Continental Drift Theory.

• 47 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Continental Drift Theory.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »
Plate Tectonic Believers constantly harp on about how we find the same species of dinosaur on one coast and another coast on the opposite side of the ocean. Yet we find human fossils and remains (and indeed, modern, living humans) on the opposite sides of those same coasts. If humans managed to travel across without walking over some antediluvean supercontinent, why couldn't dinosaurs??
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »
Plate Tectonic Believers constantly harp on about how we find the same species of dinosaur on one coast and another coast on the opposite side of the ocean. Yet we find human fossils and remains (and indeed, modern, living humans) on the opposite sides of those same coasts. If humans managed to travel across without walking over some antediluvean supercontinent, why couldn't dinosaurs??
Did you happen to notice that human fossils occur with clear evidence of the civilization and technology. Ever notice a Mayan pyramid? Did you happen to notice that dinosaur fossil do not occur with any evidence to civilization or technology?

It's not so much that dinosaurs could not have crossed the seas at will, it's just as likely as the hoof beats being unicorns rather than horses.

Of course, there's a lot more PT evidence than just fossils. You seem to be ignoring your zetetic method. Go and get all of the evidence yourself, without any preconceived theories, and then and only then make a decision.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 02:01:24 AM »
Given the woefully small percentage of all dinosaurs which ever lived having been preserved by fossilisation, why would we have any reason to suspect that the comparatively small number of boats they would have used might be found by modern excavators?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
Given the woefully small percentage of all dinosaurs which ever lived having been preserved by fossilisation, why would we have any reason to suspect that the comparatively small number of boats they would have used might be found by modern excavators?
Since dinosaurs are still here and, as you've claimed, still building boats, you should have every reason to expect these boats to be all about.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 06:55:01 AM »
I don't see how plate tectonics are incompatible with FE. I think it's probable that PT is true, just with slight differences to how it would work in RE. Such as the Ice wall being made from the fragments of several hubward plates.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
Alright. I'll use small words. Things would look very, very different if plate tectonics were real.

How would things look different?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »
Since dinosaurs are still here and, as you've claimed, still building boats, you should have every reason to expect these boats to be all about.

I was referring to boats built by prehistoric dinosaurs. However, you are correct that many modern dinosaurs still engage in boat-building on a recreational scale (the great galleons of prehistory have been rendered obsolete since most dinosaurs gained the power of flight).

Here is photographic evidence of a modern dinosaur travelling in a coracle it has build for itself, much as its ancient ancestors also did.

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »

I was referring to boats built by prehistoric dinosaurs. However, you are correct that many modern dinosaurs still engage in boat-building on a recreational scale (the great galleons of prehistory have been rendered obsolete since most dinosaurs gained the power of flight).

Here is photographic evidence of a modern dinosaur travelling in a coracle it has build for itself, much as its ancient ancestors also did.
No that's not evidence of any travel. I think you'd need at least two photos to support that conclusion.

So why aren't penguins and ostriches still building boats?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
Here is high quality footage of a dinosaur boat which is under way:

When will your unreasonable demands for further evidence of this simple fact end??

?

trig

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »

When will your unreasonable demands for further evidence of this simple fact end??
So, now the birds are constructing flat 30cm by 30cm wooden plates? Do they make the circular saws to cut the tree and slice it as flat plates, or do they buy them from other dinosaurs?

Don't you think it more likely that a very sadistic person placed the nest on a wooden plate and threw it into a lake, and the bird is trying very hard to save it?

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »
James why are these so-called boats so often spotted high in trees? The evidence plainly shows that they are seaplanes, not boats. This also explains why the planes have not been excavated: They were landed high up on mountains. After all this time, it's quite likely that the subterranean dragons would have consumed all of the mountain dinosaur seaplanes prior to transforming the mountains into volcanoes.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

So, now the birds are constructing flat 30cm by 30cm wooden plates? Do they make the circular saws to cut the tree and slice it as flat plates, or do they buy them from other dinosaurs?

Don't you think it more likely that a very sadistic person placed the nest on a wooden plate and threw it into a lake, and the bird is trying very hard to save it?
Well said. James continues to clutch to straws. James, did you see the bird construct that boat? Without opposable thumbs, how did that bird product a nest made with planed wood?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »
I have performed many experiments to prove this very point. Tape your thumb and index finger together, and your middle and ring fingers together, and see what wonders you yourself can accomplish without opposable thumbs.  At a lecture I delivered in 2006, I demonstrated this concept vividly. With my hands securely in "Dino-Mode", I proceeded to write on a blackboard in a fluid, clear hand; I also used a number of DIY utensils including a hammer.

Opposable thumbs have been proven by the most up-to-date science as non-mandatory components of advanced motor function.

?

trig

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 12:35:17 AM »
I have performed many experiments to prove this very point. Tape your thumb and index finger together, and your middle and ring fingers together, and see what wonders you yourself can accomplish without opposable thumbs.  At a lecture I delivered in 2006, I demonstrated this concept vividly. With my hands securely in "Dino-Mode", I proceeded to write on a blackboard in a fluid, clear hand; I also used a number of DIY utensils including a hammer.

Opposable thumbs have been proven by the most up-to-date science as non-mandatory components of advanced motor function.
This is cherry picking of good results taken to its dumbest. You choose among the hundreds of jobs the two or three that can be done in "dino-mode" and declare victory. Have you ever asked yourself whether someone could have made the blackboard, chalk or hammer without opposable thumbs to begin with?

In fact, I also wrote on a blackboard with a cast on my hand after dislocating some fingers. And I wrote on the blackboard with my other hand also. Writing on a blackboard is among the easiest tasks you can do. You could even glue a chalk to your wrist and write on a blackboard quite legibly with it. And a hammer is not much more difficult, if it is not a normal 3 kilogram hammer with a 20 cm handle. But if it is, even lifting it is a challenge.

There is nothing particular about using a stone as a hammer. Some species other than humans do it. But from there to making ocean crossing boats there is an evolutionary process of tens of millions of years or more, if ever.

Now, ask the people who have lost their thumbs in accidents whether it is such a small deal. I know one dentist who almost lost his career when his thumb was severed, and could go back to work only when the thumb was re-attached. People who loose a thumb prefer to have their toes removed and attached as thumbs, so they can do manual work again.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 04:37:25 AM »

Why didn't dinosaurs evolve more efficient limbs for such tasks?  They were around for an awfully long time for their limbs to stay so short and machanically limited.

I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »

Were you able to use a pair of pliers?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »

You're doing it wrong. You're still using your opposable thumb, the only difference is that it has an index finger taped to it.

Try again. This time, tape your thumb and pinky together and don't let them touch your tools.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »

Could you repair my clock, it is broken ?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.