Any analyses on this video from the ISS?

• 95 Replies

Rushy

Re: Any analyses on this video from the ISS?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:09 AM »
Looks to me more like two people trying to discuss a subject they understand nothing about and neither seems to know what the ultimate point of the argument is. Its like watching people technobabble with Ryan, neither party has a clue what they're saying and its hilarious. The only difference is this time both of you appear to be serious and that is very unfortunate.

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
I know your kicking right into argument mode and I like that, but sorry, still not buying it. You don't believe any of this crap. Keep trying to convince everyone though because it's entertaining as all hell.

If it is fake (which you cannot prove), then why wouldn't you just shut the hell up and go along with it instead of being a giant killjoy, especially since you readily admit that it's "entertaining as hell?"

Either way, go ruin a different thread, ClockTower and I were having an important discussion on orbital mechanics and attitude dynamics.

You are a worthless idiot, and a waste of semen.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:40 AM »
I know your kicking right into argument mode and I like that, but sorry, still not buying it. You don't believe any of this crap. Keep trying to convince everyone though because it's entertaining as all hell.

If it is fake (which you cannot prove), then why wouldn't you just shut the hell up and go along with it instead of being a giant killjoy, especially since you readily admit that it's "entertaining as hell?"

Either way, go ruin a different thread, ClockTower and I were having an important discussion on orbital mechanics and attitude dynamics.

You're a trolling lying alt, so what's new?
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »

You trying to have a serious argument? You don't even know what your talking about. You do a halfass decent job of sounding like you do to someone who doesn't know better, but even an American public school graduate like me can see right through you. This is a game. Nothing more. And I'm playing now too. SILVERDANE IS FULL OF CRAP!!!! You found something that gets you balls all hot and your running with it, but nope your fake. The theory is fake. None of you are making any kind of argument. Your just talking in circles arguing semantics and huge math formulas you read off some other website cuz I know you aren't reading any books. Magazines maybe, but they just have naked pictures in them. Sinner. Lol.
It's round...No really, it is. Sorry

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
Looks to me more like two people trying to discuss a subject they understand nothing about and neither seems to know what the ultimate point of the argument is. Its like watching people technobabble with Ryan, neither party has a clue what they're saying and its hilarious. The only difference is this time both of you appear to be serious and that is very unfortunate.

Oh yeah? Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made in this thread. You not understanding what was written shows your lack of understanding, not mine.

?

Silverdane

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
Oh yeah? Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made in this thread. You not understanding what was written shows your lack of understanding, not mine.

Dig true, Dig Deep. Once you join with all the RET fake goats to dig in the earth's crust, enough to prove that a liniar tunnel actually comes up from under the Earth somewhere else on it's surface, you will have proven your Dogma once and for all.

Get diggin' little RET piggy. Find your inner "Dig".

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

Dig true, Dig Deep. Once you join with all the RET fake goats to dig in the earth's crust, enough to prove that a liniar tunnel actually comes up from under the Earth somewhere else on it's surface, you will have proven your Dogma once and for all.

Get diggin' little RET piggy. Find your inner "Dig".

Repeat, you are a trolling liar, so what else is new?
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
A linear tunnel? What is this Mordor or something? You should write scoring cuz you are very talented. An idiot, but talented. I will buy your first novel and I want it signed. We'll call it "Through The Linear Tunnel In 80 Days". You can have that one for free.

?

Silverdane

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »

Repeat, you are a trolling liar, so what else is new?

Have I been lying? About what?

Did you already dig the tunnel, and come out the other side of the crust?

Because, dead canibal, such a thing is possible in any RET model.

A linear tunnel? What is this Mordor or something? You should write scoring cuz you are very talented. An idiot, but talented. I will buy your first novel and I want it signed. We'll call it "Through The Linear Tunnel In 80 Days". You can have that one for free.

A liniar tunnel is a perfectly straight tunnel. Like a deep well, that you see the water down, which reflects the sky enough to prove it's liniar.

You don't even know what linear is? You are the clichee of RET cultist.

Again, I could never write such a thing. For I do not believe Linear Tunnels are possible.

That is your Agenda, pathetic Round Earth Terrorist. Linear Tunnels that pierce the Earth's Crust in two places, are only possible in RET models.

They are, in fact, impossible in any FET models or maps or even theories. Thus, being a Flat Earth believer, I cannot write anything to support the Linear Tunnel ideology.

You should. You should even do something better, like actually dig the tunnel. You have enough RET majority of Diggers on this earth.

