Origin of bendy light

• 27 Replies
Origin of bendy light
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
Hello all,

I was thinking about bendy light the other day and I couldn't come up with a known mechanism, besides gravity or diffraction, that could cause light to bend. How exactly does one accelerate an electromagnetic wave?
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

Rushy

Re: Origin of bendy light
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »
Dark energy.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »
Hello all,

I was thinking about bendy light the other day and I couldn't come up with a known mechanism, besides gravity or diffraction, that could cause light to bend. How exactly does one accelerate an electromagnetic wave?

It doesn't need a mechanism because it is observed not to produce the effects it needs in order to work. Please stop propagating the false impression that bendy light is still a usable theory. It was disproved nearly two years ago.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
Dark energy.

Dark energy cannot have a noticeable impact on light, or we would be able to detect it...  Thats why its called "dark"

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
Dark energy.

Dark energy cannot have a noticeable impact on light, or we would be able to detect it...  Thats why its called "dark"

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Can you give a description of the dark energy predicted by FET?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

No.  That's the point; dark energy is called "dark" because it can't be detected.  We can only see its effects.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:08 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

No.  That's the point; dark energy is called "dark" because it can't be detected.  We can only see its effects.

If it can't be detected, how do we know dark energy is causing the effects?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

"Dark energy" is a placeholder name given to the origin of the effects, so it's causing the effects by definition.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

"Dark energy" is a placeholder name given to the origin of the effects, so it's causing the effects by definition.

Back to what I was saying before...

In physics, when a phenomenon is seen to occur and the mechanism behind it is unknown, it is sometimes possible to infer certain properties of the mystery mechanism.

Looking at its effects on things, can we infer any of dark energy's properties?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Back to what I was saying before...

In physics, when a phenomenon is seen to occur and the mechanism behind it is unknown, it is sometimes possible to infer certain properties of the mystery mechanism.

Looking at its effects on things, can we infer any of dark energy's properties?

It would certainly be an interesting mental exercise; unfortunately I can't think of any FEers who have attempted to give it properties.  I can't offhand think of any way to do so.

Of course it makes no difference one way or the other.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Placeholder meaning another made up definition with no evidence to back it up. Kinda like the whole wiki and faq.
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
Dark energy.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Placeholder meaning another made up definition with no evidence to back it up. Kinda like the whole wiki and faq.

Dark matter is similarly defined.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »
Let's not forget about gravitation.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »

Defined but no evidence.

I just defined your faq and wiki as a work of fiction.

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »

The only difference being that we know at lot more about gravitation than dark matter/energy

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
The only difference being that we know at lot more about gravitation than dark matter/energy
It is one of the best-kept secrets of RE'ers. I think they're purposefully keeping me out of the loop, resorting to vague half-answers whenever asked about what causes it.

Rushy

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
We only have one theory (gravity) whereas FE'ers need two theories to explain their flat earth (Universal Acceleration and Celestial Gravitation). FE'ers admit gravity exists, just not on earth. This ridiculous way of thinking earth is somehow the universe's special place is getting old. Please present a real alternative to gravity.

Also I would like to note gravity has a proven effect on time itself. How does UA or celestial gravitation explain this concept?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:39:13 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
It is one of the best-kept secrets of RE'ers. I think they're purposefully keeping me out of the loop, resorting to vague half-answers whenever asked about what causes it.

While the origins of gravity are not yet known, general relativity and quantum mechanics give us a reasonable place to start looking. As yet, there is no flat Earth theory that can math either in terms of scope and precision. That is one of the biggest reasons RET is more reasonable than FET.

Do you know what causes the UA? Every time I ask someone you reply with a nonsensical answer like aether wind, as if that is supposed to mean anything.  ::)

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »
I'm beginning to think my posts are invisible.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »

It's merely because you half understand what people say, and generally wrongly (let me remind you how you showed yourself to be utterly ridiculous in the FE maps debate)?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »
(let me remind you how you showed yourself to be utterly ridiculous in the FE maps debate)
Please, do remind me! Remind me of yourself asking for a map, us providing a map, and you saying "No, that's not a map. Show me a map. Not a single map has been shown yet!", and other utterly inane things. It will be so enjoyable!

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:48 AM »
Provide a FE map, not a RE map!

What's so difficult to understand?

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
There is only one Earth. All maps of the Earth are both RE and FE maps.

You seem to have a difficulty understanding the above. However, I'm a bit worried that you need to ask me to find out what you don't understand.

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25:10 AM »

You seem to have a difficulty understanding the above. However, I'm a bit worried that you need to ask me to find out what you don't understand.

If you confuse a sphere and a flat surface, you're hopeless. Go back to school.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 06:13:34 AM »
Great! Then we know that FET is wrong, as all modern RET maps shows that the Earth is round. Reference: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MercatorProjection.html. Hurrah, PP has won the debate for RET!
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
Please PlanetPizzaz read carefully ClockTower's link before making a fool of yourself.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
Please PlanetPizzaz read carefully ClockTower's link before making a fool of yourself.

He doesn't have time he's lurking moar.