The NASA/Other Space Agencies Appreciation thread

• 140 Replies

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
Re: The NASA/Other Space Agencies Appreciation thread
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
With recent messages or two from a very small majority with unfounded attacks on NASA and other space agencies,
I would just like like to reiterate that the vast majority of this site truly is appreciate of all that you do and does not reflect disc earth or spherical earth theory.

Thank you for all you do
What is a "very small majority"?  ???

Well if there are only three FE'ers and two believe in a conspiracy, I'd say that is a very small amount that is also a majority.

Ah, now it makes sense. He means the majority of FE'ers attack space agencies, while the majority of this site (which is not FE'ers) appreciates them.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
to the great people of NASA and other space agencies,
we appreciate all you do!
please ignore a very small minority of this great society.

chuck22

• Universe: single spoken sentence "God said..."
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »
I disagree.  False science has retarded the growth of humanity.  NASA has led the way promoting myths and passing those myths off as science. 
"...let there be..."

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
I'm sure Nasa has done at least one thing for the greater good of humanity like safety grooving on the side of roads! I know that's helped me out a time or two.  ;)
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
I disagree.  False science has retarded the growth of humanity.  NASA has led the way promoting myths and passing those myths off as science.

Really? What are you doing by lying, promoting lies?
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
The people that work so very hard at NASA do not spread lies,
I think the vast majority a actually believe the earth is a sphere.
I think one more Zetetic thinkers enter into careers that deal with Aerospace the truth will be revealed soon.
Until then we must look upon what NASA and other space agencies with our utmost respect.

Rushy

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
Indeed, many at NASA do truly believe the earth to be an ellipsoid. Many others still are complete liars. We must defraud the whole of NASA, for if we cherry pick members then we will never succeed.

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
With a bunch of newcomers asking the same question, who, what and why a conspiracy,
just want to let them know the FAQ is wrong, NASA is not trying to hide anything, and not after profit sold on lies.

They are just incorrect about the shape.
99.9% or more of us were raised to believe in a spherical world, unquestioned.

The fine people at NASA are just getting it wrong. Hopefully more Zetetics will be in space soon and the truth will be revealed.

?

GoldenLily

• A rose remains the same no matter what you call it
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
Hey,
I don't want to insult anyone, everyone has the right to believe in what they want. Even if their beliefs are a bit... you know.
I just want to know who came up with the idea of the NASA conspiracy.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point of it. Why would the government spend billions of dollars on a conspiracy. It doesn't make sense to me.

-GoldenLily
Differences make people interesting.

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
good question Lily,
cause there is no massive conspiracy, even the faqqers will tell you that.
But it is written in the FAQ and can not be changed for some reason.
(kind of like the "spot light" sun and flock of seagull setting sun thoeries.)

?

Graff

• ROBOSCORPIONS ATTACK!
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
@Iwanttobelieve.
I have to ask; what about ICBMs?
Tom always says they don't exist. But if what you say is true; do they, in a FET, exist?
God bless the Enclave.

?

GoldenLily

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
I didn't get the spotlight sun part either. Haven't we already proved that the sun is a gigantic ball of hydrogen and helium? Where does the spotlight part come in?
I mean, if it orbits the flat Earth, then where do horizons or sunrises or sunsets come in. What's the reasoning for those?
And the "flock of seagulls?" I haven't heard about that yet.

~Lily

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
Iwanttobelieve, it's fine that you want to express your own beliefs, but please note that they do not apply to the entirety of FES. The majority of us do indeed believe in a conspiracy, although it could be better likened to a giant embezzling scheme.

Lily: we have an excellent wiki and FAQ for you to peruse:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page -wiki
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ            -FAQ
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:10:49 PM by Tausami »

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Iwanttobelieve, it's fine that you want to express your own beliefs, but please note that they do not apply to the entirety of FES. The majority of us do indeed believe in a conspiracy, although it could be better likened to a giant embezzling scheme.

the FES just ignores his/her one liners anyway all iwanttobelieve goes on about is that "the earth is flat, but all the flat earth believers are wrong" but the problem is what iwanttobelieve believes directly contradicts all of FET. the reason there is a conspiracy is because nasa point blank shoots down FET and if you believe in FET that strongly then to you nasa is lying

?

GoldenLily

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

I read through pretty much the whole FAQ and Wiki and not one word did I see about seagulls. Please explain that to me. I get most of what you guys were saying. Likely as not, I'd even believe it- if it wasn't for space travel. I'm sorry guys, but I really am not down with the whole idea of the government spending billions of dollars each years to fund a conspiracy.
I do respect your beliefs, however, and I concede that the Earth looks pretty darn flat from down here.

