Question about touristic space flights

• 53 Replies
Question about touristic space flights
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
Hi all,

I am French and my English is not fluent, so sorry for my grammatical errors.  :-\

For several years, the companies plan to offer space flights for everyone (well, all who have enough money). For example, Virgin Galactict.

One day, the flights will take place. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ... ? Whatever.

That day, if the earth is really flat, everyone will have the proof. If the earth is spherical, you will have proof that your theory was wrong.

If a conspiracy runs the world, how space travel for tourists might be possible one day?

Thank you for your answers, and good day.

Alexis

Rushy

Re: Question about touristic space flights
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:49:05 PM »
The key word there is planned. When these flights finally are "offered" it will just be a plane with simulation screens on the windows.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
"simulation screens on the windows." ?
Well .. these aircraft will take off from an airport.
Imagine in a few years ...
I bought a ticket to space flight and I'm on that plane.
The plane takes off yet, I look out the window and see the runway and the airport.
At that moment, it is impossible that I not see the window is something wrong (or else explain me).
The plane takes off, rises in the sky ... up space.
When will I see would be replaced by something wrong?
How, by what technical means?

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
Its a scam, dont pay to go in space, in any case if they ever manage to get the guts and rip people off this way, it would make it very expensive so that only a few ones would go into space, all others would just buy electronic post cards or original space video recordings.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:44:55 PM by Cosmas »

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »
Okay. If in some years a member of the flat earth society buy a ticket and go in space...
He could prove at all the world that earth is flat.
Isn't it ?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »
i believe they will

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:09:36 PM »
"simulation screens on the windows." ?
Well .. these aircraft will take off from an airport.
Imagine in a few years ...
I bought a ticket to space flight and I'm on that plane.
The plane takes off yet, I look out the window and see the runway and the airport.
At that moment, it is impossible that I not see the window is something wrong (or else explain me).
The plane takes off, rises in the sky ... up space.
When will I see would be replaced by something wrong?
How, by what technical means?

Are you implying it would be difficult to place a monitor screen where the window is? It could easily be done today. But years into the future? I'd be surprised if they don't beam the idea that you're in space directly into your head.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
Are you implying it would be difficult to place a monitor screen where the window is? It could easily be done today. But years into the future? I'd be surprised if they don't beam the idea that you're in space directly into your head.
Are you implying that you can't tell the difference between a monitor screen and a window? It's trivial to test for. Do you need help in doing so?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
Are you implying that you can't tell the difference between a monitor screen and a window? It's trivial to test for. Do you need help in doing so?

If this is the best you could come up with to counter my argument then that is pretty sad. Testing the window? Are you going to bring a large electromagnet and see if the windows change colors? I wouldn't suggest that, all of the guards would kill you and every guest on board.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

If this is the best you could come up with to counter my argument then that is pretty sad. Testing the window? Are you going to bring a large electromagnet and see if the windows change colors? I wouldn't suggest that, all of the guards would kill you and every guest on board.
Nope. All anyone needs is a piece of page large enough to cover a few square inches of the "window".

Oh, and the bit about 'beaming' the idea is a special pleading fallacy.

Rushy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Nope. All anyone needs is a piece of page large enough to cover a few square inches of the "window".

Explain this more in depth please.

You make RE'ers look so dense.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

Or just to look at it from different angles and see if the perspective changed  :-\

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »

Or just to look at it from different angles and see if the perspective changed  :-\
And the piece of paper with a small hole in its center helps to ensure that you can detect the change of perspective. I wonder why that's not obvious to FEers.

Rushy

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
I'm sure the conspiracy has easy access to monitors which can combat such a simple effect. Not to mention I doubt anyone that paid enough to go up there would really be inquiring if those are "real" windows.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
I'm sure the conspiracy has easy access to monitors which can combat such a simple effect. Not to mention I doubt anyone that paid enough to go up there would really be inquiring if those are "real" windows.

That's some pretty awesome monitor technology you're dreaming up. I hope they implement that into video games soon, it'll blow the hell out of the 3DS.

Rushy

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »

That's some pretty awesome monitor technology you're dreaming up. I hope they implement that into video games soon, it'll blow the hell out of the 3DS.

