Understanding your Idea

• 28 Replies
Understanding your Idea
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
Dear people who believe that the world is "flat",

I want to understand why you are so sure that the world is flat, and what you hope to get out of proving this idea? I have a few questions which you may or may not be able to answer,

1. Why is the world round in pictures taken?

2. Do you believe all planets are flat? Even asteroids?

3. How did airplanes fly around the world? Wouldn't they fly out?

4. What the hell is at the bottom of the earth then?

5. Would the sunlight from the sun block major parts of the flat earth? Resulting in out of this world extreme temperatures in certain places? Or the balance of light?

6. If people have been digging 40,000 feet deep holes, do you now purpose the world is "a square"?

7. If I was at the corner of the earth, would I fall?

If believers can't answer all these questions enough to convince me EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST, I will never take any of you seriously again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:17:55 PM by Redhotpengy »
"I discovered that what's really important for a creator isn't what we vaguely define as inspiration or even what it is we want to say, recall, regret, or rebel against. No, what's important is the way we say it. Art is all about craftsmanship." -Fellini

Rushy

Re: Understanding a brainless idea
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

I want to understand why you are so sure that the world is flat, and what you hope to get out of proving this idea? I have a few questions which you may or may not be able to answer,

These pictures are all faked.
Planets are not flat. Asteroids are not flat, however they are not spherical either
How many planes do you know of that take random fun missions over Antartica?
What is at the bottom of the earth in a round earth? This question makes no sense.
5. Would the sunlight from the sun block major parts of the flat earth? Resulting in out of this world extreme temperatures in certain places? Or the balance of light?
No, check the FAQ
6. If people have been digging 40,000 feet deep holes, do you now purpose the world is "a square"?
This question also makes no sense, the world is a cylinder.
You would probably die before even reaching the ice wall.
If believers can't answer all these questions enough to convince me EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST, I will never take any of you seriously again.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
OK fine, wouldn't it be a cylinder?

If this "ice wall" surrounds the earth, how do airplanes go from New York to Australia? Japan to USA?

The bottom of a round earth is the earth, because everything stretches over it. Please do not try to it on me when you can't answer. I will admit though, these theories are interesting.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:36:25 PM by Redhotpengy »
"I discovered that what's really important for a creator isn't what we vaguely define as inspiration or even what it is we want to say, recall, regret, or rebel against. No, what's important is the way we say it. Art is all about craftsmanship." -Fellini

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
OK fine, wouldn't it be a cylinder?

The bottom of a round earth is the earth, because everything stretches over it. Please do not try to it on me when you can't answer. I will admit though, these theories are interesting.

A round earth has no bottom. Your second sentence honestly makes no sense at all.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
You claim all the countries that we all know and love are on the top, whereas on the round earth, it covers it like a blanket. Honestly, I'm the stupid one? You still have yet to answer the question about the cylinder.

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »
If you can't understand that a spherical object has no bottom, I highly doubt you could understand the many complex concepts a flat earth requires. I'm done here.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms. You are just turning something you can't answer on me, so I look like the idiot; getting all uselessly "technical" on me, when you know what the bloody hell I mean. Okay, perhaps you should ask a person on the street what is at the bottom of a painted sphere of a round earth, and a painted flat earth. If you are so stupid, that I have to explain to you that by "bottom" I mean the other side, you are the brainless one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:51:32 PM by Redhotpengy »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms. You are just turning something you can't answer on me, so I look like the idiot; getting all uselessly "technical" on me, when you know what the bloody hell I mean. Okay, perhaps you should ask a person on the street what is at the bottom of a painted sphere of a round earth, and a painted flat earth. If you are so stupid, that I have to explain to you that by "bottom" I mean the other side, you are the brainless one.

1) Angry noob
2) Why is it important?

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
You berate others for petty insults yet your thread title itself is insulting.  Brainless implies vacuity, emptiness, a mental void if you will.  If you wish to gain any understanding from your alleged interest perhaps you should start a new thread without such a condescending approach.  Irushwithscvs is not even an FE advocate, he believes the earth is  spherical, yet even he recognises your disdain and has reciprocated accordingly.  If you wish to be respected, you must at least be somewhat respectful.  Is this such a difficult compromise to grasp?  The fine men and women of these most excellent fora deal with angry noobs like you all the time.  If you cannot conduct yourself as an adult just leave this fine society alone. 
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

This is due to the space mediums effect on light.
No.
Airplanes fly a circle around the north pole, usually.
We don't know.  Underneath the earth there is likely a submoon.
No, its distributed roughly evenly due to the space mediums cyclical nature.
This question doesn't make any sense.
There is no corner, the earth is an infinite plane with finite gravitational pull.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
All of this is really interesting. After going on the forums and reading more into it, I respect your opinion on a flat earth. I'm not a believer, but I do find your ideas fascinating. The idea I find the most fascinating is the "Ice Wall" and the 'Ice Wall Guards". One day I'd love to do a documentary about crossing Antarctica, tying to find the ice wall and the edge of earth.

Of course, that would be years into the future, considering I am only 16. I would need to require so much knowledge before I even planned anything.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:19:55 PM by Redhotpengy »

Username

• Administrator
Re: Understanding your Idea
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »
When it happens, I'll do anything I can to help you. 

