My questions

• 18 Replies
My questions
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:43 PM »
I was wondering if the earth is flat.. Then were does the water go shouldn't it fall off the side of the earth?

Also You said the stars are projected into the sky.. Whats projecting the stars, and if its some large projector and not a ball of gas then how does the sun warm us as it does?

How big are the planets if not like the ones in round maps.

Is the earth in the center of the universe again. or is it the sun??

What do you believe about the moon landing. You know Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon. :-X

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
Re: My questions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
I was wondering if the earth is flat.. Then were does the water go shouldn't it fall off the side of the earth?

Also You said the stars are projected into the sky.. Whats projecting the stars, and if its some large projector and not a ball of gas then how does the sun warm us as it does?

How big are the planets if not like the ones in round maps.

Is the earth in the center of the universe again. or is it the sun??

What do you believe about the moon landing. You know Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon. :-X
Please read the FAQ.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
Only three of those questions are answered in the FAQ.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »
Only three of those questions are answered in the FAQ.

Well then, he or she can come back with a more concise list of questions for us to dismiss.

zarg

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
Or you could actually read a post before dismissing it entirely.
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »
Or he or she could read the FAQ before posting.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

zarg

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:27:21 AM »
And how are those two suggestions mutually exclusive?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »

The 'Or' operator does not mean mutually exclusive.  That would be the 'Xor' operator.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »

The 'Or' operator does not mean mutually exclusive.  That would be the 'Xor' operator.

I guess you didn't make it down this far:

Quote from: Wiki
Following this kind of common-sense intuition about "or", it is sometimes argued that in many natural languages, English included, the word "or" has an "exclusive" sense. The exclusive disjunction of a pair of propositions, (p, q), is supposed to mean that p is true or q is true, but not both. For example, it might be argued that the normal intention of a statement like "You may have coffee, or you may have tea" is to stipulate that exactly one of the conditions can be true.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
It's the incorrect use of the word or that's confusing the issue.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »

Following this kind of common-sense intuition about "or", it is sometimes argued that in many natural languages, English included, the word "or" has an "exclusive" sense. The exclusive disjunction of a pair of propositions, (p, q), is supposed to mean that p is true or q is true, but not both. For example, it might be argued that the normal intention of a statement like "You may have coffee, or you may have tea" is to stipulate that exactly one of the conditions can be true.

And they would be sometimes wrong.  After all, why should you not be allowed to have coffee and tea?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Um, hasn't this thread been derailed enough?  You've probably all scared poor Tnlamp away.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Around And About

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »

And they would be sometimes wrong.  After all, why should you not be allowed to have coffee and tea?

So, we have established that in common English 'or' can sometimes mean 'XOR' and sometimes 'OR', thus rendering your initial objection irrelevant, thanks. I don't know how good your English is, but here's an example:

XOR: Would you like to go to the mall, or get groceries?

OR: Would you like to go to the mall or get groceries?

There's a matter of inflection apart from the comma which I can't convey, of course, but hopefully you get the idea.

Hopefully this addresses the OP's questions, thank you.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

zarg

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »
markjo's statement is correct because he said "the 'Or' operator".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_operation

So technically the statement wasn't about English grammar, because then "or" would be considered a conjunction, not an operator. ;)

Hopefully this addresses the OP's questions, thank you.

lol

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
Another victory for FE

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
Um, hasn't this thread been derailed enough?  You've probably all scared poor Tnlamp away.
I like how this was conveniently ignored.  Anyhoo, Tnlamp, if you are reading this, please read the FAQ and then please make a new thread with any questions you have.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

zarg

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
Or you could actually read a post before dismissing it entirely.

?

Around And About

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 04:15:28 PM »
Xor he or she could read the FAQ before posting.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »