Ice wall guards

• 82 Replies
Re: Ice wall guards
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
it is still almost impossible for man in the 21st century to explore the vast depth of the ocean. I would think that the near absolute darkness of the unlit area would even be more treacherous, but hopefully it will be explored very soon. At least we could figure out where an "edge" may be if it exists at all.

Wouldn't it be much easier just to fly south and keep going? That way you avoid the treacherous conditions on the ground.

No, it would simply be more dangerous, considering of course you managed to successfully navigate on a constant southern route. It would be a most difficult task at considering the harshness of the climate and terrain.  Not to mention possibly hundreds of miles to navigate.  Air transport may seem the expedient venture however it may not be so (see Nazi Foo Fighter test flights).

I don't believe these Nazi test flights ever took place, as I don't believe in conspiracy theories unless I have reliable evidence.

Why would the climate and terrain pose any problems to sufficiently high altitude aircraft? Also, I think it would fairly easy to remain on a southern course, there are many navigational systems that could accomplish this; INS, gyroscopes, compass, etc.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
it is still almost impossible for man in the 21st century to explore the vast depth of the ocean. I would think that the near absolute darkness of the unlit area would even be more treacherous, but hopefully it will be explored very soon. At least we could figure out where an "edge" may be if it exists at all.

Wouldn't it be much easier just to fly south and keep going? That way you avoid the treacherous conditions on the ground.

No, it would simply be more dangerous, considering of course you managed to successfully navigate on a constant southern route. It would be a most difficult task at considering the harshness of the climate and terrain.  Not to mention possibly hundreds of miles to navigate.  Air transport may seem the expedient venture however it may not be so (see Nazi Foo Fighter test flights).

I don't believe these Nazi test flights ever took place, as I don't believe in conspiracy theories unless I have reliable evidence.

Why would the climate and terrain pose any problems to sufficiently high altitude aircraft? Also, I think it would fairly easy to remain on a southern course, there are many navigational systems that could accomplish this; INS, gyroscopes, compass, etc.

Betsy Ross sewing the first american flag was a conspiracy but I bet you believed when your teavhers told you.  You simply wont do any first hand investigating, its so much easier and simpler to label something as conspiracy bilge.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »

Betsy Ross sewing the first american flag was a conspiracy but I bet you believed when your teavhers told you.  You simply wont do any first hand investigating, its so much easier and simpler to label something as conspiracy bilge.

Another conspiracy! I'd love to hear more about this one.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
The new theory of bendy flags requires a massive conspiracy to fool the world into thinking she made the flag. That about sum it up?  ::)

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
LOL you are using my quote as your signature?
"I discovered that what's really important for a creator isn't what we vaguely define as inspiration or even what it is we want to say, recall, regret, or rebel against. No, what's important is the way we say it. Art is all about craftsmanship." -Fellini

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »
LOL you are using my quote as your signature?

Haha, indeed I am. It seemed like too good a quote to pass up.  ;D

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
Well, sir, I am honored  ;D
"I discovered that what's really important for a creator isn't what we vaguely define as inspiration or even what it is we want to say, recall, regret, or rebel against. No, what's important is the way we say it. Art is all about craftsmanship." -Fellini

?

Archibald

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »

It was actually while serving time in prison which I learned about this.  I had submitted an inter-library loan from Princeton University fromthe prisons library computer terminal about bee keeping.  This was due to my plans to initiate a multiple hive operation following my release from captivity however problems arising shortly after my release inhibited these operations.  I was also studying the bees and their structual organization as I hoped to learn better how they form and operate a hive, as the details are most intricate and complex.  I was then going to attempt to implement  their habits and tendencies into todays society in further attempt to foster better societal conditions and build better communties to dwell in.  As I went to the prison library to pick up the bee keeping book, I took note to a world almanac.  At that time I had never viewed one and naturally, my inquisitive nature provoked me to check the book out.  It was in the almanac, in the politics and history section that I first learned that there is no historical evidence supporting Betsy Ross as the one who sewed the first american flag.  I, in turn, began the investigation as to why I had been taught this in grade school.  The results of this investigation were  most disappointing.  Betsy Ross was, ''read out'' of her local quaker community after she married her first husband (which allowed her the last name Ross).  Being ''read out'' is the equivalent to being excommunicated by the Roman catholic church.   Your quaker community and family no longer deal with you.  This was a result of her marriage as inter-denominational marriages went against the quakers religious doctrine.  She then started an upholstery business of her own (which was a risky business venture as she knew there would be no business from the local quaker community) which at the time was more than just home interior furnishment.  In those days upholstery included other crafts, including flag making which she produced for the local pennsylvania government for several years.  Her first husband was killed and she married a few more after that.  It wasnt until long after Elizabeth's (Betsy Ross) death, that her grandson William Canby presented the story of Betsy sewing the first american flag.  These are the facts, the theories surrounding why these events took place branch off from several different motives and involve two major theories. 
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2011, 03:38:10 AM »

It was actually while serving time in prison which I learned about this.  I had submitted an inter-library loan from Princeton University fromthe prisons library computer terminal about bee keeping.  This was due to my plans to initiate a multiple hive operation following my release from captivity however problems arising shortly after my release inhibited these operations.  I was also studying the bees and their structual organization as I hoped to learn better how they form and operate a hive, as the details are most intricate and complex.  I was then going to attempt to implement  their habits and tendencies into todays society in further attempt to foster better societal conditions and build better communties to dwell in.  As I went to the prison library to pick up the bee keeping book, I took note to a world almanac.  At that time I had never viewed one and naturally, my inquisitive nature provoked me to check the book out.  It was in the almanac, in the politics and history section that I first learned that there is no historical evidence supporting Betsy Ross as the one who sewed the first american flag.  I, in turn, began the investigation as to why I had been taught this in grade school.  The results of this investigation were  most disappointing.  Betsy Ross was, ''read out'' of her local quaker community after she married her first husband (which allowed her the last name Ross).  Being ''read out'' is the equivalent to being excommunicated by the Roman catholic church.   Your quaker community and family no longer deal with you.  This was a result of her marriage as inter-denominational marriages went against the quakers religious doctrine.  She then started an upholstery business of her own (which was a risky business venture as she knew there would be no business from the local quaker community) which at the time was more than just home interior furnishment.  In those days upholstery included other crafts, including flag making which she produced for the local pennsylvania government for several years.  Her first husband was killed and she married a few more after that.  It wasnt until long after Elizabeth's (Betsy Ross) death, that her grandson William Canby presented the story of Betsy sewing the first american flag.  These are the facts, the theories surrounding why these events took place branch off from several different motives and involve two major theories.

1. I don't see a conspiracy, at best unvalid historicity.

2. Can't you make, at leat, paragraphs?

?

Archibald

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »

No, just read the wall of text.  I laid out for you why and how this american folk lore came about as some here (yourself included) once again expressed doubt in my historical accounting.  The end of my explanantion clearly stated that there were motives behind what took place and stem into two main theories (conspiracy).  I had posted a good bit of words and figured I wouldnt overwhelm the good people here as I know many of them to confound so easily. 

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »

No, just read the wall of text.  I laid out for you why and how this american folk lore came about as some here (yourself included) once again expressed doubt in my historical accounting.  The end of my explanantion clearly stated that there were motives behind what took place and stem into two main theories (conspiracy).  I had posted a good bit of words and figured I wouldnt overwhelm the good people here as I know many of them to confound so easily.

I still don't see a conspiracy.

?

Archibald

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
Thats because you do not want to.

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »
And that would be a good thing. Going in wanting something to be true is called confirmation bias, a common error of FEers--which you've demonstrated very well, yet again.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Archibald

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
And that would be a good thing. Going in wanting something to be true is called confirmation bias, a common error of FEers--which you've demonstrated very well, yet again.
There is most certainly a bias,  and it is on behalf of the advocaes of the absurd ellipsoid earth theory.  It is called denial.  Please cease your petty attempts and please stop posting like rupaul speaks.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
I laid out for you why and how this american folk lore came about as some here (yourself included) once again expressed doubt in my historical accounting.  The end of my explanantion clearly stated that there were motives behind what took place and stem into two main theories (conspiracy).  I had posted a good bit of words and figured I wouldnt overwhelm the good people here as I know many of them to confound so easily.

I bet you still celebrate the 4th of July and ignore the 2nd, right?  :P
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Archibald

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »
I laid out for you why and how this american folk lore came about as some here (yourself included) once again expressed doubt in my historical accounting.  The end of my explanantion clearly stated that there were motives behind what took place and stem into two main theories (conspiracy).  I had posted a good bit of words and figured I wouldnt overwhelm the good people here as I know many of them to confound so easily.

Thats common knowledge and does not pass conspiracy muster.

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
There is most certainly a bias,  and it is on behalf of the advocaes of the absurd ellipsoid earth theory.  It is called denial.  Please cease your petty attempts and please stop posting like rupaul speaks.
Clearly you don't understand science. Please do stop back when you do understand what confirmation bias is and that it's bad. Please learn to appreciate intellectual honesty of the open-minded inquirer.

?

Archibald

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:19 PM »
Clearly you don't understand science. Please do stop back when you do understand what confirmation bias is and that it's bad. Please learn to appreciate intellectual honesty of the open-minded inquirer.

I know what a bias is.  I also know that your take on matters is extremely bias. 

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »
I know what a bias is.  I also know that your take on matters is extremely biased.
I doubt the first, and know the second is false.

If you knew what bias was and the reasons it should be avoided, you would not complain that someone did not have one.

That's because you do not want to.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »

Thats common knowledge and does not pass conspiracy muster.

I bet you still celebrate 4th of July and ignore the 2nd, right?  :P
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
Archibald, do you seriously believe in the Wunderwaffen?
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »
Archibald, what happened to the cool Ghostbusters avatar?

this new one, of some old guy is way to Tom Bishopy

?

Archibald

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
Archibald, what happened to the cool Ghostbusters avatar?

this new one, of some old guy is way to Tom Bishopy
I was using my sons photo for a while and then decided to use my own.