Hi looking for some photographic evidence of the conspiracy/flat earth

• 108 Replies
Re: Hi looking for some photographic evidence of the conspiracy/flat earth
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »
Excellent. Come back and talk to me when you've been out there and seen for yourself.
I flew around the world when I was younger and there's never been a shred of doubt in my mind about the globe that we call Earth.
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
Excellent. Come back and talk to me when you've been out there and seen for yourself.
I flew around the world when I was younger and there's never been a shred of doubt in my mind about the globe that we call Earth.

How so?

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
You'll see when you get your stubborn arse onto a plane and go overseas my good sir. You will have the only proof you can truely believe - something you've seen with your own two eyes. Clearly you FE'ers will no accept any evidence or science that anyone presents you with, so see it for yourself!
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Rushy

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
You'll see when you get your stubborn arse onto a plane and go overseas my good sir. You will have the only proof you can truely believe - something you've seen with your own two eyes. Clearly you FE'ers will no accept any evidence or science that anyone presents you with, so see it for yourself!

What is this magical evidence that appears when I ride a plane?

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »

What is this magical evidence that appears when I ride a plane?

For one thing, aircraft would need to travel nearly twice as fast in the southern hemisphere (hemidisk?) as they do in the North to fit with FET. That might be interesting evidence.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
Tausami, what personally proves to you that the earth is flat.

It was a gradual change for me. I started out as an RE'er and angry noob. Then I grew to like the people on the forum (somehow) and reincarnated myself as a rational human being. I was like Clocktower, but less clocktowerish. Then I became a DA because it seemed more fun. Around this time I performed the Bedford level experiment on a local river, which I suppose planted the seeds of doubt. Eventually as I argued for and against FET I realized that the two theories wee actually about equal in strength and that the only reason for RET's supposed superiority was that they'd had more time, funds, and manpower to improve their theory. I suppose it was repeated tests of Bedford that cynched it for me, as well as realizing that refraction wasn't a very strong argument and learning more about FET history.

tl;dr, it's complicated.
Of course, you can't perform that Bedford Level experiment on a river since it isn't level. So I guess we know you're a liar. Thanks for documenting that for us!
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »

It was a gradual change for me. I started out as an RE'er and angry noob. Then I grew to like the people on the forum (somehow) and reincarnated myself as a rational human being. I was like Clocktower, but less clocktowerish. Then I became a DA because it seemed more fun. Around this time I performed the Bedford level experiment on a local river, which I suppose planted the seeds of doubt. Eventually as I argued for and against FET I realized that the two theories wee actually about equal in strength and that the only reason for RET's supposed superiority was that they'd had more time, funds, and manpower to improve their theory. I suppose it was repeated tests of Bedford that cynched it for me, as well as realizing that refraction wasn't a very strong argument and learning more about FET history.

tl;dr, it's complicated.
Of course, you can't perform that Bedford Level experiment on a river since it isn't level. So I guess we know you're a liar. Thanks for documenting that for us!

I doubt Tausami performed the experiment while traversing white water rapids.

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »

tl;dr, it's complicated.

I doubt Tausami performed the experiment while traversing white water rapids.
I agree. But you attack a straw man.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:53 AM »

tl;dr, it's complicated.
What were the results of your experiments on the water?
I have tried experiments with a telescope across water, and they were inconclusive.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »

As a child my parents owned a small plane. I never saw any evidence of the Earth being round.

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »

As a child my parents owned a small plane. I never saw any evidence of the Earth being round.
How does parental plane ownership qualify for consideration? Didn't you see the Sun set or rise? Didn't you see the Sun stay the same apparent size throughout the day? Didn't you see clouds lit from underneath? Didn't you see tops of hills and mountain illuminated when their bottoms weren't?

I guess it's just like that Bedford Level experiments you lamely conducted on a river.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »

tl;dr, it's complicated.
I have tried experiments with a telescope across water, and they were inconclusive.
I'm still waiting.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »

tl;dr, it's complicated.
I'm still waiting.

Oh, sorry. I tested positive for FET.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
I tested positive for FET.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »

How does parental plane ownership qualify for consideration? Didn't you see the Sun set or rise? Didn't you see the Sun stay the same apparent size throughout the day? Didn't you see clouds lit from underneath? Didn't you see tops of hills and mountain illuminated when their bottoms weren't?

I guess it's just like that Bedford Level experiments you lamely conducted on a river.

My point being that I've been on a plane before and it didn't prove anything.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »

tl;dr, it's complicated.
I'm still waiting.

Oh, sorry. I tested positive for FET.

Would you care to post your data for review?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
My point being that I've been on a plane before and it didn't prove anything.
Why would you expect proof?

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
Didn't you see the Sun set or rise? Didn't you see the Sun stay the same apparent size throughout the day? Didn't you see clouds lit from underneath? Didn't you see tops of hills and mountain illuminated when their bottoms weren't?
Good point about the size of the sun. I hadn't even realised that yet. Have they not seen the sun when it's half above the horizon???

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »

Would you care to post your data for review?
Thanks for the reminder.  I did a 'Bedford experiment' several months ago, and put off organizing the pictures and posting it.

Started aligning them and marking some points last week, but forgot about it again after dealing with crap all weekend and last few days.  I'll finish up the three comparison pictures and the 4th layered picture and get it posted tonight or tomorrow.