Another expedition project

• 39 Replies
Re: Another expedition project
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »
Thork was pretending. He has since learned the Truth. We all eventually learn the Truth, except ClockTower of course. Just look at him, his brain can't even calculate a sense of humor in real-time.

I think I'm beginning to see the truth as well. o.o

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
Since I live in Europe, your cultural jokes make absolutely no sense?

Oh well. I was refering to a stampede. That which cows do when scared of higher intellect hunters.

Since I are Hunter, and you be Cow, you are my prey.

Since you failed to run, your bacon is mine, piggy.

Wait, so is he a cow or a pig?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
My first proposal was not the best shipping.

I found another, and that would prove your theory to the world.

According to the official map of the world, there are about 100 km of sea between the tip of Russia and the tip of Alaska.
According to the world map of the Flat Earth Society, there is a vast ocean of hundreds (or thousands) of miles away.
So ... a boat expedition could show the world that your theory is true.

OR

this expedition will prove that your theory is wrong. And maybe that's why you will never really want to develop this project.

The area between Alaska and Russia would be no different in FER or RET. The distance between Australia and Africa, on the other hand, would be quite different.
Even if we assume for the sake of this argument that your fantasy formula for distance on the FE is right, then we know that your statement is false. The area between Alaska and Russia would be different in FET and RET (correcting your grammar error and typo).

For example, the distance from Perth to Sydney in RET is 2043 miles according to RET and Google Earth:

Distances:

r1 is the first radius (centered at the north pole).
θ1 is the first longitude.

r2 is the second radius.
θ2 is the second longitude.

d is the distance.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latitude
~111 km = 69.0 miles

Quote from: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001769.html
Perth, Australia   31o   57' S   115o   52' E
Sydney, Australia   34o   0' S   151o   0' E   
So we have from Perth to Sydney:
r1 = (31o 57' S) * 6214 miles = (90+31+57/60) * 69.0 miles = 8,410 miles
r2 = (34o 0' S) * 6214 miles = (90+34+0/60) * 69.0 miles = 8,560 miles
theta1 = 115o 52' E = 115 + 52/60 degrees = 115.87 degrees
theta2 = 151o 0' E = 151.00 degrees
d = sqrt(8,410 miles2 + 8,560 miles2 - 2*(8,410 miles)*(8,560 miles)*cos(115.87 degrees - 151.00 degrees)) =
5,120 miles

(I used Google's calculator:

)

So in RET, it's 2,043 miles.
In your fantasy, it's 5,120 miles.
Nope, they aren't the same. Australia's area is greatly overstated by your fantasy formula.

Perth and Sydney are not Alaska and Russia. My point was that in the upper hemisphere, distances are the same.

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
Perth and Sydney are not Alaska and Russia. My point was that in the upper hemisphere, distances are the same.
Nice dodge. But still your formula fails miserably in the SH by overstating distances such as the one here from Perth to Sydney.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
My point was that in the upper hemisphere, distances are the same.

Please stop pretending that your FE map shows equal distances to a globe in the northern hemisphere. It doesn't. It's wrong for the northern hemisphere and even more wrong for the southern hemisphere. The further from the center it gets, the wronger it gets. It's wrong everywhere.

This is your map:

http://projections.mgis.psu.edu/azimuthalEquidistant.html

You'll notice it doesn't say anything about the northern hemisphere being non-distorted. It says scale is correct only for straight lines radiating from the center and that only the center is free from all distortion. Stop making shit up.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 03:15:57 AM »
Well !

Please answer :

So, if Flat earth society members a boat trip from Russia to Alaska (100 km if one believes the official theory. Hundreds of kilometers (or maybe thousands of kilometers) if one believes the theory of FE Society.), you all will prove your theory is right. Or wrong...

Are we agree with that ?

So... WHY FES don't organize this boat trip ?

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
Nice dodge. But still your formula fails miserably in the SH by overstating distances such as the one here from Perth to Sydney.

Digging. You're doing it wrong.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
So, if Flat earth society members a boat trip from Russia to Alaska (100 km if one believes the official theory. Hundreds of kilometers (or maybe thousands of kilometers) if one believes the theory of FE Society.), you all will prove your theory is right. Or wrong...

Are we agree with that ?
We are definitely not agree with that.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
Well !

Please answer :

Are we agree with that ?

So... WHY FES don't organize this boat trip ?

I live in Europe. Real europe, that's actually a continent.

The FES is based in Uk. Which is an Archipelago of the Atlantic.

Neither one of us are masters of FET to estimate the distance from Russia to Alaska, according to Flat Earth Theory.

How such a trip should be useful for FET, I do not see.

Will your trip, sponsored by you of course, be using a compass?

Will there be allowed compasses aboard the ship? Can any Flat Earther here bring our compasses?

Again, I don't see how a Flat Earth dismisses the possibility to sail from Alaska to Russia.

According to Flat Earth Theory, at least in my vision of it, all the open seas are actually just an Inner Lake. And it's possible to sail from anywhere to anywhere, on such an Inner Lake.

Again, what makes you think you understand Flat Earth Theory enough to measure the supposed distance between Alaska and Russia, on a Flat Earth model?

How familiar are you with Flat Earth?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:19:06 PM by Silverdane »
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
Neither one of us are masters of FET to estimate the distance from Russia to Alaska, according to Flat Earth Theory.

--> It's not necessary to already have a very pertinent estimation about distance between Russia to Alaska. Juste watch FES world map. Then, watch officialy world map. Me, I watched it both again. And...
Officialy world map : more or less 100 KM
FES world map : at least thousands KM.

How such a trip should be useful for FET, I do not see.

--> This trip will prove officialy that world map is wrong, because you will prove (with material, camcorder etc.) that there is a lot of more 100 KM between Russia to Alaska.

Will your trip, sponsored by you of course, be using a compass?

--> Not sponsored by me my friend. It's YOUR theory. It's YOUR job to prove it.
A compass ? Yes, it would be a part of the material.

Will there be allowed compasses aboard the ship? Can any Flat Earther here bring our compasses?

--> I don't understand what do you mean.

Again, I don't see how a Flat Earth dismisses the possibility to sail from Alaska to Russia.

--> I never said that. Read me again.

According to Flat Earth Theory, at least in my vision of it, all the open seas are actually just an Inner Lake. And it's possible to sail from anywhere to anywhere, on such an Inner Lake.

--> I understand. And it's possible to sail from everywhere to anywhere with a spheric world too. But there are not the same distances. This is the BIG difference. So, this is a real possibility to prove your theory.

Again, what makes you think you understand Flat Earth Theory enough to measure the supposed distance between Alaska and Russia, on a Flat Earth model?

--> 100 KM... ... Thousands KM... the difference is so enourmous that it's not necessary to measure with a lot of precision.

How familiar are you with Flat Earth?

--> Well... I read your paradoxs, and I think my questions and reflexions cause a lot of problems to you.