-Lily

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »

I read through pretty much the whole FAQ and Wiki and not one word did I see about seagulls. Please explain that to me. I get most of what you guys were saying. Likely as not, I'd even believe it- if it wasn't for space travel. I'm sorry guys, but I really am not down with the whole idea of the government spending billions of dollars each years to fund a conspiracy.
I do respect your beliefs, however, and I concede that the Earth looks pretty darn flat from down here.

-Lily

i hope the above is just a quote fail...
the point about seagulls has come from a book you can read it here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/  the author contests that the theory of perspective is wrong and he produces his own theory on how the sun sets

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »

the flock of seagull experiment which has been debunked.

ALTHOUGH the sun is at all times above the earth's surface, it appears in the morning to ascend from the north-east to the noonday position, and thence to descend and disappear, or set, in the north-west. This phenomenon arises from the operation of a simple and everywhere visible law of perspective. A flock of birds, when passing over a flat or marshy country, always appears to descend is it recedes; and if the flock is extensive, the first bird appears lower or nearer to the horizon than the last, although they are at the same actual altitude above the earth immediately beneath them. When a balloon sails away from an observer, without increasing or decreasing its altitude, it appears to gradually approach the horizon. In a long row of lamps, the second--supposing the observer to stand at the beginning of the series---will appear lower than the first; the third lower than the .second; and so on to the end of the row; the farthest away always appearing the lowest, although each one has the same altitude; and if such a straight line of lamps could be continued far enough, the lights would at length descend, apparently, to the horizon, or to a level with the eye of the observer, as shown in the following diagram, fig. 63.

p. 125

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »
with yet another attack on one of NASA;s biggest champions, Rushy,
just want to let those who peruse this sites theory,  we do not condone this!
the people of NASA and other space agencies are hard working and honest people,

we do not disrespect them in ANY WAY!

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:22 AM »
to the faqqers who bash NASA,
to you, who is NASA?

the true people that believe in disc earth theory do not believe in a massive conspiracy.

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
With some unfounded recent attacks on the good people of NASA and other space agencies that this society does NOT condone attacks of this nature.
To the new people of this forum, this is not the position of the Zetetics, just a few (very) vocal posters.

Many thanks to the hard working people of NASA and other space agencies!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »
NASA SUCKs :P
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
NASA SUCKs :P

Great constructive argument!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
Even if there isn't a conspiracy, then NASA must be ridiculously incompetent.  I really don't see how a thread like this is compatible with FET.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »
Even if there isn't a conspiracy, then NASA must be ridiculously incompetent.  I really don't see how a thread like this is compatible with FET.

How would they be incompetent? It wouldn't be their fault for not realizing that sustained spaceflight is impossible, as FET dictates. Don't they get points for trying really hard?
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Come to think of it, I don't see how FET is compatible with believing there is no conspiracy.

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
Come to think of it, I don't see how FET is compatible with believing there is no conspiracy.

And the existence of a conspiracy doesn't make sense. That's what Occam's Razor teaches us (and not the other way round, because the complexity of such a conspiracy would be beyond human's grasp).

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
Irrelevant.  I simply mean that assuming FET to be true.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

And the existence of a conspiracy doesn't make sense. That's what Occam's Razor teaches us (and not the other way round, because the complexity of such a conspiracy would be beyond human's grasp).

Occams Razor says that the explanation with the least number of assumptions is most likely true. The explanation with the least number of assumptions is the simplest explanation.

What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter straight up at 7 miles per second, and that NASA can do the impossible on a daily basis, explore the solar system, and constantly wow the nation by landing a man on the moon and sending robots to mars; or is the simplest explanation that they really can't do all of that stuff?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
Occams Razor says that the explanation with the least number of assumptions is most likely true. The explanation with the least number of assumptions is the simplest explanation.

What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter straight up at 7 miles per second, and that NASA can do the impossible on a daily basis, explore the solar system, and constantly wow the nation by landing a man on the moon and sending robots to mars; or is the simplest explanation that they really can't do all of that stuff?

Tom, you seriously need to update your copypasta library.  I've told you before that NASA never claimed to accelerate 100 tons straight up at 7 miles per second (which is not even a measure of acceleration).  If you want to trash talk NASA, then at least get your outrageous claims factually correct.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
So many years, so many people, so much money, such a continuous flow of data, faking in real-time: yes Occam's Razor does apply.