Retrograde Motion of the Outer Planets

• 134 Replies
Retrograde Motion of the Outer Planets
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
I contend:
The outer planets go through a RET-predicted period of retrograde motion every year or so. You can observe this motion over the course of a two-year period from most any location on Earth for all five outer planets.

FET does not explain nor predict this motion.

RET does a great job both explaining and predicting this motion.

Quote from: http://www.lasalle.edu/~smithsc/Astronomy/retrograd.html
When combined with the refinements of Kepler (elliptical orbits with the sun at one focus, relationships between distance from sun and orbital speed - both within a single orbit and between orbits) this does, in fact, provide the correct explanation for the observed retrograde motion along with precise predictions of the positions of the planets.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Rushy

Re: Retrograde Motion of the Outer Planets
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
The math for FETs motion is out there somewhere, we just haven't put enough effort into uncovering it yet. Once we've convinced the world of the true shape of the earth I'm sure more scientists will uncover these hidden maths.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
The math for FETs motion is out there somewhere, we just haven't put enough effort into uncovering it yet. Once we've convinced the world of the true shape of the earth I'm sure more scientists will uncover these hidden maths.
And that would be a "special pleading fallacy".

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »

It says it all!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 04:04:18 PM »
Okay, I might be falling for it here, but how does anyone get to 4000 posts and still make threads like this?

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 04:06:55 PM »
Okay, I might be falling for it here, but how does anyone get to 4000 posts and still make threads like this?
I'm just splitting off a topic that Tom used to derail another thread. Do you have a particular problem with this thread? I wouldn't mind higher-content posts from you.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
I'm just splitting off a topic that Tom used to derail another thread. Do you have a particular problem with this thread? I wouldn't mind higher-content posts from you.

I don't have a problem with it, no. Just wondered that's all. Is this a serious thread?

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

I don't have a problem with it, no. Just wondered that's all. Is this a serious thread?
Yes.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Then my question is also serious. I stopped making threads like this after a few weeks perhaps. I don't remember; it might have been later. But it wasn't 4000 posts later! This is essentially a joke forum. The most fun to be had in the serious fora is baiting noobs who ask stupid questions about reaching the speed of light or seeing the Earth's curve in photos at the beach. But....you're...still doing this. Unless you mean serious as in a serious hypothetical discussion, safe in the knowledge that all involved are speaking hypothetically. Like in that bit at the beginning of The Time Machine (Until he pulls out the time machine).

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
Then my question is also serious. I stopped making threads like this after a few weeks perhaps. I don't remember; it might have been later. But it wasn't 4000 posts later! This is essentially a joke forum. The most fun to be had in the serious fora is baiting noobs who ask stupid questions about reaching the speed of light or seeing the Earth's curve in photos at the beach. But....you're...still doing this. Unless you mean serious as in a serious hypothetical discussion, safe in the knowledge that all involved are speaking hypothetically. Like in that bit at the beginning of The Time Machine (Until he pulls out the time machine).
I think this a topic for The Lounge.

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
And this thread should be locked?

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=48384.msg1191665#msg1191665
Why list the necro-threads? Are you just spamming this thread for your personal enjoyment?

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »
No I'm actually trying to help you.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
I didn't ask for your help. Please stop. In particular, listing necro-threads in one after another post does no good whatsoever. I suggest that you find the correct forum for your efforts.

Rushy

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
ClockTower, we're worried that you might actually believe in Flat Earthers. They're like the bogeyman, entirely made up to scare young physicists.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »
ClockTower, we're worried that you might actually believe in Flat Earthers. They're like the bogeyman, entirely made up to scare young physicists.
<yawn> Do you have anything to contribute to the topic? If not, please post your comments elsewhere.

Rushy

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
You knew what the FET answer to this would be long before you posted it. If you didn't know, its in the reply directly after the OP (mine).

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
You knew what the FET answer to this would be long before you posted it. If you didn't know, its in the reply directly after the OP (mine).
Let's see now...
1) George Scott Fallacy. You can't tell me what I knew.
2) "its" should be "it's".
3) Please let me know when you were elected to be the decider of what "the FET answer to this" would be.
4) Unless you have something to contribute to the topic, please post in the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Rushy

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
Just because I haven't had enough time to look for the math in FET doesn't mean it is not there. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I have a job to do and I can't go around devoting my daily life of trying to provide the glory of the Truth to a bunch of heathens.

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »
Just because I haven't had enough time to look for the math in FET doesn't mean it is not there. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I have a job to do and I can't go around devoting my daily life of trying to provide the glory of the Truth to a bunch of heathens.
Special Pleading Fallacy again? Surely you can argue without making such mistakes! (I particularly like the "bunch of heathens" part.)
ETA: spelling error.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:27:53 PM by ClockTower »

Rushy

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
Special Pleading Fallacy again? Surely you can argue without making such mistakes! (I particularly like the "brunch of heathens" part.)

I never take brunches with heathens. I hate them enough when they're not around me, actually eating a meal with them? Ew.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »
I didn't ask for your help. Please stop. In particular, listing necro-threads in one after another post does no good whatsoever. I suggest that you find the correct forum for your efforts.

Are you fucking kidding me? I wasn't "listing necro threads" (whatever the hell that means), I was listing threads, old ones, that already addressed your topic. Threads you should have searched for before wading in with another tired old question. I still can't believe you have more than 4000 posts. Are you hard of learning?

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »

Are you f***ing kidding me? I wasn't "listing necro threads" (whatever the hell that means), I was listing threads, old ones, that already addressed your topic. Threads you should have searched for before wading in with another tired old question. I still can't believe you have more than 4000 posts. Are you hard of learning?
If you don't know what it means, then how do you know you weren't doing it? As I stated in the OP, this was a split off of another topic that Tom was derailing. We were debating the topic already. Do you understand now?

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »

Are you f***ing kidding me? I wasn't "listing necro threads" (whatever the hell that means), I was listing threads, old ones, that already addressed your topic. Threads you should have searched for before wading in with another tired old question. I still can't believe you have more than 4000 posts. Are you hard of learning?
If you don't know what it means, then how do you know you weren't doing it? As I stated in the OP, this was a split off of another topic that Tom was derailing. We were debating the topic already. Do you understand now?

I know what each of those words means, but the way you have put them together makes no sense.

As stated in the post you quoted by me: you should have searched before posting. The other threads contain answers (they're bullshit answers but they are answers). You should have been prepared for this after trying to accuse me of going off-topic in a thread that shouldn't even exist.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:39 AM »
I know what each of those words means, but the way you have put them together makes no sense.

As stated in the post you quoted by me: you should have searched before posting. The other threads contain answers (they're bullshit answers but they are answers). You should have been prepared for this after trying to accuse me of going off-topic in a thread that shouldn't even exist.
Fortunately for the value of the site, you don't get to decide what threads exist. ego much?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:35:49 AM by ClockTower »

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »

Fortunately for the value of the site, you don't get to decide what thread exist. ego much?

I have no idea what you're talking about and I would bet neither do you.