The government is always ten years more technologically advanced than what is publicly available. Is it really that hard to imagine a monitor that can better simulate perspective?

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 06:48:30 PM »
That would be yet another special pleading fallacy. You really do have to keep making things up to answer a challenge. You didn't even point to an example of such technology. That's an utter fail for you.

We're also not interested in the least about what you doubt.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »

The government is always ten years more technologically advanced than what is publicly available. Is it really that hard to imagine a monitor that can better simulate perspective?

Considering the requirements, yes, a little bit.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Don't want to consider the implications of a moniter that responds to each individual's viewing perspective? I'm not surprised. So much for your hypothesis =)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:43:05 PM by NASA_Lies »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »
Actually, perspective/stereo vision does not apply when you're looking out of a plane's window. It only applies when things are close up. Two eyes, a few inches apart, aren't really going to see something miles away at different angles.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:04:00 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
Don't want to consider the implications of a monitermonitor that responds to each individual's viewing perspective? I'm not surprised. So much for your hypothesis =)
Oh, I'm happy to consider the implications of your fairy tale once you show how such a device is possible. Now can you stand behind your ridiculous claim and provide any possibilities?

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 04:34:44 AM »
Actually, perspective/stereo vision does not apply when you're looking out of a plane's window. It only applies when things are close up. Two eyes, a few inches apart, aren't really going to see something miles away at different angles.
Why do you think we're talking about stereo vision? You attack a straw man, again.

Tom, you see this everyday you drive. You know that the traffic about you is not just projected by a monitor on your car windows. You can see distant objects from different perspectives and all without stereo vision.

Rushy

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
Everything in space is extremely far away. Perspective isn't really an issue.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:05 AM »
Everything in space is extremely far away. Perspective isn't really an issue.
You're confused parallax with perspective, just like Tom. <sigh>

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
Well ! Thank you all for the answers, and excuse me again for grammaticals errors.

Imagine in a few years:
tourist travel in space are possible.
Someone from the Flat Earth Society buys a ticket. It carries with it a camcorder, and equipment to detect the presence of a screen behind the window (magnet, laser, or other ...).
The project is announced in advance on the internet.
The experience will be filmed.
If this company is a member of the experiments on the plane by recording a video together ...
The world will then have proof that your theory is true.
Otherwise? If the experiment does not work, the world will have proof that your theory is wrong.
What do you think?

PS: If the conspiracy run over the plane, it will be an unsettling event for the people. If a second person of the Flat Earth Society buys a ticket and a second plane crashes, at least ... the world will learn that there is a conspiracy against you.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
Well ! Thank you all for the answers, and excuse me again for grammaticals errors.

Imagine in a few years:
tourist travel in space are possible.
Someone from the Flat Earth Society buys a ticket. It carries with it a camcorder, and equipment to detect the presence of a screen behind the window (magnet, laser, or other ...).
The project is announced in advance on the internet.
The experience will be filmed.
If this company is a member of the experiments on the plane by recording a video together ...
The world will then have proof that your theory is true.
Otherwise? If the experiment does not work, the world will have proof that your theory is wrong.
What do you think?

PS: If the conspiracy run over the plane, it will be an unsettling event for the people. If a second person of the Flat Earth Society buys a ticket and a second plane crashes, at least ... the world will learn that there is a conspiracy against you.
Sorry, but there's another technique that FES uses to prevent facing any contradicting fact. They simply make a special pleading. NASA shows the Earth round on Christmas Eve 1968, then FES claims conspiracy. A Foucault Pendulum precesses in the opposite direction in the SH, then they plead that the Heavens rotate in the opposite in the SH (even though it obviously doesn't!) A ship's hull disappears before its mast as it goes to sea, they plead first perspective, then bendy light. The pattern is the message. If you have to add features to your theory that provide no additional prediction, you're not making any progress.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
It's not the subject, I writed about another thing. Please read :-)

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
Don't want to consider the implications of a monitermonitor that responds to each individual's viewing perspective? I'm not surprised. So much for your hypothesis =)
Oh, I'm happy to consider the implications of your fairy tale once you show how such a device is possible. Now can you stand behind your ridiculous claim and provide any possibilities?