You could even ask your fellow Round Earth "brothers" on the other side of the world, from you, to start digging, while you dig from the other side.

Then you can all meet in the Earth's Core, and take pictures to humiliate all those "Evil Flat Earth Society" people.

What are you waiting for? Why spend your time oinking and squeeling over here, for? When you could have been diging halway to China by now?

If it's possible in RET models, why not try that in real life?

Get diggin'
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:48:55 PM by Silverdane »

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »
Can we go back to the bit about how the ISS remains at the same angle with respect to Earth's surface. At first NASA_lies asked how it does this. Then ClockTower said something, then within a few posts NASA is deriding ClockTower for not reading the link he posted...a link which explained how the ISS remains at the same angle with respect to Earth's surface.

Have I missed something?

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
Can we go back to the bit about how the ISS remains at the same angle with respect to Earth's surface. At first NASA_lies asked how it does this. Then ClockTower said something, then within a few posts NASA is deriding ClockTower for not reading the link he posted...a link which explained how the ISS remains at the same angle with respect to Earth's surface.

Have I missed something?
Yes vatos and Silverdane have the hots for each other and are derailing most threads.

Both vatos and Silverdane, I made a thread specifically for the two of you to duke it out.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=52392.0
Please keep personal attacks and accusations amongst you two within this thread. This fighting has spread to too many threads.
Consider this a warning.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »
Derailing the thread? Really. It's nonsense and none of you believe it. Your just like Silverdane. Pretending to believe the earth is flat. I'll post where I please, thank you very much.

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
What's going on here?

Continuing on like this after you clearly can't debate the topic anymore does nothing but make people not take you seriously. Soon the only person willing to argue with you will be ClockTower.

Ok fine. Now just explain to me how the ISS was able to keep the exact same angle between it and "earth" for a third of an orbit, especially since you claim it doesn't use its own RCS.

You beg the question. The ISS is not in a circular orbit and does not keep the exact same angle between it and the Earth. Also the video capture is for more than half of an orbit. How did you measure that angle to determine that it was exactly the same throughout the orbit? With what precision can you measure that angle in any given frame? Wasn't the camera held by hand?

2) Actually, yes it does keep the same orientation with the earth at all times. This might not be relevant to this discussion, but still an interesting point of information.

3) The location of the horizon does not change, and you can see parts of the ISS in the picture. Therefore you have enough information to see that the angle does not change. There is no need to measure the angle, because it’s relative angle that we are worried about. That is, a change in angle between the previous and the current. It also doesn’t matter if the camera was held by hand or not since you can see both the horizon and part of the ISS in all frames.

2) Do you honestly believe that? The attitude must be constantly adjusted and is not perfectly constant as you claim. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_control_(spacecraft).

2) You're getting warmer. If only you'd pay attention to the source you posted, the answer is in there.

*some back and forth over who is and who isn't responding to whom*

Then suddenly!

Maybe if you would just look up how the space station controls its attitude instead of arguing out of your ass about irrelevant details while revealing your utter lack of knowledge in the field of astronautics, you might actually learn something about how the world works. That is why you're on this website, right?

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Have I missed something?

Nope, you are 100% correct. I was hoping ClockTower wouldn't notice, and it seems he hasn't. Looks like you've been paying more attention than he has.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:32:35 PM by NASA_Lies »

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
Well that's just all kinds of awesome

?

Silverdane

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
Nope, you are 100% correct. I was hoping ClockTower wouldn't notice, and it seems he hasn't. Looks like you've been paying more attention than he has.

Is it because the craft is laying, perfectly still, in a hangar somewhere, as the theather projection in front of it, is projecting the illusion of flying in the air?

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
So then let's for simplicity's sake make that statelite's orbit directly over the Equator at all times. Now is its attitude with a reference point, say the Rotational North Pole, the same throughout its orbit? If we change its orbit eccentricity to 1, does the attitude with the NP at some point in its orbit differ now from before the change?

Just so we have an understanding of exactly what's going on here, I've made a diagram. The X coordinate of the earth centered system is pointed towards the north pole, Z is facing to the right, and Y to the lower left. I've also included velocity vectors just for fun.

The X component of the spacecraft's attitude will always be parallel to the earth centered system, but since the earth is rotating, the Y and Z components will deviate. However, the spacecraft's attitude will remain constant with respect to an inertial (non-rotating) reference frame.

