture pictures of the moon clear enough to outline the moon shrimp. This means reserving an Observatory for use (And paying for that time), awaiting the appearance of a relatively large shrimp movement (they are seen easiest while on the move) and then after all this preparation, pray that NASA has not tampered with the observatory telescope.
Why would you need a bigger telescope to capture what you can already see? I guess we now know that you're lying or delusional. Thanks for the evidence.