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
Thanks!  :D I'd definitely need someone to talk to/interview, and go on the trip with along with a crew, because I'm pretty much at noob at this whole Flat Earth idea at the moment, although I can probably sustain explaining it to someone who haven't heard of it before.

It's still years ahead, but your help is noted  :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:41:14 PM by Redhotpengy »

?

Archibald

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 10:56:06 AM »
Thanks!  :D I'd definitely need someone to talk to/interview, and go on the trip with along with a crew, because I'm pretty much at noob at this whole Flat Earth idea at the moment, although I can probably sustain explaining it to someone who haven't heard of it before.

It's still years ahead, but your help is noted  :)

Good fellow, there are no ice wall gaurds.  For more insight into this matter, read the thread ''icewall gaurds'' in FE Q&A.  I have also posted some of my other most respected theories there.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
You haven't posted anything in the FAQ!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
You haven't posted anything in the FAQ!

He didn't claim to have.

?

Archibald

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »
When have I claimed to have?

Rushy

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »

Zhark probably does the same thing I do and not really read your posts but just skim over them in the phase of about half a second. You used FE and Q&A so close together it looked like FAQ.

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:33 AM »

Zhark probably does the same thing I do and not really read your posts but just skim over them in the phase of about half a second. You used FE and Q&A so close together it looked like FAQ.

Yeah and most of it is gibberish (and often in contradiction with FETs).
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 04:20:44 AM »
Zhark probably does the same thing I do and not really read your posts but just skim over them in the phase of about half a second.
He does that with pretty much all posts, which is why his responses rarely make sense.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »
The faq is a starting point, not an end point.  For the most part, it features mostly Rowbotham age idealogy sprinkled with a few ideas from this forum of various models.  Really its just to get your feet wet so people at least know one of the explanation of one of the most widespread (as far as these forums are concerned) models of flat earth work.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
The faq is a starting point, not an end point.  For the most part, it features mostly Rowbotham age idealogy sprinkled with a few ideas from this forum of various models.  Really its just to get your feet wet so people at least know one of the explanation of one of the most widespread (as far as these forums are concerned) models of flat earth work.
Your crude attempt at Zen aside, that's not Science. You need to document what your hypothesis is, show its basis with the most confirming evidences and experiment, using the best and brightest FEers. (Of course, I'll let FEers decide who to let into the consensus exercise, but I would remind you that Tom Bishop claims, so very incorrectly, that the distance to the Sun can be easily measured using trig from 45 degrees latitude at local solar noon.)

While you could have a "history of FET" section, FES is less than honest with its FAQ by listing out-dated, unsupported, or ill-advised answers. For example, why would you present the incomplete history of transportation, leaving out the last few years, when teaching auto body shop?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Your crude attempt at Zen aside, that's not Science.

Clearly our faq is not an attempt at science.  Its an attempt to answer frequently asked questions on the forum.  As far as Zen is concerned, I have done nothing Zen-like in the above post and so remain confused as to the nature and meaning of your comment.

You need to document what your hypothesis is, show its basis with the most confirming evidences and experiment, using the best and brightest FEers.
The hypothesis is the root of most issues with modern "science."  That is why we prefer to be zetetic or neozetetic.

why would you present the incomplete history of transportation, leaving out the last few years, when teaching auto body shop?
I'm unsure, again, as to what you are referring to. 

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
Your crude attempt at Zen aside, that's not Science.

Clearly our faq is not an attempt at science.  Its an attempt to answer frequently asked questions on the forum.  As far as Zen is concerned, I have done nothing Zen-like in the above post and so remain confused as to the nature and meaning of your comment.

You need to document what your hypothesis is, show its basis with the most confirming evidences and experiment, using the best and brightest FEers.
The hypothesis is the root of most issues with modern "science."  That is why we prefer to be zetetic or neozetetic.

why would you present the incomplete history of transportation, leaving out the last few years, when teaching auto body shop?
I'm unsure, again, as to what you are referring to.
I'll rephrase: You need to document what your conclusion is, show its basis with the most confirming evidences and experiment, using the best and brightest FEers.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »

For the the life of me, I still can't understand why Zetetics have such a problem with the word "hypothesis".  It's not as if the hypothesis is something that must be proven correct at any cost.  If anything, it's far more exciting for scientists when their hypothesis is proven wrong.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 06:28:29 AM »

For the the life of me, I still can't understand why Zetetics have such a problem with the word "hypothesis".  It's not as if the hypothesis is something that must be proven correct at any cost.
No, usually its just the cost of eating another day or feeding ones family.

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »

For the the life of me, I still can't understand why Zetetics have such a problem with the word "hypothesis".  It's not as if the hypothesis is something that must be proven correct at any cost.
No, usually it's just the cost of eating another day or feeding one's family.
Okay, I'll bite. Why are Zetetics usually concerned with the cost of eating another day or feeding one's family? How is this relevant to this topic?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 06:55:03 AM »

Okay, I'll bite. Why are Zetetics usually concerned with the cost of eating another day or feeding one's family? How is this relevant to this topic?
I think that's John's subtle way of saying that if scientists don't prove their hypotheses, then they lose their jobs (which probably explains why there are no professional FET scientists left).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »

I think that's John's subtle way of saying that if scientists don't prove their hypotheses, then they lose their jobs (which probably explains why there are no professional FET scientists left).
Got it! 1) Grammar errors, 2) Ambiguous antecedent, 3) Irrelevant, and 4) actually leads to the conclusion that FET fails to produce.