Nothing changes with respect to attitude when the spacecraft changes its orbital eccentricity from 0 to 1.
You did read my question, didn't you? Would you care to answer it?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
So then let's for simplicity's sake make that statelite's orbit directly over the Equator at all times. Now is its attitude with a reference point, say the Rotational North Pole, the same throughout its orbit? If we change its orbit eccentricity to 1, does the attitude with the NP at some point in its orbit differ now from before the change?

Just so we have an understanding of exactly what's going on here, I've made a diagram. The X coordinate of the earth centered system is pointed towards the north pole, Z is facing to the right, and Y to the lower left. I've also included velocity vectors just for fun.

The X component of the spacecraft's attitude will always be parallel to the earth centered system, but since the earth is rotating, the Y and Z components will deviate. However, the spacecraft's attitude will remain constant with respect to an inertial (non-rotating) reference frame.

Nothing changes with respect to attitude when the spacecraft changes its orbital eccentricity from 0 to 1.

We're done here.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:47:20 PM by NASA_Lies »

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »

We're done here.
Thanks for the concession. Okay, so, back to where we were...

The definition of a constellation is a group of stars. Generally the ones that form the known patterns such as Orion, the Great Bear, etc.
Regardless of ClockTowers pedantry and semantic games, i can definitely see stars in that video.

Mizuki x
Would you please tell me where you saw these stars and 'definitely' knew that they were stars? Heck when looking for Uranus and Neptune in my admittedly amateur telescope, I can't tell which is a planet and which is a star in less than a week. (It takes that long to get two clear nights and to see the movement of the planet against the stars.) That you are definite is probably a definite error on your part, but I'll give you a chance to convince us.

Did you think that any grouping of stars is a constellation? What is the largest separation in the sky you'd expect for a constellation with at least two bright stars (magnitude +2 and below)? What is the closest two 'stars' appear in the video?

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 02:27:26 AM »
Can anyone else see the stars, or at least what look like stars, in that video?

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
Can anyone else see the stars, or at least what look like stars, in that video?

Mizuki x
Yes.

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »

We're done here.
Thanks for the concession. Okay, so, back to where we were...

You're welcome. Enjoy your ignorance. You must live in a sad world thinking that you can define a reference frame using a point as opposed to a coordinate system. I even drew a nice picture for you, and you still didn't understand. It's funny how you didn't include the picture in your post ;)

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »
You're welcome. Enjoy your ignorance. You must live in a sad world thinking that you can define a reference frame using a point as opposed to a coordinate system. I even drew a nice picture for you, and you still didn't understand. It's funny how you didn't include the picture in your post ;)
Well, I guess we're not done. I guess it was silly of me to expect you to stand by what you said.

So...

Please do tell me why you think that I think that "you can define a reference frame using a point as opposed to a coordinate system". AFAIK, asking what the point in the orbit the attitude changes does not imply that I'm using a point to define a reference frame. Thanks.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
If you are not using a point as a reference, what are you using?
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
Well, I guess we're not done. I guess it was silly of me to expect you to stand by what you said.

So...

Please do tell me why you think that I think that "you can define a reference frame using a point as opposed to a coordinate system". AFAIK, asking what the point in the orbit the attitude changes does not imply that I'm using a point to define a reference frame. Thanks.

What are you doing dude.

A coordinate system. A point does not give enough information with regards to attitude. Once again, my illustration of the situation, which I was hoping even ClockTower would understand.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:27:34 PM by NASA_Lies »

Rushy

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
Well, its looks like the only person willing to argue with you is officially ClockTower. He has been trolling you for page after page while the entire forum sits back and laughs. Please stop posting and let this pathetic thread with no real point die.

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
Well, its looks like the only person willing to argue with you is officially ClockTower. He has been trolling you for page after page while the entire forum sits back and laughs. Please stop posting and let this pathetic thread with no real point die.

You say that as if there are other threads that have a point.

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
Please note that there's a difference between a reference and a reference frame.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2011, 05:52:04 PM »
Please note that there's a difference between a reference and a reference frame.

I was asking you about what are you using as a reference for you system, as you claim you are not using a ponti. Any other combination will result on a reference frame with less dimensions than the original. So, I´ll ask again. What do you use as a reference?
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »

I was asking you about what are you using as a reference for you system, as you claim you are not using a ponti. Any other combination will result on a reference frame with less dimensions than the original. So, I´ll ask again. What do you use as a reference?
The NP, but I suspect you're still not noting the difference. The satellite will see the NP at differing angles from the plane of its orbit depending on orbital parameters. So a camera watching the horizon will see a different angle to the horizon over the course of any non-circular orbit.