Thanks for that. -_-

Anyway, you don't even need a piece of paper to distinguish the difference between a monitor and a window. There are a couple of ways that you could do it.

First, you can look at the screen from different places and different distances. This would do basically the same thing as the paper with the hole, assuming the window is a reasonable size. However, this could be accounted for if the monitors could all sense exactly where you are looking at all times.

Unfortunately, even if the monitor is able to sense where your head is at all times, the effort is all in vain if you have a second observer. The screen cannot possibly show the perspectives of two observers at a time.

Actually there is a way that they could do that. There is a way to play multiplayer on a video game on one screen without using a splitscreen if you take the lenses from two pairs of 3D glasses and switch them so that each pair has its common lens. This way, the monitor projects the image in such a way that a separate image is viewed from both observers. This limits the number of viewers to 2 per monitor.

So it is technically possible to have a monitor that adjusts depending on how you view it that works when viewed by two people. Here are the requirements:
-Passengers constantly have to wear their glasses/motion sensors (if they take them off at any time the illusion is ruined)
-Only two passengers can view a screen at a time
-You may not view any other passenger's screen, otherwise the illusion is ruined

So what we have here is basically a room that two people can go in to be fooled by the monitors. That's not so hard, just have the structure of the spacecraft be a dark hallway, and each pair of passengers gets their own luxury compartment. Lets see if this is the design of the Virgin Galactic Spaceship Two, which is the vehicle that will be bringing passengers to space:

Interior:

Exterior:

Hmm, that's funny, it looks like they have multiple windows that can be viewed by anybody on board at any time. Looks like Flat Earth Hypothesis is bullshit.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »

Exterior:

Hmm, that's funny, it looks like they have multiple windows that can be viewed by anybody on board at any time. Looks like Flat Earth Hypothesis is bullshit.

Looks to me like anything viewed from those windows would likely be the inside of that hangar with what appears to be a flat floor.  Hangar flying is notoriously exaggerated.

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 09:01:23 PM »
Hi all,

I am French and my English is not fluent, so sorry for my grammatical errors.  :-\

For several years, the companies plan to offer space flights for everyone (well, all who have enough money). For example, Virgin Galactict.

One day, the flights will take place. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ... ? Whatever.

That day, if the earth is really flat, everyone will have the proof. If the earth is spherical, you will have proof that your theory was wrong.

If a conspiracy runs the world, how space travel for tourists might be possible one day?

Thank you for your answers, and good day.

Alexis

Dear French.

If you take any number of poor people, and offer them a temporary bribe of 1 million dollars, offering them a chance to ride some imaginary ship, and then pretend to pay for that imaginary trip with the same money you gave them yourself, would they say no?

For I doubt such.

Take any poor person. Give them enough illusion that they are "rich", or just give them enough money to pay back to you pretending like they bought themselves a space trip.

However say, all the FET believers here, were ever given such money, we would surely use it to prove FET. Thus the careful selection of desperate enough poor people, to be given just enough money to pretend they're "rich enough to rise", will fervantly make sure it doesn't let any FET believers like us, into their little schemes, I doubt any of us could ever use those "programs" to prove FET.

No actual rich people ride those. Just poor people they chose, give them a lot of money enough to be acceptable for it in the public's eyes, and if they ever accept FET, or promote it, they will immediately lose all that money. Which will be taken away from them by the same pigs who try to deny the FET, with carefully planned hoaxes.

There is no such thing as "space". Got that? Good.

There is no such thing as "space travel". For all you know there's a virtual screen outside the windows, showing you a pre recording of artistic baloonery, which was made with the highest visual faking skills.

Anyone can fake anything, and play them on a screen, getting you to think you "saw Bigfoot outside your window". Except you can't open said window, for you would see the circuits and wires feeding little electric lights into the screen you just broke through.

|Ouch !! Better take care of that bleeding hand. Otherwise the cyanide left on that screen you just broke, will kill you in ... Oh never mind. It already killed you.

See? It's all rigged. You can't "break through" the illusion they made, without touching the poison they left in case you break it. Your blood is already dead now.

Write that on your Epitaph, and smoke it. Except you wont, cause you died of spontaneous Conspiracy Death.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited