Expedition

• 43 Replies
Expedition
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a new question.

Why is it that members of the Flat Earth Society does not contribute to an expedition by boat? Going with camcorders, cameras ... You can even place the webcams that people can watch the shipping 24/24.

What would happen? If you reach the end of the earth and show that there are rocks extends further than the diameter "official" of the Antarctic ... then you have proven to the world that the official theory is false world.

What do you think? Why not organize the expedition that would prove your theory?

Re: Expedition
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
We all suffer from terrible motion sickness, sorry.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »
I am serious, it's a real question, not a joke

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
I'm super serious. /barf

Sorry, I just scrolled down the page too fast.

Rushy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
Are you willing to donate us the money to buy or rent this boat and recording equipment?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a new question.

Why is it that members of the Flat Earth Society does not contribute to an expedition by boat? Going with camcorders, cameras ... You can even place the webcams that people can watch the shipping 24/24.

What would happen? If you reach the end of the earth and show that there are rocks extends further than the diameter "official" of the Antarctic ... then you have proven to the world that the official theory is false world.

What do you think? Why not organize the expedition that would prove your theory?

I'm planning to, when I get out of college, but as of right now I'm a bit occupied.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
If you're funding it, I'm game. Charter the ship for summer, though.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
Uhh... for which Hemidisk?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 01:26:01 AM »
In all seriousness, party boat to the edge of the world sounds like an amazing plan. We should work out how much this would cost between us all. Can anyone drive a boat?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 01:33:24 AM »

Hubwards, duh. It's a scheduling thing, not a weather preference.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »

So if it was a scheduling thing, why didn't you say what months you're free and remove the ambiguity? Like I'm supposed to know your schedule, duh.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 02:43:25 AM »

So if it was a scheduling thing, why didn't you say what months you're free and remove the ambiguity? Like I'm supposed to know your schedule, duh.

What ambiguity? Why the hell do you need to know my schedule at all? For all it matters to you, my religion could forbid travel in March.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 02:54:04 AM »

The clue is in the clue.

Hmm the bolding didn't quite work :/ Quote tree isn't quote.
Let's try and enlarge it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:04:13 AM by Kasroa Is Gone »

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 02:56:26 AM »

What ambiguity? Why the hell do you need to know my schedule at all? For all it matters to you, my religion could forbid travel in March.
The ambiguity in saying "for summer" when that's not uniquely defined in an international forum, duh.
So you want to be included on the charter, but don't want to tell me your schedule? ... typical FEer. <sigh> When will FEers learn to think?

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 03:04:59 AM »
/stands back

Yep, I reckon that's about big enough.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011, 03:13:09 AM »

The ambiguity in saying "for summer" when that's not uniquely defined in an international forum, duh.
So you want to be included on the charter, but don't want to tell me your schedule? ... typical FEer. <sigh> When will FEers learn to think?

Which hemidisk do you live on?

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2011, 03:20:44 AM »

Which hemidisk do you live on?
How is that a relevant question? Do you need to know my shoe size too?

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
I think the real question here is why do you call it "hemidisk" when they are not halves according to your map (southern is larger than northern by area)?

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
I think the real question here is why do you call it "hemidisk" when they are not halves according to your map (southern is larger than northern by area)?
Actually, there's a lesser known meaning to the prefix "hemi", partial or partially. Reference: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hemi-, so the RE use is not wrong.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
To people who think the world is flat, a disc, etc.
I suggest you look at how crazy other people find you - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3190742

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 04:34:02 PM »
I've got a hemi on right now

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
In all seriousness, party boat to the edge of the world sounds like an amazing plan. We should work out how much this would cost between us all. Can anyone drive a boat?

Would be accept only Christian or good religious folk? Or the less religious kind as well?

I ask this because I do not wish Atheists to eat me, in case we are stranded on some deserted island, or something.

I think there should only join people who are comfortable with starvation or prolonged fasting for over 3 months. Or just fervent christians, and thus more respectful to life of others.

Cause you know. Eating your fellow Flat Earthers would not be the best way to reach the Edge ..... Savey?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is the boat ride even serious? For I wish to embark only on a Galleon, or any medieval style sail ship. And yes, I can ride those fairly easy. As long as you name me Captain, of course.

Otherwise, I shall stick to my binoculars, compass, and secret map of Davey's Locker. Arrhhhh !!!

And don't forget the Rum.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

?

Silverdane

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
Seriously if we end up using ugly motor boats or other modern machinery, which is ugly and vicious, and crafted by mindless RET fools, you KNOW that boat was rigged to explode or sink or ...

Just trust me on this one. You don't ... DON'T use something created by .. BY the RET believers. To sail to the Edge of the World, to disprove all the lies they're stood up for.

If they aren't ignorant, but deliberately lying about FET, they are bound to sabotage all the boats to go awry, or malfunction as soon as we leave the comfortable "safety sea" that's far enough from the Edge to prove anything.

Unless you're suggesting the boat is taken deep to the Atlantic Gulf, leaving the Atlantic peninsula to the right, and sailing deep towards the thinnest earth edge of the Antarctic land?

As in, south of the Atlantic directly? Hmmm ... I would still have to trust an old fashion FET sail ship. The type RET have lessened the creation of, to stop us from uniting and sailing a massive Fleet to the Edge.

I realise the later earth journey, above the Antarctic is the shortest, compared to the sea journey to first reach the shore of the Southern Realm.

But shouldn't the heaviest part, be the most thought out? You don't just stroll there, harness a pack of wild antarctic wolves or bears or foxes, and ask them to drag your sleigh to the Edge of the World.

What happens once we're there? Do we ride wild animals? Or just plainly walk for potentially hundreds of miles directly South, until we see "Terra Incognita" ?

I thank you.

Rushy

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
I suggest a fleet of well armed and supplied kayaks.

?

Silverdane

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »

Good suggestion. I agree with such ...

With rum, yes?

By "armed" you meant with enough rum. Good, glad.

I'm IN !!!

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 04:07:23 AM »

Good suggestion. I agree with such ...

With rum, yes?

By "armed" you meant with enough rum. Good, glad.

I'm IN !!!

Are you high?

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »
How is that a relevant question? Do you need to know my shoe size too?
I require this information. What's your shoe size?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
So, I repeat again...

I saw FES world map.

And I saw, of course, officialy (conspiracy ?) world map.

There is an enourmous difference for distance between Russia and Alaska.

FES world map : a very big distance. Hundreds and hundreds at least, of maybe thousands kilometers.

Official world mal : just 100 kilometers !

So... why believers couldn't organize any boat expedition between Russia and Alaska, to prove their theory ?

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
Some old T22s are up for sale, I think. If we got every society member, we'd be able to put a decent crew on board one. Obviously, we'd need quite a bit of money for that but it'd be better than a pokey little thing and a decent looking war canoe would dissuade the conspiracy from trying anything.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.